Alabama State / Arkansas-Pine Bluff Football Game Rescheduled

SUjagTILLiDIE said:
Thank you DaSperm for the life of me I don't understand why everyone always blames SU for everything. Truly SAD. Untill we come together as a conference and as a people we will not have sucess. Why are we always trying to bring down one school because they have achieved more or have a large fan base. It can be only one thing JEALOUSY.
Man que the violens please. :headphone:

BNGguy said:
You definitely cannot blame and point fiingers at Southern for this debacle. The SWAC office does not have anything to gain and certainly is not catering to SU by coming up with this frivilous date to play a football game. And for those cynics who feel like ASU should not play APB before those so-called BIG GAMES are making a pitiful excuse. There are many D-1 and D-1AA schools and so forth that go through scheduling conflicts but they're able to get through it. Look at Troy for example. They started their season on a traditional Saturday, but had to play again that following Thursday against Missouri and they wound up winning. I still say that Nov. 20 would have been the better date. After reading a quote from Coach Coe in the local paper today, I don't think that he's too happy about being in that situation. The ASU AD said that he and APB's AD didn't have a problem with that date and thought that it was feasible for both schools....GIVE ME A BREAK!!! Speak for yourself PC. If these guys had any kind of sack, they would have told the officials in the conference to turn that date around. PBLA said it best...Our people, go figure.

BNGguy:

What is your point? Look at the $$$ Troy got for playing Missou on a Thursday. Look at the $$$ that Houston is getting for playing Miami tonite. If ASU were racking in that type of $$$$ I'm sure they would play a game on the Saturday before Turkey Day. But Pine Bluff is not going to bring anyone to Montgomery and it damn sure isn't going to be on ESPN. I think ASU has a right not to want to play on the Saturday before a big game (Magic City) and on Saturday before Turkey Day.

If the SWAC office is not catering to Southern, why didn't they make Southern play UAPB. This is a divisional game, for crying out loud. If that is not preferential treatment, I don't know what is. :cry: :cry:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Vinita said:
If SU had bothered to reschedule UAPB, then we'd play them.

If the SWAC office had made SU play UAPB, we'd be playing them.

If Ivan hadn't come through Alabama, we'd have already played Bama State.

If Bama State chose to pull out of the game in December, we couldn't do much about it, and the SWAC office REALLY couldn't do isht about it.

If if was a fifth, I'd be drunker than a BATCH right now.

If my aunt had a d***, she'd be my uncle.

WTFever.

Play the game or not, but put this issue to REST.
Ok then..........angrylover!:emlaugh:

Yall are so funny. First, it seems obvious that the Magic City Classic is more important to ASU than the SWAC CHampionship game LOL. But one line of thinking is the MCC might decide who goes to the SWAC Championship game, so they better handle that first. (The west have won all the SWC games anyway).
And yall keep whining about Southern, ask Quincy Carter do the average get the same treatment as top. Get real, even the SWAC ain't that stupid (and they are stupid) Just for the record, I do think the Southern/Pine Bluff game should have been played.

Lewis said:
Yall are so funny. First, it seems obvious that the Magic City Classic is more important to ASU than the SWAC CHampionship game LOL. But one line of thinking is the MCC might decide who goes to the SWAC Championship game, so they better handle that first. (The west have won all the SWC games anyway).
And yall keep whining about Southern, ask Quincy Carter do the average get the same treatment as top. Get real, even the SWAC ain't that stupid (and they are stupid) Just for the record, I do think the Southern/Pine Bluff game should have been played.

You're absolutely correct. I think that the SU/UAPB game should have been played. The powers that exist in the SWAC office really doesn't make the wisest of decisions. I know that a lot of bama state people and others may try to ridicule me for this but let's separate fact from fiction. SU is one of the oldest schools to be a part of the SWAC and bama state has been a member of the SWAC only since the late 70's or early 80's. UAPB only has infancy status in the conference. My point is this...realistically SU is going to get some preferential treatment to some degree because of their longevity. Anybody who follows sports and observes closely on what goes on in other conferences will clearly see that the organizations will cater to the team that has been a member the longest, especially if they have a rich tradition of winning championships in their respective sports. If y'all don't believe me then you need to look around and take note at what goes on in the world of collegiate sports.

Back