All female Jury for Zimmerman trail

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/01/george-zimmerman-trial-trayvon-martin-day-6

12:16 p.m. ET: Zimmerman's written statement is four pages long.

12:14 p.m. ET: Singleton also had Zimmerman make a written statement the night of the shooting.

12:11 p.m. ET: Zimmerman told Singleton he got out of the car to check an address on a townhome so he could give dispatch a better address for police officers responding to the scene.

12:08 p.m. ET: De La Rionda has zoomed into the map to show where Zimmerman was driving when he spotted Martin. The scribbles on the map were made by Zimmerman the night of the shooting.

12:03 p.m. ET: Zimmerman takes a few minutes to show Singleton on the map where everything took place the night of the shooting.

11:58 a.m. ET: Prosecutor De La Rionda stopped the tap, and asked Singleton why she showed Zimmerman a Google map of the neighborhood during the intervewa the night of the shooting. She said didn't completely understand the locations he was talking about. Zimmerman drew points on the map where he first saw Martin, and where the altercation occured.

11:57 a.m. ET: "He puts his hand on my nose and my mouth, and he says 'you are going to die tonight," said Zimmerman on the recording..

"As he banged my head again, I just pulled out my firearm and shot him."

"He is mounted on top of me, and I just shot him, and he falls off. And he's like "Alright you got it, you got it."

11:55 a.m. ET: Zimmerman said, "He was wailing on my head, and I started yelling 'help.' When I started yelling for help he grabbed my head he started hitting my head into..."

11:53 a.m. ET: After Martin allegedly punched Zimmerman in the face, he fell down on the ground.

"I tried to defend myself. He just started punching me in the face, and I started screaming for help. I couldn't see. I couldn't breath," said Zimmerman.

11:51 a.m. ET: Ziimmerman said he was walking back to his car, when Martin surprised him.

"He jumped out from the bushes, and he said 'what the [expletive] is your problem homie?' And I got my cell phone out to call 911 this time, and I said 'I don't have a problem.' And he goes, 'no now you have a problem,' and he punched me in the nose," said Zimmerman.

11:48 a.m. ET: Martin cut through the middle of Martin's neighborhood according to Zimmerman.

"The dispatcher told me 'Where are you?' And I said 'I am trying to find out where he went,' and he said 'We don't need you to do that,' And I said 'OK," said Zimmerman.

11:45 a.m. ET: Zimmerman tells Singleton said Martin circled his car, and then he went back into the "darkness," while he was on the phone with the police.

11:43 a.m. ET: Martin's father Tracy Martin is periodically closing his eyes as the recording of the police is played for the jurors.

11:41 a.m. ET: During the interview, Singleton retrieves Zimmerman's cell phone from outside the interview room. Zimmerman looks up the phone number of the president of his neighborhoods HOA so he can assist law enforcement in retrieve tapes recorded by the neighborhoods surveillance system.

11:39 a.m. ET: Zimmerman is not showing any emotion as the recording of his interview with police from the night of the shooting is played for the jury.

They are on recess for lunch.

2:12 p.m. ET: Zimmerman told investigators Martin both ran and walked away. Singleton noticed the inconsistency but didn't find it significant.

"I just assume that he had come in and out of view at least twice -- whether or not he was running or walking, I don't think mattered," said Singleton.

2:09 p.m. ET: Singleton says she didn't notice any inconsistencies with Zimmerman's statements.

"Most people don’t tell you the same story the same way each time," said Singleton. Traumatic events can effect someone's ability to retell stories multiple times, according to Singleton.

2:07 p.m. ET: “Did he evidence that he was angry with Trayvon Martin?” asked O’Mara.

“No,” said Singleton.

“That he had hatred toward him?” asked O’Mara.

“No,” said Singleton.

“That he had anything that would suggest to you a bad attitude towards Trayvon Martin?” asked O’Mara.

“No,” said Singleton.

2:05 p.m. ET: "He gave me like a blank stare on his face and said, 'What do you mean you don’t know the victim?'" He also said to her, "He's dead?!" Then she says Zimmerman hung his head down.

2:03 p.m. ET: O'Mara is asking Singleton about Zimmerman noticing her cross necklace. She says Zimmerman told her, "In the Catholic religion, it is always wrong to kill somebody." She says she told him, "If what you're telling me is truthful, then I don't believe that that is what God means when he means to kill somebody."

2:00 p.m. ET: Singleton says she didn't have any information that she could have given to Zimmerman. O'Mara asks if this was a "virgin" interview where she was getting all the information from Zimmerman. She says that's correct.

1:56 p.m. ET: The attorneys are at a sidebar.

1:53 p.m. ET: Singleton says Zimmerman didn't know of the evidence from the scene at the time because she didn't know about it. She now knows there was an eyewitness and 911 calls that documented the screams.

1:50 p.m. ET: Singleton says most people agree to talk with her. As soon as they refuse, she has to stop speaking to them until their attorney is present. Singleton says that never happened with Zimmerman, he never reserved his right to remain silent.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
2:13 p.m. ET: Singleton says she would have thought Zimmerman would know the street names since he's neighborhood watch.

My friend on FB is watching this trial on TV and she said this before the lunch break. None of the neighbors that have testified knew Zimmerman prior to the trial and he didn't know any of the street names!

My friend on FB is watching this trial on TV and she said this before the lunch break. None of the neighbors that have testified knew Zimmerman prior to the trial and he didn't know any of the street names!
I had the same thought. He said the reason he got out of his car was to see the street name sign. WTF? :retard:

btw, ss
thanks for the time line. I'm watching as much as I can, but when I have to step away, the time line lets me know what I missed.

2:52 p.m. ET: Zimmerman shows police where he says Martin was walking through homes.

"He was just leisurely looking at the house," said Zimmerman.

"He kept staring at me and kept staring around," said Zimmerman. "I don't understand why somebody would be stopping in the rain."

2:49 p.m. ET: The prosecutor is playing video of Zimmerman's walk-through of the neighborhood that he did with police.

2:42 p.m. ET: "When he came up to me, he said, 'You got a problem?' and I said, 'No.' I went to reach for my phone… and then he said, 'You have a problem now’ and punched me in the face." :retard:

"He tried to smother my mouth and my nose. When he did that, I tried to slide out and squirm and realized my shirt came up. I felt him slide his hand toward my right side and said, 'You're going to die [expletive.]'" Zimmerman says Martin reached towards his gun and he shot him. :retard:

"He kind of sat up and said, 'You got me.' I don't remember if I pushed him or he fell," said Zimmerman.

"When he was hitting me I don't know what he was hitting me with... so I grabbed his hands when I was on top of him," said Zimmerman.

"He told me he was going to kill me," said Zimmerman.

2:38 p.m. ET: Serino starts to recount Zimmerman's story. He reported a suspicious person and called the non-emergency number for police.

"I want to retrace your path -- exactly what happened. I want to videotape this," said Serino.

2:35 p.m. ET: Serino had a brief interview with Zimmerman right after midnight and audio was recorded. That audio is being played in court.

2:32 p.m. ET: The prosecution has called Chris Serino to the witness stand. He is a patrol officer for the Sanford Police Department. Zimmerman was not at the scene when he arrived, but Martin still was.

I had the same thought. He said the reason he got out of his car was to see the street name sign. WTF? :retard:

btw, ss
thanks for the time line. I'm watching as much as I can, but when I have to step away, the time line lets me know what I missed.

:tup:

I wish I could watch it online (or listen)...it's not the same reading it online because you don't have the emotions or the tone involved.

When I get home I just watch the footage.

The story Zimmerman gave to the police is straight up bullshyt. What's interesting to ME is this right here that Investigator Singleton gave...

2:12 p.m. ET: Zimmerman told investigators Martin both ran and walked away. Singleton noticed the inconsistency but didn't find it significant.

"I just assume that he had come in and out of view at least twice -- whether or not he was running or walking, I don't think mattered," said Singleton.

2:09 p.m. ET: Singleton says she didn't notice any inconsistencies with Zimmerman's statements.

"Most people don’t tell you the same story the same way each time," said Singleton. Traumatic events can effect someone's ability to retell stories multiple times, according to Singleton.

Zimmerman is straight up lying about what Trayvon was saying to him during that whole encounter....

this is sad

This part right here...
2:42 p.m. ET: "When he came up to me, he said, 'You got a problem?' and I said, 'No.' I went to reach for my phone… and then he said, 'You have a problem now’ and punched me in the face."

"He tried to smother my mouth and my nose. When he did that, I tried to slide out and squirm and realized my shirt came up. I felt him slide his hand toward my right side and said, 'You're going to die [expletive.]'" Zimmerman says Martin reached towards his gun and he shot him

All of that sounds like something Sarge would say.

"You have a problem now"
You're going to die..."

Really?! IDK...but for me, I don't think all this talking would be taking place during a fight and a young man that's never been arrested or has a record is just going to say to someone while fighting "you're going to DIE"?!

Get the fugg outta here with that bullshyt!!!

3:24 p.m. ET: "I ended up on my back and he was on top of me, mounted. And he kept punching me and when I started yelling for help, that’s when he grabbed my head and started slamming it," said Zimmerman.

3:22 p.m. ET: "He was looking at the house intently, the same house I had called about before. He stopped in front of the house," said Zimmerman. "You know what, he’s not walking briskly to get out of the rain. He didn’t look like a marathon runner who trains in the rain. He was just walking slowly and I said something’s off. So that’s why I called non-emergency."

Serino asks him about the "profiling" aspect of the incident. Zimmerman says he would have done the same thing if the person was white.

3:20 p.m. ET: Zimmerman tells Serino about another incident where he called the non-emergency number. He says he spotted a man looking into windows. Police cleared the house and said the doors and windows were all open. Zimmerman says that the next week, the same guy broke into a house and stole a laptop but maintenance guys gave police the guy's location and arrested him.

3:10 p.m. ET: The prosecutor plays video of another interview Serino conducted with Zimmerman, this time on February 29, 2012.

The video is from 3 days AFTER he killed Trayvon...

btw, ss

During an interview, Zimmerman claims he has a bad memory, that's why he had to go look at the street sign. Also the investigator asked him why didn't he identify himself, he had more than one opportunity to do so.

3:32 p.m. ET: Zimmerman says he has an unsecured holster for his gun.

"He was mounted on me but he had pressure on my mouth and nose, suffocating me," said Zimmerman. He says Martin eventually let go of his mouth and nose. "That's when I grabbed his hand and grabbed my firearm and fired. Once he let go that I realized I didn't need my hand and he was going to kill me," said Zimmerman.

3:30 p.m. ET: Serino asks Zimmerman why he doesn't know the street names after living in the neighborhood for three years.

"To be honest with you, I have a bad memory anyway," said Zimmerman.

3:28 p.m. ET: Serino asks Zimmerman if he told Martin he was neighborhood watch. Zimmerman says no. Serino says that maybe if he did, they wouldn't be there.

"Was it fear, precaution, safety or all of the above?" asked Serino.

"I didn’t want to confront him," said Zimmerman. Serino says Martin may have perceived him as a threat and that when he was reaching in his waistband, he may have been reaching for his soft drink.

The other officer in the room asks why Zimmerman ran after Martin if he was afraid of him.

"I didn’t run after him, no. I walked to find a street name or a street sign," said Zimmerman.

Which helps the prosecution in regards to Rachel Jeantel's statements.

"He was mounted on me but he had pressure on my mouth and nose, suffocating me," said Zimmerman. He says Martin eventually let go of his mouth and nose. "That's when I grabbed his hand and grabbed my firearm and fired. Once he let go that I realized I didn't need my hand and he was going to kill me," said Zimmerman.

3:30 p.m. ET: Serino asks Zimmerman why he doesn't know the street names after living in the neighborhood for three years.

3:28 p.m. ET: Serino asks Zimmerman if he told Martin he was neighborhood watch. Zimmerman says no. Serino says that maybe if he did, they wouldn't be there.

"I didn’t want to confront him," said Zimmerman. Serino says Martin may have perceived him as a threat and that when he was reaching in his waistband, he may have been reaching for his soft drink.

The other officer in the room asks why Zimmerman ran after Martin if he was afraid of him.

"I didn’t run after him, no. I walked to find a street name or a street sign," said Zimmerman.

So he had his hand over your face while he was slamming your head to the concrete? Oh my bad you "have a bad memory".

Zimmerman is REALLY helping the prosecution.

Do you have the part where, Serino say's that Trayvon probably felt threatened by Zimmerman, and therefore was in his right to defend himself.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Do you have the part where, Serino say's that Trayvon probably felt threatened by Zimmerman, and therefore was in his right to defend himself.

My bad...I thought I posted it because I had already read it. :lol:

3:34 p.m. ET: Zimmerman says the operator never told him to stay in his car, just to not follow Martin.

In reference to Martin having his hand in his waistband: "I thought he was just trying to look tough or intimidating," said Zimmerman.

"You didn't think he had a weapon?" asks the other officer in the room.

"No, not at the time," said Zimmerman.

As I'm reading Serino's statements I'm remembering that someone involved in the case wanted to arrest Zimmerman...what do you know, it was Serino!!!

From March 29th, 2012

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/03/29...wanted-to-make-arrest-in-trayvon-martin-case/

ABC News reported the lead homicide investigator, Chris Serino, recommended that Zimmerman be charged with manslaughter, but the state attorney’s office felt there was not enough evidence to bring a case. He filed an affidavit on Feb. 26, the night Trayvon was killed, saying he did not believe Zimmerman’s claim of self-defense.

The Sanford P.D. report did actually categorize the incident as “Homicide-Negligent Manslaughter-Unneccessary Killing to Prevent Unlawful Act.â€￾ No prosecutor ever came to the scene of the crime, and the first detective to question Zimmerman after the shooting was a narcotics officer rather than a homicide detective.

It is not uncommon for prosecutors to wait a few days before they make an arrest, because they would want to have enough evidence to charge a suspect with a crime. It was initially reported that Sanford police did not arrest Zimmerman due to lack of probable cause under Florida’s “Stand Your Groundâ€￾ statute. But the Herald report suggests that the department could not move forward after sending the case to Wolfinger’s office and waiting for him to make a determination. Since then, a grand jury was requested to meet April 10, and Corey has been put on the case. Police Chief Bill Lee has temporarily stepped down.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/03/29...-arrest-in-trayvon-martin-case/#ixzz2XpDtzhBc

3:48 p.m. ET: Serino starts playing Zimmerman's non-emergency call for him. He stops it and asks Zimmerman to explain again why Martin looked suspicious. He also stops it when Zimmerman says the suspect was on drugs.

"On drugs, why?" asked Serino.

"He kept looking around. Looking behind him, just kept shifting where he was looking," said Zimmerman.

3:46 p.m. ET: Serino tells Zimmerman to close his eyes and put himself back in the zone from that night.

"What the [expletive] is your problem?" asks Serino.

"I don't have a problem," said Zimmerman.

"What did you say the first time he hit you?" asked Serino.

"I don't think I said a thing," said Zimmerman.

Serino jokes that the one-word association thing never works and the video ends. Serino and Zimmerman move to Serino's desk. The next part is audio.

3:43 p.m. ET: Zimmerman says he had his flashlight in his hand but it wasn't working.

3:41 p.m. ET: "I didn't want to confront him. I was happy he was staying in the area so the police could question him," said Zimmerman.

3:39 p.m. ET: "He can see you're following him... instead of having conversation with him, you put up your window?" asked the other officer.

"Yes ma'am," said Zimmerman.

She explains how that might have seemed creepy to Martin.

3:56 p.m. ET: "It sounds like you’re running, too," said Singleton.

"No, it was just windy," said Zimmerman.

3:55 p.m. ET: "At this point he has to be hiding from you?" asked Serino.

"I don't remember," said Zimmerman.

"The law of physics says he's hiding from you. He couldn't have made it home and come back to attack you in that time," said Serino.

"I wasn't following him, I was just going in the same direction as he was," said Zimmerman.

"That's following," said Serino.

3:52 p.m. ET: "It sounds like he's running as to get away from you... but what kind of run was it? You can't say?" asked Serino.

3:50 p.m. ET: "'Something's wrong with him' -- what's that statement?" asks Serino.

"I don't know," said Zimmerman.

Singleton is asking him where he is and Zimmerman says he doesn't remember.

4:03 p.m. ET: Serino plays a 911 call for Zimmerman, which was made by a neighbor and captures screaming in the background.

"You hear that voice in the background? That's you. You hear yourself?" asked Serino.

"That doesn't even sound like me," said Zimmerman. #BOOM GOTCHA

Serino starts playing the 911 call again.

4:01 p.m. ET: Serino says it took Zimmerman a minute and 20 seconds to walk back to his car. He asks Zimmerman if he stopped at the T in the sidewalk. Zimmerman says no.

"You're in the rain getting wet... you see where the obstacle is here? I'm speaking for you... it doesn't sound like you quite recall exactly what happened at that point."

"It sounds like you're looking for him... you have to catch the bad guy. [Expletive] punk couldn't get away," said Serino. "Did you pursue this kid? Did you want to catch him?"

"No," said Zimmerman.

4:07 p.m. ET: The audio has ended. Prosecutor de la Rionda points out that Zimmerman said the screaming for help didn't even sound like him. Serino remembers Zimmerman saying that. The judge has dismissed court for a 15-minute recess.

4:06 p.m. ET: “I can’t pinpoint where you were smothered, that’s the problem I’m having,” said Serino. "We don’t hear him at all either. Is he being quiet? Is he whispering?"

"Mmhmmm. He’s on top of me telling me to, ‘Shut the [expletive]up,’” said Zimmerman

I cannot wait to get home and see/hear this testimony and the recordings being played!!! OMG!! My heart is racing over here!!!

4:03 p.m. ET: Serino plays a 911 call for Zimmerman, which was made by a neighbor and captures screaming in the background.

"You hear that voice in the background? That's you. You hear yourself?" asked Serino.

bill-duke.jpg

YOU KNOW YOU DONE F****D UP, RIGHT?

Agreed.

How is it self-defense when you were following him? There wouldn't have even been a confrontation if Zimmerman had not followed the kid as he was told.

The other things that bothers me is that Zimmerman had not seen the young man commit a crime or doing anything suggesting that he had committed a crime. He was just an unfamiliar face in the neighborhood. Which is no crime. He was a visitor.

Secondly, I have a problem with a grown man shooting an unarmed child and it being called self-defense. I have heard people say that in some states you can shoot a person that outweighs you by a hundred pounds or if you are in grave danger ... stuff like that. I have no clue if that's true or if that's just people talking. But, shooting an unarmed kid who you have no real reason to believe has done anything irks me. And if I were on the jury I would do all I could to convince the others to put him under the jail.

All along I thought Zimmerman was following Trayvon in the car. Well he had gotten out of his car by the time he called police and was on foot following Trayvon. Zimmerman stalked this kid.....:shame:

4:01 p.m. ET: Serino says it took Zimmerman a minute and 20 seconds to walk back to his car. He asks Zimmerman if he stopped at the T in the sidewalk. Zimmerman says no.

"You're in the rain getting wet... you see where the obstacle is here? I'm speaking for you... it doesn't sound like you quite recall exactly what happened at that point."

"It sounds like you're looking for him... you have to catch the bad guy. [Expletive] punk couldn't get away," said Serino. "Did you pursue this kid? Did you want to catch him?"

"No," said Zimmerman.

Serino wanted to bust Zimmerman's ass....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back