Louis Crews Classic - Former Players in attendance
Homecoming - Alumni watching
Magic City Classic - Rivalry
JSU - Bragging Rights

Win one or two of the following:

Vandy
UAB
South Alabama

Must play in the SWAC Championship game!

A win in the SWAC Championship game is an automatic extension.....

The 2017 recruiting class on paper is one of the best I have seen at AAMU. Hopefully, those DL's and DB's will qualify and contribute.

We wont beat any of the FBS teams. Hell, 6 wins a long shot. No established QB. We averaged 20 ppg last 2 years.

No extension at 5-6. In my opinion he MUST win the following games;

Louis Crews Classic - Former Players in attendance
Homecoming - Alumni watching
Magic City Classic - Rivalry
JSU - Bragging Rights

Win one or two of the following:

Vandy
UAB
South Alabama

Must play in the SWAC Championship game!

A win in the SWAC Championship game is an automatic extension.....

The 2017 recruiting class on paper is one of the best I have seen at AAMU. Hopefully, those DL's and DB's will qualify and contribute.

You do know that's not going to happen right. Won't beat UAB, USA, or Vandy.

You do know that's not going to happen right. Won't beat UAB, USA, or Vandy.

The odds are not in our favor... However, beating ASU and JSU probably would cause fan pressure in Montgomery, Alabama and Jackson, Mississippi..... That would be Spady 3-1 vs ASU and 4-0 vs. JSU....Your thoughts?

The odds are not in our favor... However, beating ASU and JSU probably would cause fan pressure in Montgomery, Alabama and Jackson, Mississippi..... That would be Spady 3-1 vs ASU and 4-0 vs. JSU....Your thoughts?

I agree!!! Spady does not have to beat UAB, Vandy, or South Alabama to keep his job. However, if he beats TX Southern (LCC), UAPB (HC), Valley, Bama St, JSU, and Kentucky State; that would be 6 games which are very winnable. We still have a shot at beating Southern and Alcorn also. I say we just must be 6-5 and be in the SWAC Championship game for him to get a 1 or 2 year extension. If our record is better than 6-5, he gets a 1 year extension regardless and yes being 3-1 vs Bama State and 4-0 vs JSU goes along way and Jenkins and/or Hughes is gone.

6 wins or he's done.

I'll know what we're capable of when I see how the QB situation and offense looks in Fall practice.

Spady should have turned the offense over to Totten after the Auburn game.

Last edited:

He can put a lot of pressure on Jenkins if he wins in October. JSU's coach is just in his second year and has a little time to change the direction of the program.

He can put a lot of pressure on Jenkins if he wins in October. JSU's coach is just in his second year and has a little time to change the direction of the program.

ASU just brought in some coaching fire power. The odds might be leaning your way in the Magic City Class; however, in that game the records really don't matter. Hoping for a good game!

LOL. A lot of programs are 4-0 vs JSU. But if Hughes gets it right, we BOTH know AAMU won't win another one for a while. AAMU went 4-0 thru the Bell years plus Comegy's first year and then went 1-6 after that vs Comegy. Our program improved a lot as a TOTAL product last year. Let's see if JSU can make that next step. Hughes will have to win this year or his set will have a match set to it.

Once again you expose the truth. The truth that JSU has been sorry more than good since 2000. Says a lot about your program. ~snicker~

LOL. A lot of programs are 4-0 vs JSU. But if Hughes gets it right, we BOTH know AAMU won't win another one for a while. AAMU went 4-0 thru the Bell years plus Comegy's first year and then went 1-6 after that vs Comegy. Our program improved a lot as a TOTAL product last year. Let's see if JSU can make that next step. Hughes will have to win this year or his set will have a match set to it.

So, who will be the next coach at JSU for the 2018 season?

Once again you expose the truth. The truth that JSU has been sorry more than good since 2000. Says a lot about your program. ~snicker~

We have been better than every program in the conference except Grambling and maybe SU since 2000. Check the records. We still own you since 2000. Almost ALL our your wins came vs Bell and Old Man Jackson.

We have been better than every program in the conference except Grambling and maybe SU since 2000. Check the records. We still own you since 2000. Almost ALL our your wins came vs Bell and Old Man Jackson.

You should commend the search team of Alumni who made the choice to hire such great coaches as Bell and OMJ. I was fortunate to see the press conferences for both hires and to witness the smiles, high fives, and handshakes of joy by your alumni. Plus, I remember the video of a few on this site bragging about the Bell hire. Are we being ungrateful and do not want to appreciate and recognize the choices of your alumni?

You should commend the search team of Alumni who made the choice to hire such great coaches as Bell and OMJ. I was fortunate to see the press conferences for both hires and to witness the smiles, high fives, and handshakes of joy by your alumni. Plus, I remember the video of a few on this site bragging about the Bell hire. Are we being ungrateful and do not want to appreciate and recognize the choices of your alumni?

Believe it or not.. Bell was never a popular choice among alums. That was all on Culberson. However, alums had been trying to get OMJ since Big Daddy passed away. Some don't believe it but OMJ was intentional. Sad but true. LOL
BUT that experiment is now over and its about to go back to how it used to be... beating the BAMAs every year!

Believe it or not.. Bell was never a popular choice among alums. That was all on Culberson. However, alums had been trying to get OMJ since Big Daddy passed away. Some don't believe it but OMJ was intentional. Sad but true. LOL
BUT that experiment is now over and its about to go back to how it used to be... beating the BAMAs every year!
It's been a long time since you've actually stated his name instead of B***

Back