ALABAMA STATE NEWS: HORNETS WANT TO PLAY SOUTHERN IN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
SU's Finest '93 said:
MH, why do you care sooo much, about what the JAGS think? Why do you care whether or not WE CARE about YOUR game? Why do you care if we're lying about not caring about YOUR game?

If we're so-called not good enough, as you stated, why do you GAF? Basically you're wasting valued energy and posts on us, right? You have been posting on this thread back and forth, saying the same thing...what exactly is your point? I thought this thread was titled, "Hornets want to play SOUTHERN in Championship Game". Are you saying that's not true?

I'm just asking, cuz I wanna know.
I guess you conveniently missed ALL the posts from SEVERAL of your SU folks about Coe being sced of SU, about ASU purposely throwing the game against PB, and all that other foolish stuff. Maybe you missed those posts.

mighty hornet said:
I guess you conveniently missed ALL the posts from SEVERAL of your SU folks about Coe being sced of SU, about ASU purposely throwing the game against PB, and all that other foolish stuff. Maybe you missed those posts.
oh ok, so are you saying, you're just STILL responding to those posts? Is that your answer to ALL my questions?

mighty hornet said:

Maybe she did miss it, maybe she didn't. But why are you still here crying about it? :bawling:

SU's Finest '93 said:
oh ok, so are you saying, you're just STILL responding to those posts? Is that your answer to ALL my questions?
He won't answer you directly. You DO know that dont you? :lol:

LaCumba said:
MH are you saying that ASU has never backed-doored into the SCG?
if we did, I damn sure wouldn't be pretending like I didn't care or have concern about the game that determines who goes.

It's sad that yall actually think anybody believes that yall don't care what happens in Montgomery.

Sorry, yall can't piss on my head and try to tell me that it's rain.

your chances for winning a championship drops by 99.9 percent.
:smh:
After the BC, do you actually believe that?

c'mon Dec. 11 (but since yall don't care though, it's MIGHTY convenient of you to sit there and talk big

(almost as big as you were talking to Gram, around this time....last week

:snicker:

LaCumba said:
He won't answer you directly. You DO know that dont you? :lol:
I mean, I seriously wanna know, cuz us SU folks have really run his ass hot...he won't shut up about it. Saying the same thing over and over again...LOL

oh, btw MH, maybe some of the SU folks don't GAF about YOUR game..ever thought about that? They just may NOT be pretending...how do you know?

Naw Finest,
not hot at all, feeling good. Remember, our ticket is punched. Your's not. So, save the crying for when yall call the SWAC office. It's really not necessary now.

oh btw, when you say that SU folks just may not "GAF" about that game, you're also saying that SU folks just don't "GAF" about going to the SCG.

Forgive me for not buying it, ok?

:D

You hadn't seen me crying anywhere and I don't even know the # to the SWAC office, so you've got me sadly mistaken...I asked you simple questions, that you STILL have not answered, but it's all good.

I accepted the fact, that our ticket was NOT punched when we lost to gSU on Saturday...no need to cry about it.

SMH

SU's Finest '93 said:
I accepted the fact, that our ticket was NOT punched when we lost to gSU on Saturday...no need to cry about it.

SMH
oh ok

but don't fret though, ASU gon send SU to Bham and then..............

(all I can say is that it couldn't have worked out any better!!!!!)

mighty hornet said:
if we did, I damn sure wouldn't be pretending like I didn't care or have concern about the game that determines who goes.

It's sad that yall actually think anybody believes that yall don't care what happens in Montgomery.

No, it's sad that you actually thought the Jags were gonna jump on your little bandwagon. Remember your little posts last week about "Watch All The Jags become ASU fans if grumbling wins". Not turning out like you'd hope huh. :lol:

Sorry, yall can't piss on my head and try to tell me that it's rain.

After the BC, do you actually believe that?

c'mon Dec. 11 (but since yall don't care though, it's MIGHTY convenient of you to sit there and talk big

(almost as big as you were talking to Gram, around this time....last week

That's the difference between a Jag and a Hornet. We talk sh*t win or lose because we can and we have the hardware to back it up. However, yall talk sh*t out of fear and have to ride the coattails of others to do so. Stop crying like a lil .... :alicia:
:lmao:

LaCumba said:
We talk sh*t win or lose :
naw, actually when yall lose, yall conveniently "don't care or aint "concerned" and don't "GAF"

smh@how tunes have changed from this time last week

but hey if yall aint "concerned" now, yall shole won't be on Dec. 11

:lol::lol:

carry on not being concerned.....

mighty hornet said:
naw, actually when yall lose, yall conveniently "don't care or aint "concerned" and don't "GAF"

smh@how tunes have changed from this time last week

but hey if yall aint "concerned" now, yall shole won't be on Dec. 11

:lol::lol:

carry on not being concerned.....

Let the Nest say AMEN!!!!! :lmao: :lmao:
We ain't falling for that isht!!! Y'all arrogant arses how's that humble pie :wavey:

MH, find out what is Coe's drank. While UAPB and ASU are out there giving the game to UAPB, me, you, Coe, your and your starters will be at the nearest bar get PHUUGGGG UP off of Coe's favorite sip.

I hope Coe defense doesn't practice on the 4-3 cover 2 fall out. That's when you have 4 defensive lineman, 3 linebackers, and the DBacks in cover 2. They all will fall down to the ground when UAPB QB's says "hut-hut" and run backwards to the touchdown.

PSU (PHUGGG SU)

Da_Sperm said:
MH, find out what is Coe's drank. While UAPB and ASU are out there giving the game to UAPB, me, you, Coe, your and your starters will be at the nearest bar get PHUUGGGG UP off of Coe's favorite sip.

I hope Coe defense doesn't practice on the 4-3 cover 2 fall out. That's when you have 4 defensive lineman, 3 linebackers, and the DBacks in cover 2. They all will fall down to the ground when UAPB QB's says "hut-hut" and run backwards to the touchdown.

PSU (PHUGGG SU)

Man, please let UAPB win this game so I don't have to load up for an offensive against these one-year wonders!

As soon as you hit the page, if you lose, PREPARE.

Oh yeah, MH, don't think history doesn't repeat itself. Last year, I got you in FF and SU preceeded to rip Bama State. Uhh, wanna tell me the score of our FF matchup this past week or are you "Not losing no mo'? :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Journalist said:
I also agree with Coe being in a damned if he do/damned if he don't situation...I was with you until you said it was all the fault of the SWAC and SU..let's not beat the proverbial dead horse, but er um...UAPB was involved in it also. Despite how large of a role UAPB played in this fiasco, they were in it and also shoulders part of the blame.. :argue2:

However, this situation clearly shows that there is a lack of control from the top level of administration down to the member institutions...You cannot expect respect as a league when the inmates are running the asylum, so to speak.

Since I am not on the smack board, I have to agree with you, though the level of responsibility on UAPB is minimal. Yet they bear some. My suspicion is that we did not think we would do as well as we have. Therefore we did not push issues. Make no mistake MORE of the fault is with SU. 5%; 45% and 50%. Switch those so that SWAC has 51% responsibility (take 1% form PB :D )
Your last paragraph!?!?! Post it again. I could not agree more. What they did this year was a shame and a disgrace. This is conference for You, not conference for you, let's flip etc.

Journalist said:
Sperm..please tell me you don't believe what you just posted.

C'mon this is the same Charlie Coe that allowed a call for a passing play on 3rd down against Southern instead of milking more time off the clock...

You honestly don't believe Coe, or any coach for that matter, thinks further than next weeks game..It's safe to say Charlie Coe wasn't saying 'if I tell Josh Moon this now" i can put pressure on SU and UAPB....Hell to the nawl.....

Now, I'm not questioning the intelligence of Coe, or any coach whose name is not James Bell...I'm just saying I doubt Coe didn't have that much foresight into the SWAC race before running his mouth off to Josh Moon 'an' nem.

Also, you know UAPB folk is nervous because of the conspiracy posts saying SU will backdoor its way into the SCG.

NO pressure. The requirements are clear now if we lose it is our fault.(Hey, SWAC has acknowledged, right?). Not to belittle my beloved but, when Spinks fought Ali in many respects he had no pressure; When the USA hockey team beat Russia (I think Russia); We had little pressure; When our girls soccer team won...no pressure. When you have surprised everyone by even getting there, there is no pressure. The Cindy player is not the pressured one.

Again just knowing the rules and what we have to do is all we ask for.

mighty hornet said:
Naw Finest,
not hot at all, feeling good. Remember, our ticket is punched. Your's not. So, save the crying for when yall call the SWAC office. It's really not necessary now.

oh btw, when you say that SU folks just may not "GAF" about that game, you're also saying that SU folks just don't "GAF" about going to the SCG.

Forgive me for not buying it, ok?

:D

You might wanna buy it from DTown ... that's one broad who, besides myself, really DOES NOT GAF what the turnout is from either one of these upcoming Saturdays ...

My girl rolls with the punches, playa.

kg0586 said:
Some of these posts arent making sense. Why start 3rd string players? So u can lose? This game isnt meaningless, it still affects ur overall record. So lets say if u lose to UAPB and then lose again to UAPB at SCG, Southern would be the #2 or 3 team in BCF, UAPB would be the #2 or 3 team in BCF, UAPB wins the SCG, Southern and UAPB would have better records than ASU and ASU comes away with nothing.

Now lets be real. Who would everyone want to see play ASU. Who would bring the much, much larger fan support, who beat ASU by 1 pt., who beat ASU last year in the SCG, who beat ASU 3 times in the last 2 years?

ASU its up to u to step ur game up, so we all can see a great rematch SCG on national tv courtesy of BET.

YOu typed one paragraph that made so much sense then came back with total nonsense. I did not look, RU SU? Let the rules determine who plays. "Then if TxSU wins the right to go to the SCG they should bow out and say let Gram or SU go. We can not send as many spectators; our game would not be as watched etc."

JR said:
Co-Sign. One of the most sensible posts I have seen about the situation.
I have said all along that the SWAC council of presidents and the Commish are at fault. They let all our schools do this isht and did nothing. I guess next year if a school says we aint playing but 6 SWAC games that will happen too. SMH.

OH, darn! I totally agree with a Jag!!!!!

mighty hornet said:
if anything, blame them for not standing up to Southern and making SU do the right (and common sense) thing to play PB.

as a result, we're in the position where SU people are crying about who another coach puts on the field against the same PB that they refused to play.

:smh::smh:

Terrible night!! Now I am agreeing with a Hornet.

mighty hornet said:
oh ok

but don't fret though, ASU gon send SU to Bham and then..............

(all I can say is that it couldn't have worked out any better!!!!!)

Four things stand in the way of that:

U

A

P

B

JR said:
But MH, this aint just about SU and UAPB. They didn't make JSU play TxSU after JSU knew damn well PV and TxSU play on labor day weekend. They also allowed Alcorn not to play UAPB then made ASU play PB just so PB would have 7 games. They opened the Pandora's box and allowed it to happen. I personally do blame SU for not playing PB but.........SU aint the council of Presidents and the SWAC commish. The commish should have said everybody is playing everybody in August when he got the first phone call about the JSU/TXSU scheduling mixup. Then SU wouldn't have had the nads or grounds to ask him isht about not playing PB. Then Alcorn wouldn't have balked at playing PB to go to DC. Yall kill me with it is all SU's fault. We asked for something albiet it was self-serving and they let us do it. That's like blaming your kid for asking to do something you know is wrong and let them do it, but then blame them in the end when things go bad after you gave the permission in the first place knowing damn well it was not the right thing to do.

I am done with it because it really doesn't bother one bit what happens in Montgomery this week. I believe in winning on the field and controlling your own destiny. We had our chance and we lost. No biggie. We got extra revenue for the extra home game and we (SU) should not have any complaints. This is what we asked for. This is what we have to deal with. I don't care if Coe suits up himself and asks Mighty Dog if he has any eligibilty left. That's his choice. Also every SU fan should stop calling the SWAC office. Since none of us called to protest the decisions made by the SWAC office earlier this season, aint no need for us to do it now. Now if we backdoor into the SCG, I will support my school like I always do. But to sit here and read anti-SU post after another is just sad. All our schools are at fault. Since that damn council of Presidents allowed it to happen. Why didn't any of the other schools presidents protest the vote? Why, because none of them give a damn. They are all in this together. Just my opinion.

jJR, LEWIS (and a couple others). Ihave to keep a list of Jags who have made sense to me and I can give some respect. What you have written is so "right on" BUT!! What I have higlighted is what is beyond comprehension and the answer to that thread about why they hate us so much. If I ask you is it ok to kill TP and you say yes, I am not the blame for his death. SU being spoiled is SU's fault.

SU's Finest '93 said:
I mean, I seriously wanna know, cuz us SU folks have really run his ass hot...he won't shut up about it. Saying the same thing over and over again...LOL

oh, btw MH, maybe some of the SU folks don't GAF about YOUR game..ever thought about that? They just may NOT be pretending...how do you know?

:D :D

I've been wondering the same thing...it's funny how the SU folks are calm about it and the pine bluff and ala state fans are defensive. They get mad if we act like we don't care...or they get mad if we make a big deal about it because they feel like we don't have the right...they mad cuz we ain't mad...they get mad if we say something 'out of line' about Coe...they get mad cause we ain't mad that GSU beat us...when we say that GSU deserved to win and we just didn't play our game, they mad about that. Mad if we do, mad if we don't...

They are blaming SU for er'thing that's wrong with the system now. What's that saying about rocks and glass houses?

Next thing you know they'll be blaming SU for getting Ty Willingham fired... :rolleyes:

They are spending WAY too much energy pointing fingers and placing blame. The ONE time SU loses in a situation when they should have won and everyone is 'acking' like they can finally 'come up'. "oooh, lawd...thanky Jesus...SU lost! ooo, lawd, I shole ain't know how much mo' I could take of dem high-falutin jags...ooo lawd maybe now somebody else can FINALLY win...ooo we's jess so happy...der is a God somewhere...we ain't knowed what we was go do...if it wun't fer SU we's have sumthin' now and we'd be somebody...

These folks are 'acking' the same way black folks ackeded after the OJ Simpson verdict.

This much hate can't be good. :shame:

The SWAC will NEVER, EVER, advance as a conference...and no one seems to care...especially those who are always mad and always complaining...but you know black folks...that's our M.O. :rolleyes:

Jag-Tig said:
...it's funny how the SU folks are calm about it and the pine bluff and ala state fans are defensive. :
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 teams left who are involved in this- ASU, PB, and SU
SU folks write their opinions on this matter and they're said to be meek and "calm"; ASU and PB folks write their opininos and they're said to be mad and "defensive"
Interesting.....

but hey, it's all good, REGARDLESS of what happens Saturday, ASU is headed to the championship (Please take that in the calm and nondefensive manner which it was intended :D )

and Jag79,
Stop bringing up old FF stuff, loser!! :mad::mad: (and yeah, I said that in a mad, defensive tone) LOL!!
Besides, it won't help SU (if/when we drag yall to Bham)
:lol:

mighty hornet,

Please don't fall for this mess the SU folk are spewing. Anybody that wants to win would care. Any team that has a chance based on the outcome of another game would care. "Backdoor" is a smack term, and it's funny. But the truth of the matter will be, if ASU beat's PB, then PB will have lost 2 damn SWAC games and SU will have lost only 1. You play a SEASON. And if you lose less games than another team, then your team DESERVES to go.

I can't believe y'all actually believe in this "backdoor" garbage.

One other thing. You Jags found Nita's post so sensible because she didn't say SU was at fault in the scheduling mess. The SWAC office didn't do it by itself. Y'all got much blame in this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back