Alabama State U audit findings released. Uh oh...

These fools interrupted regular scheduled programming to report this. :smh:

My agency has seminars on accounting forensics..that sh!t is no joke. Accountant forensics have software to scan for improper accounting practices. They will find what they want to find.
Great post.
:tup:

UPDATE 10/15/2013

Audit report outlines possible fraud, waste, abuse at Alabama State
Gov. Robert Bentley’s office released a forensic audit report Monday outlining possible fraud, waste and abuse at Alabama State University, which the governor said raises serious questions about the university’s governance.

The audit, which Bentley said he plans to turn over to state and federal authorities for possible criminal prosecution, and other documents point to concerns about family and friends of board members Elton Dean and Marvin Wiggins, and former board member Dr. Lawrence Lemak, receiving work or money through contracts with the school.

Auditors from Forensic Strategic Solutions (FSS), the firm that conducted the forensic investigation, also list numerous instances of questionable accounting practices and detail several impediments they contend ASU officials put in place to stall the investigation. The report indicated there was a total of at least $2.5 million in contracts where there was a conflict of interest or no services delivered for funds received.

“Despite the numerous impediments to the investigation ... (Forensic Strategic Solutions) has concluded that based on the documents and information reviewed to date, there is sufficient predication to believe that a jury or a trier of fact could conclude that multiple acts of fraud, waste and/or abuse are occurring and/or have occurred at ASU,” according to the preliminary update from FSS released by Bentley’s office.

Alabama State students react to release of audit report
Sharod Campbell, president of Alabama State University’s Student Government Association, said ASU students just want to know what is happening.

But other students at the university believe they have known what’s been happening all along, and the report of the audit released Monday just confirms it.

Campbell said he was flooded with student calls and emails all day Monday with questions about the audit and the possible suspension of the presidential search

I told yall that MightyHornet be lying and twisting words

Silver wasn't fired. and 2Kool, none

Silver resigned.

Now we all remember the incident when Silver and Knight were emailing each other talking about how one fired the other via email. Now MightyHornet comes in here with a play on words saying Silver resigned and was not fired. Hell if you pay me 1 million bucks for a few weeks of work you can say I quit or resigned or whatever.

I told yall back then that Silver walked in, saw the mess that was going on, wanted to clean it up, and they ran him out of town because he was about cut their money off. The same thing happened to Stacey Danley. When he tried to clean up the athletics departments treachery, they fired him too.

Something is really fishy in Montgomery. Just follow the money and you will find the fish smell. We need to get to the bottom of this and we also need to stop MightyHornet from lying and telling half the truth.

I hate that there are people making excuses for this administration and are blaming the report on racism...

That's always our fall back plan.

Too bad it's been overused to the point of REAL racism being ignored.

Remember the story about the kid who kept crying wolf?

I do believe racism was a factor because ASU is a HBCU, but the Blacks in-charge allowed it to happen. They knew non-Black individuals were using ASU as a means to make money, which is something they probably could not have done at a PWC.

I do believe racism was a factor because ASU is a HBCU, but the Blacks in-charge allowed it to happen. They knew non-Black individuals were using ASU as a means to make money, which is something they probably could not have done at a PWC.

Unless I am missing something the majority of the thieves were black. No racism, just poor management and no fiscal responsibility. When Gibson stole at A&M, we didn't bitch and moan when it was called it, we just fired his ass and moved on.

Unless I am missing something the majority of the thieves were black. No racism, just poor management and no fiscal responsibility. When Gibson stole at A&M, we didn't bitch and moan when it was called it, we just fired his ass and moved on.

I was thinking the same thing. The boardmembers I saw named were black.

I can tell you young cats mean well, but you lack the understanding of what JAG89 was talking about. Yes they were brothers and sisters, but they are state schools. Someone is always watching the books. The problem is who is watching the gate keeper? :idea: Have you always noticed not one state attorney general has ever prosecuted anyone at our schools? Ask yourself why and be honest why they haven't? It's called a paper trial. You have to understand business. The two sides in this use each other and don't step in the others mess unless it is gonna bring the FBI with the audits.........

No where in the report does it mention anyone allege stole or embezzled anything. No criminal offenses are identified. Conflict of interest, nepotism, and patronage which we already knew about are identified. Carry on.

There is a white BOT member tied to it. One day yall will see it for what it is. Southern white republicans use who use black uppity ninjas to get paid.
JC, how did it go for so long though. This obviously was not a secret.

Pop, Alabama State has a total independent Board of Trustees. The governor is an ex-officio member but has only one vote on the nine member board. This group succeeded another group headed by Joe Reed. Since 1976, the university has been dominated by powerful political connected individuals who micro-managed the institution. We haven't had a strong president since H.Council Trenholm. The alums and community led the effort to move Reed and his cronies from their position to move the university forward (see campus capital improvement). However, their replacements continued the same practices. Hopefully, we get some honest and capable leaders out this debacle.

Pop, Alabama State has a total independent Board of Trustees. The governor is an ex-officio member but has only one vote on the nine member board. This group succeeded another group headed by Joe Reed. Since 1976, the university has been dominated by powerful political connected individuals who micro-managed the institution. We haven't had a strong president since H.Council Trenholm. The alums and community led the effort to move Reed and his cronies from their position to move the university forward (see campus capital improvement). However, their replacements continued the same practices. Hopefully, we get some honest and capable leaders out this debacle.

Okay, that was the full story behind Joe Reed. I only knew the smackboard version.

There is a white BOT member tied to it. One day yall will see it for what it is. Southern white republicans use who use black uppity ninjas to get paid.

I am talking about the average run of the mill black folks who think NO ONE black is to blame.

I can tell you young cats mean well, but you lack the understanding of what JAG89 was talking about. Yes they were brothers and sisters, but they are state schools. Someone is always watching the books. The problem is who is watching the gate keeper? :idea: Have you always noticed not one state attorney general has ever prosecuted anyone at our schools? Ask yourself why and be honest why they haven't? It's called a paper trial. You have to understand business. The two sides in this use each other and don't step in the others mess unless it is gonna bring the FBI with the audits.........

yep.

and yep.

this is something that's going on at most, if not all, of our schools.

If the doors of JSU are still open, all HBCU's doors should stay open. JSU is not immune from mismanagement, crime either.

Dude...why wont you believe me. As long as those students werent going to white schools, they dont give a damn
just keep them over there. They know whats going on at ASU. If you know, trust me they know.

There is no other place in America you can fire a President and THEN pay him his salary without antennas going up and a real investigation starting. Thats the crookedest shit in the world. That Knight dude is a crook

Back