ALABAMA STATE NEWS: HORNETS WANT TO PLAY SOUTHERN IN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
MH & Da Sperm

Maybe you two should read the entire post again.

I don't care what Coe does, I just said he will be damned one way or the other.

He will lose to UAPB and he better hope he wins the second game or else he'll be the real clown.

You can't tell me that ASU will not be :angry: if he loses to PB two weeks in a row! It's all about the ring, right!

well LJ,
Why beat around the bush with that mess about you don't care who wins in Montgomery??

You just posted that if ASU wins you'll be "cheering and watching (your) Jags", the only way you can do that, is with an ASU win.

so, it's no way you can not care about the ASU/PB game.

L, it's nothing wrong with saying that you are concerned about the ASU/PB game and want ASU to win (and I actually can respect the SU people who have said it, like Papa Jag and Seeing Spots), but all this trying to pretend like you don't care mess don't cut it.

We BOTH know that no sooner than ASU win, you'll be posting pics on the smack board as soon as the clock strikes 0:00 in Montgomery on Saturday.

JR said:
Co-Sign. One of the most sensible posts I have seen about the situation.
I have said all along that the SWAC council of presidents and the Commish are at fault. They let all our schools do this isht and did nothing. I guess next year if a school says we aint playing but 6 SWAC games that will happen too. SMH.

This was the ONLY sensible post about the entire situation, not just one of the most sensible...everyone else just wants to argue for the sake of doing so.

I totally concur w/Vinita and JR. :tup:

TimJag,
You can come up with all the names you want to for Coe, the bottom line is his team is the ONLY one with a sure ticket to the SCG. It's just sad that yall want to hold Coe responsible for getting SU a ticket too.

btw, since you come up with all the words to describe Coe (chicken, clown), why don't you do a few for Pete too, seeing how he punted on 4th down with you needing a win and seeing how a team of underclassmen worked yall the way they did and now have yall sitting, watching, waiting, hoping, praying, begging, and calling.

:smh::smh:

Let be real, who put Coe in this position? Would it matter to anyone if Coe sits his starters against UAPB if SU had won the BC? SU has given Coe a CHOICE, that's all SU fault for not winning the BC.

Nobody would post anything about Coe sitting players if SU had clinched the West. In fact, would SU want Coe to rest his starters if SU won the BC so that the SCG re-match would be all that. SU wouldn't want nothing but the best ASU players on the field for the SCG.

mighty hornet said:
well LJ,

L, it's nothing wrong with saying that you are concerned about the ASU/PB game and want ASU to win (and I actually can respect the SU people who have said it, like Papa Jag and Seeing Spots), but all this trying to pretend like you don't care mess don't cut it.

MH,

Listen closely.............I don't GAD if ASU wins or losses to PB. The backdoor tour schit does not sit well with me at all. Frankly, IMHO SU deserves to be watching the ASU/PB on 12/11 because we didn't take care of our business. Now, if it works out the other way, L yeah I will be cheering and watching the JAGS BUT it will be bitter sweet also. Feel me?

We BOTH know that no sooner than ASU win, you'll be posting pics on the smack board as soon as the clock strikes 0:00 in Montgomery on Saturday.

Actually I've been looking for a little sumthin sumthin to post. Any suggestions? :idea:

Da_Sperm said:
Let be real, who put Coe in this position? Would it matter to anyone if Coe sits his starters against UAPB if SU had won the BC? SU has given Coe a CHOICE, that's all SU fault for not winning the BC.

Nobody would post anything about Coe sitting players if SU had clinched the West. In fact, would SU want Coe to rest his starters if SU won the BC so that the SCG re-match would be all that. SU wouldn't want nothing but the best ASU players on the field for the SCG.
Sperm,
I've posed that question a few times. It still hasn't gotten answered.

ummm LJT (lol),
ok
and you might wanna wait til you aint got to wear that big G, before you start posting topics again. :smug2:

mighty hornet said:
well LJ,
Why beat around the bush with that mess about you don't care who wins in Montgomery??

You just posted that if ASU wins you'll be "cheering and watching (your) Jags", the only way you can do that, is with an ASU win.

so, it's no way you can not care about the ASU/PB game.

MH,
When I say I don't care what happens in Montgomery, I mean it isn't no more important to me than it was last week. I believe in winning on the field. That doesn't mean I can't support my team if they are playing in the SCG. But I will tell you now and those who know me will tell you that JR aint going to be happy like I was last year when we won even if we play ASU in the SCG and win. I will take it. But I will not be on here smacking like I was last year. Why? Because we did not seal the deal like we should have. Some fans will take it any way they can, I am not like that. I remember telling GSUPE and SOG last year that I am one Jag who don't live to just beat GSU nor am I content to lose to my rival and still win the SWAC like they did in 02 and 00. I want it all. I want to win against my rival and win the SWAC. When my team can't do both it don't sit right with me. It aint as sweet to me. So that's why I am not concerned with the UAPB/ASU game. I told you that before the BC even was played. No begging, whining or crying. I am disappointed just like the rest of the Jag Nation. However aint no need to be asking ASU to do SU's job. That game is up to UAPB and ASU to decide. If ASU wins, then I will worry about a game. I am already getting hyped for next season since we will be loaded and ready to roll. But hey, that's just how I am.

JR said:
MH,
When I say I don't care what happens in Montgomery, I mean it isn't no more important to me than it was last week. I believe in winning on the field. That doesn't mean I can't support my team if they are playing in the SCG. But I will tell you now and those who know me will tell you that JR aint going to be happy like I was last year when we won even if we play ASU in the SCG and win. I will take it. But I will not be on here smacking like I was last year. Why? Because we did not seal the deal like we should have. Some fans will take it any way they can, I am not like that. I remember telling GSUPE and SOG last year that I am one Jag who don't live to just beat GSU nor am I content to lose to my rival and still win the SWAC like they did in 02 and 00. I want it all. I want to win against my rival and win the SWAC. When my team can't do both it don't sit right with me. It aint as sweet to me. So that's why I am not concerned with the UAPB/ASU game. I told you that before the BC even was played. No begging, whining or crying. I am disappointed just like the rest of the Jag Nation. However aint no need to be asking ASU to do SU's job. That game is up to UAPB and ASU to decide. If ASU wins, then I will worry about a game. I am already getting hyped for next season since we will be loaded and ready to roll. But hey, that's just how I am.

JR,

Could not have said it better MYself. That's just how I am too. :tup:

alright JR

JR said:
MH,
When I say I don't care what happens in Montgomery, I mean it isn't no more important to me than it was last week.
You're defiinitely the SU exception and not the SU rule then.

LadyJag said:
JR,

Could not have said it better MYself. That's just how I am too. :tup:
ummmm not exactly.
You just said that if SU's backdoor tour is successful, you'll be digging up pictures for the smack board. JR has excused himself.

:smug2:

mighty hornet said:
ummmm not exactly.
You just said that if SU's backdoor tour is successful, you'll be digging up pictures for the smack board. JR has excused himself.

:smug2:

Show me where I said that. I don't need a successful backdoor tour to say SU kicked ASU's @zz the last 3 times we met. :swink:

:idea: Hmmmmmmmm let me find that lonely black and gold shaker you left the last time our schools met. ;) :rolly:

JR said:
MH,

X____________CO-SIGN

(They don't hear your JR because they can't relate)

mighty hornet said:
I've seen a lot of the SU people post similar comments. And frankly, I don't buy it for one second. Let's get real. For yall to post that it doesnt matter what happens in Montgomery is akin to yall saying that it doesnt matter to yall if SU wins the SWAC championship or not. Because the game in Montgomery (the one that yall profess to not care about) determines if yall even plays in the championship. So, how can yall rightly say that yall don't care what happens in Montgomery. Sorry, but I aint falling for that one. I doubt if anybody else is falling for it either.

well what's your take on the posts from your SU folks villifying Coe, when all he is doing is trying to reduce the risk of (further) injuries to his team, in pursuit of a championship next week. Surely, you understand and can appreciate what Coe is doing.
And if your other SU folks take off the powder blue blinders, they could understand and appreciate it too. Sorry, but when the clock hit 0:00 at the BC, SU just have to let the chips fall where they may.

btw, I challenge ANYBODY from SU to say that if SU had won the BC, they would be going through all these changes (calling the SWAC, the NCAA etc) about who ASU puts on the field against PB.

MH,

I'll probably come back on here Saturday and check the score...I really don't care about the outcome, even if y'all winning helps my beloved SU. Scoreboard watching does not register high on my priority list for the weekend. The sentiment of some of us Jaguars is "Guck the Fame with Bama State and UAPB. We dropped the ball and that's it."

On a side note, is there any real movement going to eliminate the council of presidents and have the ADs have the stroke...and more importantly..a commissioner who isn't a figurehead... This isht shouldn't have never happened...They're the ones to really blame for allowing this chicanery to happen in the first place, so they are the ones who should have their collective arses put to the fire.

Let's face it...Dr. Jackson, Dr. Bristow, Dr. Judson and my personal favorite Dr. Slade with her fine self :nod: really should be more concerned about the academic side of their institutions than tryin' to resolve scheduling conflicts with their puppet commissioner..

:topic: To whoever talked about the coach got Vick hurt in the preseason a couple years back... Mike Vick got Mike Vick hurt, not Zocor spokesperson Dan Reeves.

well since the outcome of the ASU/PB game doesnt matter to SU folks, why not just cancel the game for Saturday and ASU meets PB in Bham on the 11th.

:snicker:

btw, I guess the SU folks who are doing the crying and calling the SWAC office didn't get the memo about pretending to not care.
:snicker again:

sorry SU folks, but I'm not falling for the okey doke.
:smh:

mighty hornet said:
TimJag,
You can come up with all the names you want to for Coe, the bottom line is his team is the ONLY one with a sure ticket to the SCG. It's just sad that yall want to hold Coe responsible for getting SU a ticket too.

btw, since you come up with all the words to describe Coe (chicken, clown), why don't you do a few for Pete too, seeing how he punted on 4th down with you needing a win and seeing how a team of underclassmen worked yall the way they did and now have yall sitting, watching, waiting, hoping, praying, begging, and calling.

:smh::smh:
Preach....

mighty hornet said:
well since the outcome of the ASU/PB game doesnt matter to SU folks, why not just cancel the game for Saturday and ASU meets PB in Bham on the 11th.

btw, I guess the SU folks who are doing the crying and calling the SWAC office didn't get the memo about pretending to not care.

MH,
I think there are more pissed off Jags than you realize. Believe me when I tell you there are alot of them really aint thinking about this game. Reports I am getting from BR is that folks are quiet. Don't let this board fool you. I know Jag Fans and this don't sit well with them. Even a ASU win over PB is not going to help. I thought you would understand SU arrogance about now. Most Jags want it all. Undefeated in the SWAC, BC win, SCG win, and BCF Champion. That's why it is always tough on the bluff for any SU coach. Aint no backdooring into the SCG going to help. It may ease it for some. But most of us aint happy right now. Like I said I am getting ready for the JC Lewis era with all them WRs returning. Also the return of JarmauL George and others.

GSUperTiger said:
Preach....

Uh gSUpe, sorry I dropped off the call with you and Dnice last night, but my phone died as you were about to say how much trouble GSU is in next year. LOL.

JR said:
MH,
I think there are more pissed off Jags than you realize. Believe me when I tell you there are alot of them really aint thinking about this game. Reports I am getting from BR is that folks are quiet. Don't let this board fool you. I know Jag Fans and this don't sit well with them. Even a ASU win over PB is not going to help. I thought you would understand SU arrogance about now. Most Jags want it all. Undefeated in the SWAC, BC win, SCG win, and BCF Champion. That's why it is always tough on the bluff for any SU coach. Aint no backdooring into the SCG going to help. It may ease it for some. But most of us aint happy right now. Like I said I am getting ready for the JC Lewis era with all them WRs returning. Also the return of JarmauL George and others.

Co-sign... also JR, remember the last time we had someone from California starring for us...he was just our all-time leading rusher...I can't wait to see what NoCal's finest is gon' do next season.

mighty hornet said:

Sounds like you the only one on here crying about anything dude. If you are waiting for the majority of Jags to kiss-up to ASU and become Hornet fans this weekend, It's not gonna happen kid. We know you dont wanna face the defending Champs again, no matter how much you pretend you do. If you do, your little Championships dreams will all come to an end. :lol:

LaCumba said:
Sounds like you the only one on here crying about anything dude.
ASU is all set and we don't need help either. We aint crying and calling. That's your folks.

If you are waiting for the majority of Jags to kiss-up to ASU and become Hornet fans this weekend, It's not gonna happen kid.
Nope, maybe I was waiting for "the majority of Jags" to stop lying about not caring about the outcome of that game in Montgomery.

We know you dont wanna face the defending Champs again,
I have NEVER wavered from saying who I want to whoop in Bham.
It's just too bad yall aint good enough to get there on your own and now have to resort to crying, calling, and pretending like yall don't care.

MH, why do you care sooo much, about what the JAGS think? Why do you care whether or not WE CARE about YOUR game? Why do you care if we're lying about not caring about YOUR game?

If we're so-called not good enough, as you stated, why do you GAF? Basically you're wasting valued energy and posts on us, right? You have been posting on this thread back and forth, saying the same thing...what exactly is your point? I thought this thread was titled, "Hornets want to play SOUTHERN in Championship Game". Are you saying that's not true?

I'm just asking, cuz I wanna know.

mighty hornet said:
I have NEVER wavered from saying who I want to whoop in Bham.
It's just too bad yall aint good enough to get there on your own and now have to resort to crying, calling, and pretending like yall don't care.

MH are you saying that ASU has never backed-doored into the SCG?
You the only one here pretending like you wanna play SU, knowing that if you do, your chances for winning a championship drops by 99.9 percent. :lol:

Please stop your crying about Jags pretending like the game doesn't matter, just because you want to hear them suck-up to ASU. I told you, It ain't gonna happen kid. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back