Alcorn State has South Alabama’s full attention despite being FCS program

Well I am glad McNair and the assistant coaches aired it out there. Sometimes the only way to get this in order is to air your dirty laundry (it needs cleaning also). This takes the pressure off the coaching staff and puts it on Horne. Horne has to explain why they have not hired the proper personnel since last year. This will eventually trickle on up the Nave is she does not get control of it like last week.
Wow, with the recent success that Alcorn has had in fb, I just didn't know things were this deep. Yet from working in higher ed for a good minute, I've seen how politics and personal grudges can get in the mix and mess everything up. Sometimes it legit, then sometimes it can be over the pettiest thing. It's such a shame cause in the end, no one wins. I hope all the stakeholders can work it out. Again, I've admired how Coach McNair took the baton and helped his school keep a lead in this conference (competition wise in fb). I know rivalry had some of us give Alcorn peeps a lot of beef for sitting the spring out, yet this confirms that there were deeper issues. Each of our institutions definitely have it's own problems at times.

Last edited:
Follow the money! Something is going and you can tell especially by the "lack of actions" from the President. I'm wondering if it's one of those "I got dirt on you so you best shut your mouth type situations!"
It’s all jacked up. Them poor student athletes

Well Alcorn did receive 40 million and could do whatever they wanted to do with it.... I guess giving a little to the football program was not on the list.

But I do have a question? Alcorn enrollment is about 4000 students prob less, I don't really get how you are the FACE of the SWAC in football in recent years (Celebration Bowl) yet NCAT and even Grambling saw enrollment increases whereas Alcorn has not seen a huge boast in that area

I said several months ago that Horne needs to go. Especially seeing the financials are not where they should be considering all the money the football team has bought into the program the last 3 years. And I was wondering if the new hire as President, would be able to handle athletics.

Alcorn
Well Alcorn did receive 40 million and could do whatever they wanted to do with it.... I guess giving a little to the football program was not on the list.

But I do have a question? Alcorn enrollment is about 4000 students prob less, I don't really get how you are the FACE of the SWAC in football in recent years (Celebration Bowl) yet NCAT and even Grambling saw enrollment increases whereas Alcorn has not seen a huge boast in that area
Alcorn has historically limited it's enrollment on purpose. At one point MVSU was larger than Alcorn, however, when I attended, Alcorn still had many many students from the Delta area.

Not having enough housing hurts enrollment because most of the students will have to live on campus. Dr. Ross realized this and worked to fix it but he left for greener pastures (CMU). He had already began working on phase two of housing. Ross was a business man so he understood the numbers.

Horne made a statement -

ASU's prez never dealt with athletics on a large scale at Prairie View - they had all she needed there - this is new.

Alcorn isn’t a destination area - not close to a major city with a large population base - simple as that

A&T is located in a city in a heavily populated state - Grambling is located right on the highway and 3 hours from Dallas

Not having full-time trainers is a safety issue for the student-athletes. Them kids in all sports at Alcorn should just boycott and demand the AD's firing. Protest at the administration building.

applications and want to being an Alcornite isn't the problem. Alcorn has a 38% acceptance rate, we limit on purpose.

Removal of the Alcorn State Athletics Director Derek Horne​

View attachment 13278

Aos GIF

Back