Alcorn is rolling, JSU is struggling: how the rivalry got to this point

It is time for JSU to make a bold move by buying out Hughes contract (which is $100,000) and hire Chris Jones. I know there is no chance of this will happen but someone has to consider this option since he is Jackson State Graduate and a proven young successful coach. Since he is currently a high school coach he knows how to develop players and should do well recruiting because of his contacts with other Mississippi High School coaches.

It is no surprise that first-year head coach Chris Jones has taken the Starkville Yellowjackets to the MHSAA 6A semifinals this season.
Jones, in his eighth year of coaching, has been in the semifinals four times, and won the 3A state championship last season with Kemper County.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...advance-class-6-a-state-title-game/893743001/

http://www.cdispatch.com/sports/article.asp?aid=55685

http://www.djournal.com/sports/high...cle_ad31062e-a07c-5716-a8b2-8b37c5ff16be.html

It is time for JSU to make a bold move by buying out Hughes contract (which is $100,000) and hire Chris Jones. I know there is no chance of this will happen but someone has to consider this option since he is Jackson State Graduate and a proven young successful coach. Since he is currently a high school coach he knows how to develop players and should do well recruiting because of his contacts with other Mississippi High School coaches.

It is no surprise that first-year head coach Chris Jones has taken the Starkville Yellowjackets to the MHSAA 6A semifinals this season.
Jones, in his eighth year of coaching, has been in the semifinals four times, and won the 3A state championship last season with Kemper County.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...advance-class-6-a-state-title-game/893743001/

http://www.cdispatch.com/sports/article.asp?aid=55685

http://www.djournal.com/sports/high...cle_ad31062e-a07c-5716-a8b2-8b37c5ff16be.html

Honestly, I like that Idea... or bring him on as OC. But now he has Starkville playing for the State Championship.

Hire him as the OC. Not the HC. I want Mack.

Also, I like J. Mack but he has one of those contract with NCCU that he has to buyout (or JSU will have to buyout it which we can not afford at this time) in order to leave before the contract expires. We missed our opportunity when we hired H. Jackson (at $260,000) instead of him (NCCU hired Mack originally at 195,000) during that time. However, we can try again when his contract expires at NCCU.

Should you be more concerned about southern's disappointing #38 academic ranking than what's going on at some other school? Sheesh.
If Meyers was sooo bad for ten years, how did JSU maintain itself academically during her tenure?
Give the woman credit where she deserves. It wouldn't hurt you to do that will it.

If ya'll love her so much, I hope JSU hires someone just like her again. I bet one thing, Da Queen won't be an university president/leader anytime soon. Her best bet is as an academic professor. Black folks need to understand who has the knowledge to get the job done instead of hiring individuals based on some feel good sensation. From what I gather, Norfolk Sate people had no hard feelings of letting her go and she's from the Tidewater Area of Newport News, VA. IMO, she was way over her head trying to lead an university..

If ya'll love her so much, I hope JSU hires someone just like her again. I bet one thing, Da Queen won't be an university president/leader anytime soon. Her best bet is as an academic professor. Black folks need to understand who has the knowledge to get the job done instead of hiring individuals based on some feel good sensation. From what I gather, Norfolk Sate people had no hard feelings of letting her go and she's from the Tidewater Area of Newport News, VA. IMO, she was way over her head trying to lead an university..
Stay focused. Let's not try and distract from that buttwhupping Grambling just gave yall. LOL!!

No you're not. If southern's football team was half as focused as you are on JSU's ex-President, perhaps they would've won the BC. Hahahahaha!!!

Or if they loved winning as much as you love Da Queen's dizzy azz. LMAO!!!

If JSU folks wouldn't have blocked former governor Haley Barbours plans to consolidate Valley and Alcorn, your school would be Jackson State University at Lorman.

Actually you numb skulls almost fell for the okie doke them white boys was running that game on you. was going to end all our schools. facts is, the name wasn't gonna be Jackson state

Actually you numb skulls almost fell for the okie doke them white boys was running that game on you. was going to end all our schools. facts is, the name wasn't gonna be Jackson state
How did we fall for the okie doke when we blocked the okie doke? You needs to just say thank you for us sticking with yall and not falling for the okie doke.
As far as the name, that's secondary. It would've still been headquartered in Jackson and Lorman would've been a branch.

The Queen is retired.

How did we fall for the okie doke when we blocked the okie doke? You needs to just say thank you for us sticking with yall and not falling for the okie doke.
As far as the name, that's secondary. It would've still been headquartered in Jackson and Lorman would've been a branch.

You all were onboard with it until you all found out that they had slipped you a Mickey... that you would no longer be Jackson State. That's when you all blocked it. Y'all was about to be played for the numb skulls you are.
the older true Jacksonians that actually respect History are the only ones I respect. You new breeds are plum foolish and lack wisdom. This is why the football program and school is in the shape it's in now. Y'all need to remember who y'all are

You all were onboard with it until you all found out that they had slipped you a Mickey... that you would no longer be Jackson State. That's when you all blocked it. Y'all was about to be played for the numb skulls you are.
the older true Jacksonians that actually respect History are the only ones I respect. You new breeds are plum foolish and lack wisdom. This is why the football program and school is in the shape it's in now. Y'all need to remember who y'all are
Who blocked it? Was it yall? Was it Valley? Who stood up with the power to block them?

Actually, it was the Old Head Football players who wanted to get rid of Comegy. But Im over here losing sleep over who you do or dont respect.

Dude, quit lying. There's no evidence to support your theory that JSU folks wanted Alcorn and Valley consolidated with JSU.
Fact of the matter is that JSU folks literally fought for and saved both Alcorn and Valley.
Folks like you should be forever grateful. That is all.
And as far as old and young breeds, both groups fought for Valley and Alcorn to remain who they are.

Dude, quit lying. There's no evidence to support your theory that JSU folks wanted Alcorn and Valley consolidated with JSU.
Fact of the matter is that JSU folks literally fought for and saved both Alcorn and Valley.
Folks like you should be forever grateful. That is all.
And as far as old and young breeds, both groups fought for Valley and Alcorn to remain who they are.

I told no lies. You all almost got duped by them white folks and Mason. Most of the people on this board was for closing Alcorn and Valley (and unknowingly Jackson State.) It was the older Jacksonians who saw through those white folks trick. The fact is that there would have been no Alcorn, Jackson State, or Valley if left up to you younger JSU folks. I had to leave this board for a time because of how disgusted I was with you alls mindset. I couldn't believe yall were that naive to think that you guys would be exempt. Yall need to get your minds right, respect your Mississippi history and yall will find your way back to being a prominent Jackson State.

I thank the Alcornites, and the older wiser Jacksonians for saving MS HBCUs.

I told no lies. You all almost got duped by them white folks and Mason. Most of the people on this board was for closing Alcorn and Valley (and unknowingly Jackson State.) It was the older Jacksonians who saw through those white folks trick. The fact is that there would have been no Alcorn, Jackson State, or Valley if left up to you younger JSU folks. I had to leave this board for a time because of how disgusted I was with you alls mindset. I couldn't believe yall were that naive to think that you guys would be exempt. Yall need to get your minds right, respect your Mississippi history and yall will find your way back to being a prominent Jackson State.

I thank the Alcornites, and the older wiser Jacksonians for saving MS HBCUs.

They sure were. Especially non-sports guy, GR and a few others who don't post anymore. And for what? Sports. I don't hate JSU as a whole but the clowns who supported it can go play in traffic for all I care.

The only reason why JSU jumped on our side and fought the merger was because they found out that Mason was secretly putting together a proposal to merge all 3 schools into Jacobs State (never mind the fact that with Alcorn being a land grant it would have been hard anyway). They found out again this year what the IHL really thinks of them when they ended up with Bynum

I have no idea what the hell ya'll talking about. As for Bynum, if I had to be totally honest, Bynum was probably the best choice among the candidates if the IHL was really looking out for JSU. The person that JSU alums wanted was an alum who was probably going to turn the job down (personal reasons) if offered. What the IHL did was show us what they thought of Valley.... LOL

..and Valley still needs to join the SIAC, even if just in football. Now is the right time especially since there is no SCG.

Back