Alcorn State has South Alabama’s full attention despite being FCS program

What about leveling the playing field? What about actions that are for the betterment of the conference and HBCU athletics as a whole?
We will sign after the season fam. We need yall to status quo for a few more months then we can help elevate.

Sidenote: Alcorn did sign a young cat from hometown last year and we got one of the top rbs in the state (dandy dozen) coming out that both of his parents are alcornites.

We will sign after the season fam. We need yall to status quo for a few more months then we can help elevate.

Sidenote: Alcorn did sign a young cat from hometown last year and we got one of the top rbs in the state (dandy dozen) coming out that both of his parents are alcornites.
Angry Denzel Washington GIF

What about leveling the playing field? What about actions that are for the betterment of the conference and HBCU athletics as a whole?
I'm not Coach Prime. I told yall during the Spring what I was going to do when the fall came. The only schools I care for is THEE and PV. The rest, well, they can sit in their cesspools of filth they created.

How long has the AD been there. I mean it seems like Alcorn never had a FT sports trainer and the ones they have are underpaid... Again I ask 40 million and SWAC championships (football) and CB where is the money?

location matters -

plus black trainers do not want to work in the SWAC (SWAC alums also) due to pay, staffing and workload . You can work on a high school level and get paid way more to do less and now not deal with COVID, etc.

It'll always be a high turnover position

Evidently didn't no one in the administration look about using any to fund a full time trainer. I always have had questions about Horne and questioned if the new President could handle the Athletic part of the school. wondering even harder now.
What’s disgusting to me is all this and your playing with someone son or daughters health … these coaches work hard to recruit, build winning teams, and in the end say your son or daughter is in good hands. The fact the president has enabled this type of behavior from its AD for so long is eye raising. This is the type of cancer like behavior that can kill a program if not handled swiftly. Goodluck this weekend and moving forward.

Well Alcorn did receive 40 million and could do whatever they wanted to do with it.... I guess giving a little to the football program was not on the list.

But I do have a question? Alcorn enrollment is about 4000 students prob less, I don't really get how you are the FACE of the SWAC in football in recent years (Celebration Bowl) yet NCAT and even Grambling saw enrollment increases whereas Alcorn has not seen a huge boast in that area

No housing for an increase . Applications have tripled.

AMERICAN FOOTBALL

Alcorn State Still Hasn’t Found A Full-Time Trainer For ESPN3 Game Against South Alabama On Saturday | Don’t Blow The Bag​

By theshadowleague.com | 2h

HBCU Alcorn State is supposed to play South Alabama State on ESPN3 on Saturday at 7 pm, live from Hancock Whitney Stadium in Mobile, Alabama.

According to sources affiliated with the school, Alcorn will make $360,000 just for showing up to what is expected to be a beatdown.

But they might not be able to get the paycheck because Alcorn, as of this time on Thursday, still didn’t have an athletic trainer and the university is using the excuse that it’s a “resource issue.”

Blowing The Bag​

Alcorn State does not have any full-time athletics trainers. The program has used part-time trainers this season. This would be the third game of the season and rumor has it there’s potential player-revolt developing.

Alcorn head coach Fred McNair, brother of the late great Alcorn State and NFL quarterback Steve, pretty much said that the kids haven’t been able to hold a full practice all week and they are frustrated. McNair made it clear that this was a university issue that was above his head.

He threw Alcorn State President M. Christopher Brown II under the bus and let it be known on his weekly radio show that he wants a solution from the administration ASAP.

Penny Pinching Or Incompetance?​

Certified athletic trainers are required to be on-site at games and at practice per NCAA rules in the event of injury or treatment needed for student-athletes.

What makes this situation even worse is that Alcorn State is expected to haul in a $360,000 pay day if they play the game.

Refusing to spend the money needed to have a full-time trainer because of frugality — which in turn blows a six-figure pay day — is what we call hustling backward.

Some student-athletes call it sabotage and nobody in the school’s front office is willing to speak about the situation publicly.

According to sources affiliated with the SWAC conference, players were threatening to stage a boycott because they recognize that they don’t have adequate staff to cover them in case of injury.

Last edited:
AMERICAN FOOTBALL

Alcorn State Still Hasn’t Found A Full-Time Trainer For ESPN3 Game Against South Alabama On Saturday | Don’t Blow The Bag​

By theshadowleague.com | 2h

HBCU Alcorn State is supposed to play South Alabama State on ESPN3 on Saturday at 7 pm, live from Hancock Whitney Stadium in Mobile, Alabama.

According to sources affiliated with the school, Alcorn will make $360,000 just for showing up to what is expected to be a beatdown.

But they might not be able to get the paycheck because Alcorn, as of this time on Thursday, still didn’t have an athletic trainer and the university is using the excuse that it’s a “resource issue.”

Blowing The Bag​

Alcorn State does not have any full-time athletics trainers. The program has used part-time trainers this season. This would be the third game of the season and rumor has it there’s potential player-revolt developing.

Alcorn head coach Fred McNair, brother of the late great Alcorn State and NFL quarterback Steve, pretty much said that the kids haven’t been able to hold a full practice all week and they are frustrated. McNair made it clear that this was a university issue that was above his head.

He threw Alcorn State President M. Christopher Brown II under the bus and let it be known on his weekly radio show that he wants a solution from the administration ASAP.

Penny Pinching Or Incompetance?​

Certified athletic trainers are required to be on-site at games and at practice per NCAA rules in the event of injury or treatment needed for student-athletes.

What makes this situation even worse is that Alcorn State is expected to haul in a $360,000 pay day if they play the game.

Refusing to spend the money needed to have a full-time trainer because of frugality — which in turn blows a six-figure pay day — is what we call hustling backward.

Some student-athletes call it sabotage and nobody in the school’s front office is willing to speak about the situation publicly.

According to sources affiliated with the SWAC conference, players were threatening to stage a boycott because they recognize that they don’t have adequate staff to cover them in case of injury.

President Chris Brown?

Back