Alcorn State vs Arkansas-Pine Bluff Game Thread: 630pm CT

Kenny Rogers Gambling GIF

The Riverboat Gambler

I know it shouldn’t, but this one hurts; it hurts really bad. I had to walk away from this game in the 4thQ with 11:00 minutes left. I never leave a game before it’s over (unless I’m riding with someone), but I just had to step away from the team I love so much. I’ve been really emotional for the past few months and tonight, it started to get to me.

To the Alcon State Braves....congratulations on your totally amazing turnaround and win. You kept going and never let the score dictate your athleticism and skill. To say the Braves played well would be an insult, so I’ll instead say it was a stellar performance. Tonight, you reminded me why you hold 6 championships!

Again, CONGRATULATIONS! And May God grant the Braves and their fans His traveling Grace and arrival mercy back home! 💜💛🏈

Got to close the door PB… got to close that door… Keep playing though… you’re not out of the SWAC contender seat yet. Alcorn got it tonight, but if they don’t clean up that O line play … they’ll be in serious trouble.

Woah, I went to sleep at halftime thinking PB had this. Everybody was going in and I mean everybody was going in on Alcorn.....

........but now I wake up, check the final score and see this. Wow!

Looks like I missed a great game.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSSqCzAJmV0
Whoever the defensive coordinator is for UAPB needs to be slapped and fired… sir you’re getting scorched downfield repeatedly and you don’t drop 2 in coverage overtop to keep everything in front of you ? They made 2nd half adjustments to deal with the blitz… You’re playing the clock not Alcorn 2nd half. You make them drive the length of the field and bleed the clock. As I said before… coaches making trigonometry out of 2 + 2 … UAPB outplayed Alcorn but coaching was Atlanta falcons 28-3 bad in the second half geez PB. Man Felix is a bad man. Props on a classic. Take the points next time Gamble !

Back