Alabama State / Arkansas-Pine Bluff Football Game Rescheduled

Kenn Rashad

Person In Charge
Staff member
Officials at Alabama State University and the University of Arkansas-Pine Bluff have agreed to reschedule their football game of September 18, 2004 to Saturday, December 4, 2004. The game will be played in Montgomery, Alabama at the Cramton Bowl, Alabama State's home field, at 1:00p CT.

http://www.swacpage.com/articles/index.shtml

This potentially gives the West champion only one week to prepare for the SCG.

Also, if hell freezes over, you could have the same two teams playing back-to-back weeks. The West is weak this year, so it may not be that far-fetched.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
PNeck019 said:
This potentially gives the West champion only one week to prepare for the SCG.

Also, if hell freezes over, you could have the same two teams playing back-to-back weeks. The West is weak this year, so it may not be that far-fetched.

The East champ too.....

SU Jag 79 said:
The East champ too.....

Technically, yes, but what I was really getting at was that SU (or whoever) wouldn't know who they're playing until after this game, whereas Alcorn, AAMU, or even ALST would know they're playing SU (or whoever).

ASU/APB...Why Dec.4???

Personally I am not happy with the rescheduling date of Alabama State's game against Arkansas-Pine Bluff. Dec. 4?....Are you kidding me?? Who was the bonehead that came up with that master plan?? This is crazy...I mean APB's regular season ends on Nov. 6. This gives them a whole month to prepare for us and I'm wondering if this fits well with the Golden Lion faithful.
What was wrong with Nov. 20? Both teams are off and what if ASU is in contention for the SWAC at that time? It doesn't give them enough time to prepare for the big showdown as opposed to their opponent who would have a two week prep time. I know that the TDC is right around the corner but I strongly fell that the guys don't need that much time to get ready for the school down the road. The third Saturday in November would have been perfect. The people behind that decision really took a dumb-dumb pill on this one. :angry:

Nov. 20th is just a few days before ASU Thanksgiving game, so that probably won't work.

This game puts both east and west on hold. The East and West might not be decided until after the game, or better yet, both the East and West will have been decided prior to the game.

What if UAPB and ASU are both the East and West champions before the game?

This works out in favor of UAPB because we have 4 weeks to prepare for ASU and regroup.

Da_Sperm said:
Nov. 20th is just a few days before ASU Thanksgiving game, so that probably won't work.

This game puts both east and west on hold. The East and West might not be decided until after the game, or better yet, both the East and West will have been decided prior to the game.
This game won't effect the East, since it doesn't count for ASU.

This works out in favor of UAPB because we have 4 weeks to prepare for ASU and regroup.
If you think that a 4 week layoff "works out" in your favor, so be it.

Ya'll are really reaching here. These scenarios are a bit of a stretch. I don't agree with the date because of the lateness. I wonder how much of a crowd will ASU get for a game after the TDC that will be meaningless. Will you guys actually make money? If not, shoot PB may as well save the travel money and just call this one a wash.

Bengal E said:
. . . I wonder how much of a crowd will ASU get for a game after the TDC that will be meaningless . . .

Bengal E,

It won't be a "meaningless" game, especially if Bama State has a very good record and are highly ranked. The novelty of the game just might add a little to the attendance. Except for the playoffs, no one else in I-AA will be playing that weekend, so it'll be one of the few games around.

Imagine if Bama State is undefeated, ranked #1, headed for the SCG, and Pine Bluff comes in determined to spoil the party. :eek:

Trust me, this could be a very, very interesting game.

There is no doubt there will be only 10 people at the game. Since this is not a conference game for ASU, this would definetely be a meaningless at that date, especially if ASU is not headed to the SCG.

I don't agree with the dates, but now that I think about it, UAPB would have had 7 games in a row if the game was played on Oct. 23rd. ASU has some tough opponents over the next few weeks (Alcorn, Southern, AAMU, GSU). ASU might win 2 of those games, but I wouldn't be on all of them.

This could really turn out to be a very meaningless game for ASU.

This is total BS on the part of the Commissioner's office. The most logical thing to do, is to make Southern play UAPB, a divisional opponent. :angry: :angry: :angry: This is just one more way that the Commissioner's office bends over backwards to please SU.

Hey Vowels, since you are screwing the other nine schools in the conference, at least I hope you are kissing them first. :slap: :slap: :mad: :mad:

this makes no sense. the game doesn't count for ASU. I wouldn't be suprised to see ASU pull out of this game. what is the SWAC gonna do. they have proven that the won't take a stance.

This is an embarrassment :eek: :eek: to the entire conference.

1) What does this have to do with SU?
2) Would this game be an issue if there were no hurricane Ivan.
3) Do you want to cancel you game with PVU too?

I'm amazed at reading grown folks comments about how somebody gets away with something and others can't. Guess what, THAT'S LIFE.

Ask Quincy Carter. LT played for Parcells with a drug problem and Parcells didn't kick him off the team. Micheal Irvin and many other Cowboys played for Jerry Jones with drug issues and they didn't kick them off the team. So why did the get rid of Quincy because he did the same thing. ANSWER: BECAUSE LIFE AIN'T F*##ING FAIR.

I'm so tired of hearing "Yall let SU get away with it, why can't we?"

Its about time the SWAC step up and start doing the right dayum thing.

Thank you DaSperm for the life of me I don't understand why everyone always blames SU for everything. Truly SAD. Untill we come together as a conference and as a people we will not have sucess. Why are we always trying to bring down one school because they have achieved more or have a large fan base. It can be only one thing JEALOUSY.

So I guess ASU officials don't plan for their school to be in the championship game. Well at least the game is going to be played. But the excuses of not playing the game on 10/23 and 11/20 I cannot buy. I guess the Magic City Classic is more important than the SWAC championship for ASU officials. Well at least UAPB has an off week before the homecoming game with JSU :rolleyes:. Go figure. Our people...man I tell ya;it's the process of reasoning is what I'm disappointed about.

pbla said:
Well at least the game is going to be played. But the excuses of not playing the game on 10/23 and 11/20 I cannot buy. I guess the Magic City Classic is more important than the SWAC championship for ASU officials.

I can understand not wanting to play on 10/23 or 11/20 simply because the games following those dates have been designated as "BIG GAMES" for ASU. If they PLANNED a week off to prepare for those games, then that is fine. However, the SWAC should have learned something here and that is "What can go wrong, WILL GO WRONG". Having UAPB to only play 7 SWAC opponents meant there was no room for error and anytime you don't account for "room for error", it will bite you.

Even though this game will be played, I'm still sticking with UAPB and SU will end up with the same conference record at the end of the season. This will happend simply because there is a chance of it happening.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
They couldn't play a game on a Saturday and then turn right around and play on Thursday...but then again UH played Saturday and is playing Miami this Thursday...so I guess others can do it.

pbla said:
So I guess ASU officials don't plan for their school to be in the championship game.
based on that line of thinking, I guess PB officials didn't plan for their school to be in the championship game either, seeing how your last regular season game is Nov. 6, a full 5 weeks before the SCG

pimpnbb said:
This is total BS on the part of the Commissioner's office. The most logical thing to do, is to make Southern play UAPB, a divisional opponent. :angry: :angry: :angry: This is just one more way that the Commissioner's office bends over backwards to please SU.

Hey Vowels, since you are screwing the other nine schools in the conference, at least I hope you are kissing them first. :slap: :slap: :mad: :mad:

this makes no sense. the game doesn't count for ASU. I wouldn't be suprised to see ASU pull out of this game. what is the SWAC gonna do. they have proven that the won't take a stance.

This is an embarrassment :eek: :eek: to the entire conference.

You definitely cannot blame and point fiingers at Southern for this debacle. The SWAC office does not have anything to gain and certainly is not catering to SU by coming up with this frivilous date to play a football game. And for those cynics who feel like ASU should not play APB before those so-called BIG GAMES are making a pitiful excuse. There are many D-1 and D-1AA schools and so forth that go through scheduling conflicts but they're able to get through it. Look at Troy for example. They started their season on a traditional Saturday, but had to play again that following Thursday against Missouri and they wound up winning. I still say that Nov. 20 would have been the better date. After reading a quote from Coach Coe in the local paper today, I don't think that he's too happy about being in that situation. The ASU AD said that he and APB's AD didn't have a problem with that date and thought that it was feasible for both schools....GIVE ME A BREAK!!! Speak for yourself PC. If these guys had any kind of sack, they would have told the officials in the conference to turn that date around. PBLA said it best...Our people, go figure.

mighty hornet said:
based on that line of thinking, I guess PB officials didn't plan for their school to be in the championship game either, seeing how your last regular season game is Nov. 6, a full 5 weeks before the SCG

UAPB original schedule had us playing Alcorn on the same day as the classic. (To which Alcorn dropped us to play Howard in a game that got them pimped slapped, I"M GLAD). I think out game with Paul Quinn was moved from Nov. 13th to Oct. 2nd because of the conflict with SU.

mighty hornet said:
:lol:
Man you missed your calling as a comedian.

Two questions. Didn't somebody suggest this date for the UAPB/SU game?

Wasn't it ASU who cancel this game which lead to this date?

Da_Sperm said:
UAPB original schedule had us playing Alcorn on the same day as the classic. (To which Alcorn dropped us to play Howard in a game that got them pimped slapped, I"M GLAD). I think out game with Paul Quinn was moved from Nov. 13th to Oct. 2nd because of the conflict with SU.

Da Sperm, you want to get mad at us because we dropped you for a payday. It was not right true enough but Alcorn is in it for the money. And Alcorn was fans do not come out to yall.

tierre said:
Da Sperm, you want to get mad at us because we dropped you for a payday. It was not right true enough but Alcorn is in it for the money. And Alcorn was fans do not come out to yall.

I'm not mad, just glad you got yo azz whipped. Didn't their QB go 0-7 with 2 ints and 0 yards passing and still whip that azz?

They say he don't like ugly.

If SU had bothered to reschedule UAPB, then we'd play them.

If the SWAC office had made SU play UAPB, we'd be playing them.

If Ivan hadn't come through Alabama, we'd have already played Bama State.

If Bama State chose to pull out of the game in December, we couldn't do much about it, and the SWAC office REALLY couldn't do isht about it.

If if was a fifth, I'd be drunker than a BATCH right now.

If my aunt had a d***, she'd be my uncle.

WTFever.

Play the game or not, but put this issue to REST.

Back