"AJ" and "Free" are Done

THAMES

106 and Park is going to replace AJ and Free on the popular BET show.

snapshot1612qp8bp.jpg

... AJ crying on last show.

Free1.jpg

... meanwhile looks like Free who recently turned 36 has moved on.

He's always looked weird to me. Like an overgrown child & those braids going back into a non-ponytail or however they were traveling on his head. Blessings to both.

THAMES said:
106 and Park is going to replace AJ and Free on the popular BET show.

Free1.jpg

... meanwhile looks like Free who recently turned 36 has moved on.

Have ya'll seen the pic's on the inside. Got a preview sent to me on e-mail.

THAT GURL IS FIIIIIIIINNNNNNNE!!
I like to have my butt rubbed at night. Sometimes I do it myself. It calms me down.
--FREE--

:eek: :ebrow: :love: :heart: :nod:

SU's Finest '93 said:
yeah, I heard the story this a.m., on the radio.

What happened? Rumors have it that Free got into with BET Mgmt. Who has the scoop? I saw a portion of the show last night when AJ was crying, but he was also giving subliminal messages the whole show... I think something went down. He was like:

"It takes a big man to walk away from a situation" and then when he was talking about the Destiny's Child concert he was like "you never know when it will be your last time seeing something..." and when the Shake It Off video went off he yelled "Yeah SHAKE IT OFF." At the end of the show he started to cry again and threw his ear peice down and walked off the set. Something definitely went down.
Supposedly, something went down between Free and the management at BET...here is what I got from another board:

GOING, GOING...

I guess I can just tell you: BOTH FREE AND AJ ARE LEAVING! They both quit. I don't know the full story yet, but AJ is on the live show and he's wearing a t-shirt that says "Still Free." "I'm representing for Free today," he said affectionately. Son was looking like a Viet Nam vet with a 100-yard stare ? he had a different look in his eyes (LOL). Anyway, there was beef with BET upper management and Free, as you know, has left the company already. It was just made official today. AJ wasn't going to quit from what I hear, but just today he changed his mind. Anyway, I have more, but I will let AJ tell it. Tune into BET's "106 & Park!"

Article from BET.com:

After five years of hosting BET's highly rated video countdown show "106 & Park," AJ and Free announced their departure during Thursday's live broadcast of BET's "106 & Park."

While sitting on the famed ?106? couch and holding a cell phone with co-host Free on the other line, a tearful AJ told the television and studio audience, ?This is our last live show...But this isn?t the last time you?ll see us.?
:: AD ::

The two have been a staple on televisions across the country since ?106 & Park? debuted in 2000 when Black Entertainment Television moved its music programming operations from its Washington, DC corporate location to facilities located at the corner of 106th Street and Park Avenue in Harlem. Since then, 106 & Park has been a dominant force among video countdown programs, featuring live interviews and performances by the biggest names in music and entertainment, a rocking in-studio audience and the top music videos as chosen by BET viewers on BET.com.

"They were definitely not let go," said Stephen Hill, executive vice president of entertainment and music programming for BET. "They've decided after five great years of the highest rated music video show on television that they wanted to do something different."

BET has not made any announcements on future hosts or plans for the show at this time but Hill assured viewers that the show will go on.

"On Monday, we?re going to have a couple of folks you?ve seen on there before and a few other surprises," he said. "You have to tune in on Monday to find out. It?s still going to be the top countdown show on the air."

A.J. and Free were not available for interviews. A pre-taped show hosted by AJ and featuring Miami rapper Trina will air on Friday at 6 p.m. (ET/PT).

"There is nothing like `106 & Park.'" AJ said to the audience. ?It's a staple in the African American community for five years and we hope it will continue. We love you all very much."

It was a very emotional moment on the air that Hill said was a difficult thing for AJ. Hill and BET?s staff knew the duo was leaving before the show aired. "It was tough for him to do but that was the way he wanted to do it," Hill explained. "Usually in television if you know someone?s leaving, they don?t get to go on the air anymore. BET is a family so we wanted him to go the way he wanted to exit."

Both hosts will go on to pursue other interests. AJ announced that he will be opening a new restaurant, Mahogany, in Brooklyn, N.Y. and will continue working with his management company. AJ also announced that Free said that her website would also be coming soon.

Best of luck to both. :heart:

SAME OLD G said:
That gurl is ovarrrrraaaaaated!

Don't know what rating system you using, but in the world of V J-ing, she's overrated compared to who? :look:

I know you can't be talking overrated body wise. :dizzy:

BTW: I didn't know this woman, (FREE), was 36 YEARS OLD!! :p

^^^^^^^second!!!!! :nod2:

note to self: Stop by CVS after work, flip through King mag. :eek:

Actually AJ is one the most the popular Independent marketing,and party promoters in the music business he handles Mariah,JZ and Free's marketing.

LoyalTigress said:
What happened.......

They probally have gotten to old for the audience of 106 and Park. They probally will replace them with some talent that's barely 21 years old. Same thing happen to Donnie Simpson and Sherry Carter.

According to some of my friends in the business it was BET's pay. Last year Free only made about 40k for doing the show. Before AJ held out last year he was only making 35k, they promised Free a certain amount of money then BET reneged on the deal. AJ then opted out of his contract.

pbla said:
They probally have gotten to old for the audience of 106 and Park. They probally will replace them with some talent that's barely 21 years old. Same thing happen to Donnie Simpson and Sherry Carter.

It's called life!

it's sad to see them go. they were talented people. the entertainment industry is cold-blooded. at least when you're talent. that's why im stayin behind the scenes. its more money there anyway.

staggalee83 said:
Don't know what rating system you using, but in the world of V J-ing, she's overrated compared to who? :look:

I could ask you the same question. In the world of V J-ing, shes fine compared to who?

And for the record, I didn't say she wasn't fine. And I am not saying she is ugly...she just ain't what some of you are trying to make out to be.

SAME OLD G said:
I could ask you the same question. In the world of V J-ing, shes fine compared to who?

And for the record, I didn't say she wasn't fine. And I am not saying she is ugly...she just ain't what some of you are trying to make out to be.

LOL@SOG. You just have different tastes bruh. That's all. No big deal. I think the consensus from most brothers I know is that she is pretty nice looking and has the body to go with it. I don't what else anybody is making out of it except that point. Now as far as being a VJ. I thought her and AJ were okay and they did have the validation from the young folk that viewed them.

Back