Alcorn St vs Howard Game Updates:

purplerush

ALCORN/HOWARD.....................

To all that are interested,the Alcorn /Howard game is being televised live on Time Warner(the market place channel)Cable channel#31 here in Memphis.Game time is 3pm central/4pm eastern time.

For the Alcorn St Broadcast click here

For the Howard broadcast click here

Game Time: 3:00p

Note to posters: Its OK to show support for your team, but please leave out the smack!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Alcorn vs Howard on DirecTV 626

I flipped some channels and see that it's on now. Empire Sports Network.

Re: Alcorn vs Howard on DirecTV 626

:wavey: Man I don't have DirectTV 626. Can someone send me a copy of the game if they record it? I will pay for postage and the Blank VHS Tape. I want to see Alcorn St. Wip Up on Howard. I don't have Direct TV and I want to add that game to my tape collection. Can someone please help me out?

Willie Hines
1117 North 33rd Street
Richmond, VA 23223
804-236-0068

Howard 6
Alcorn 0

Donald Carrie needs to stop overthrowing receivers. Freshman WRs needs to stop dropping wide open passes.

Somehow I am getting the game in Kansas City which is cool. What I want to know is why are the bands during their halftime routines in the stands. Anyone have a clue.

Overall though, I happy to be getting this on TV.

KCPVPanther

Did i just see Howard's running back get tackled at the 24 but instead this female line judge mark the ball at the 26?

The first half was boring, neither team wanted to catch the ball. :angry: HALFTIME was the WORST thing ever in HBCU history. :angry: The bands played in the stands, they were not allowed on the field!!! :angry: This classic is DOA. :angry: People were really pissed off about halftime!! :angry:

I cant wait to see the attendance, maybe 3,000 - 5,000 people.

I can't believe that myself. 36 yards for the 1st half of total offense. Whoever is the Center for our team needs to be replaced and in a hurry. That man can't snap the ball to save his life. The score was going to be 14-6 Alcorn, instead fumbled on Howard's 3 and howard ran it all the way in for the touchdown. There is way too many inexperienced players out there for Alcorn, expecially on defense. There was also alot of cheating going on for Howard, but that is still not an excuse for our lose. We will look very funny losing to team with 0 passing yards. Howard will be in trouble if they play anybody that is good against the run.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I don't know if Alcorn was trying to hide their playbook for Bama State or if infact, the team isn't what we thought they would be. Anyway, it don't look good for the Braves next week on the reservation. I will be there drinking in a Tee-Pee. How many do yall have on campus. :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

I've had a chance to see both Alcorn and Alabama State and I think the "experts" were mistaken in picking the Braves ahead of the Hornets. The Hornets have a more complete team, definitely a better running game, a stronger defense (especially vs the run) and, believe it or not, I think their QB is better than Carrie. Alcorn has an advantage in the defensive secondary. Both teams look like they play good special teams to me although Alcorn's punter was kinda weak.

Don't be fooled by the lack of passing this week from the Bison. True, its not our stong suit but honestly, its not as weak as it looked today. The coaches made an obvious decision to grind it out on these guys to eliminate the TOs that have been killing us and it worked. We allowed the Braves to make all the mistakes and took advantage of them. That's exactly what the Hornets did to us. Still we rushed for 190 yards even with them stacking things up in the box and Moreno had a few good passes dropped on him, one caused a tip that led to his second INT. You can't blame a QB for that. Our recievers had been playing well until today. This was their first bad game. We have just enough passing game to get by and with two home games against Savannah St and Charleston Southern coming up we'll get a chance to work that out too.

And get off that "refs cheated for Howard" stuff. That's crazy. They called our corner for two of the most bogus pass interferance penalties I've seen in ages. On top of that they took a clear safety away from us just before that. They practically handed ASU their first scoring drive on a platter.

And please, don't ask what's wrong with Alcorn. They're fine. They just ran into a defense that's actually been playing well all season (check the stats; the early season scores we gave up were not their fault). Our O and special just teams just put them in horrible positions in the first two weeks. We just got our best DE back too. You might recognize him. He was stomping in your end zone and he absolutely CRUSHED your QB on an outside rush. ASU was trying to play to the biggest strength of our team, the defensive secondary. We played to their weakness, the run defense. Matchups, matchups, matchups. When there's defense there's hope. And this isn't just bandwangon talk. I called this before the game even started...

http://www.meacfans.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/get_topic/f/43/t/002560/p/1.html

Our kicker is the MVP!

Alabama State for SWAC Champs.

-ep

HORNETSWARM said:
I don't know if Alcorn was trying to hide their playbook for Bama State or if infact, the team isn't what we thought they would be. Anyway, it don't look good for the Braves next week on the reservation. I will be there drinking in a Tee-Pee. How many do yall have on campus. :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Alcorn just had a bad day offensively. Especially the Center with his very high or very low snaps. The defense was expected especially since alot of them are freshmen. The yards that yall gave up to Texas Southern didn't look all that great either now.

EPMD said:
I've had a chance to see both Alcorn and Alabama State and I think the "experts" were mistaken in picking the Braves ahead of the Hornets. The Hornets have a more complete team, definitely a better running game, a stronger defense (especially vs the run) and, believe it or not, I think their QB is better than Carrie. Alcorn has an advantage in the defensive secondary. Both teams look like they play good special teams to me although Alcorn's punter was kinda weak.

Don't be fooled by the lack of passing this week from the Bison. True, its not our stong suit but honestly, its not as weak as it looked today. The coaches made an obvious decision to grind it out on these guys to eliminate the TOs that have been killing us and it worked. We allowed the Braves to make all the mistakes and took advantage of them. That's exactly what the Hornets did to us. Still we rushed for 190 yards even with them stacking things up in the box and Moreno had a few good passes dropped on him, one caused a tip that led to his second INT. You can't blame a QB for that. Our recievers had been playing well until today. This was their first bad game. We have just enough passing game to get by and with two home games against Savannah St and Charleston Southern coming up we'll get a chance to work that out too.

And get off that "refs cheated for Howard" stuff. That's crazy. They called our corner for two of the most bogus pass interferance penalties I've seen in ages. On top of that they took a clear safety away from us just before that. They practically handed ASU their first scoring drive on a platter.

And please, don't ask what's wrong with Alcorn. They're fine. They just ran into a defense that's actually been playing well all season (check the stats; the early season scores we gave up were not their fault). Our O and special just teams just put them in horrible positions in the first two weeks. We just got our best DE back too. You might recognize him. He was stomping in your end zone and he absolutely CRUSHED your QB on an outside rush. ASU was trying to play to the biggest strength of our team, the defensive secondary. We played to their weakness, the run defense. Matchups, matchups, matchups. When there's defense there's hope. And this isn't just bandwangon talk. I called this before the game even started...

http://www.meacfans.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/ubb/get_topic/f/43/t/002560/p/1.html

Our kicker is the MVP!

Alabama State for SWAC Champs.

-ep

There was a reason alcorn was picked ahead of Alabama St., the same reason that Southern was picked ahead of Grambling. Will power & coaching. Alabama St. and Grambling looked good on paper but it is what you can do on the field. And you are naming Alabama St. the champs already, get real. There is too much football to be played especially with Grambling, Jackson St., Southern, Valley, and AAMU improving every week. It may be lopsided like that in the MEAC, but there is competition over here.

Lopsided in the MEAC?

Hey, I was just calling it like I see it. Alabama State looks like the best coached team in the SWAC to me. The only weakness I see on that team is their young secondary, which I admit could be a problem in the pass-happy SWAC. I haven't seen Southern though and I know they have a good coach but I really like the way ASU plays ball. Is that such a terrible thing? We can pick our favorite at any time in the season. Alabama State is mine. OK, I admit, all those super phat honies they brought up Detroit might have something to do with it on a subconscious level. But I don't THINK so. They just play good football. ASU has talent but they'll take a thumping when they face Alabama St.

But I don't know who told you the MEAC was lopsided. You must not be paying attention. It isn't the MEAC that's been dominated by one team for the last 4 years or the same two teams since God-knows-when. I believe that was the SWAC. If there's more competition there why can't someone else win a title? Grambling, Grambling, Grambling, Southern. Southern, Southern, Southern, Southern. And occasional Jackson State if you go back far enough. That's "competition", huh? That's how not to be lopsided? Oh, ok.

Alabama State for SWAC Champs!

-ep

tierre said:
Alcorn just had a bad day offensively. Especially the Center with his very high or very low snaps. The defense was expected especially since alot of them are freshmen. The yards that yall gave up to Texas Southern didn't look all that great either now.
Alcorn happened to just have a bad day offensively last week too. We put up 359 yards of offense while Alcorn managed to put up 256 yards (34 rushes for just 62 yards). The difference seemingly is that Howard was able to capitalize on their scoring opportunities with TDs whereas we managed to only score 1 TD and miss several other scoring opportunities.

I like your predictions EPMD! Keep up the good work and good luck on the rest of your season.

Hey, thanks, man. I appreciate your appreciation. I try to spread joy whenever I can. :hat:

-ep

Re: Lopsided in the MEAC?

This score really caught me by surprise.
:eek:

EPMD said:
We can pick our favorite at any time in the season. Alabama State is mine. OK, I admit, all those super phat honies they brought up Detroit might have something to do with it on a subconscious level.
LOL!!!
:lol:

Judging by these posts, it appears that Alcorn is hurting on defense. For Howard to rush for close to 200 yards, with Alcorn stacking the box says something to me.

The Braves can try to stack the box against the Hornets if they want too. Then, we will come with the other thing. :smash: :smash:

Back