Affidavits: Coles' Ouster Was Planned

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Like I said on another thread, if you're gonna conspire to get someone, make damn sure everybody's on board. Have your stuff air tight.

This is just down right sad!!!

That why Cosby left after the dirt was done. It was planned from the beginning. This also means that your current school president was in on it also. I guess the people that have filed affidavits didn't think the ish was gonna go this far. I'm glad that they have stepped up cause if you telling me not to do this and that in February and the person(s) you are after get fired months later, it ain't nothing but premeditated and they should be punished for it.

GOOD!

This is gonna be an interesting battle in court.
I'm glad to see folks having some integrity to come out the closet and take these parasites to court to have them OUSTED from the University!! ...while they try to do Cole in!

Shmucks!

:mad:

My question is, what's going to be the end result over all of this? Even if Cole is successful, is he gonna come back like nothing's ever happened? Is Lee and whoever on the board hates him gonna just drop the whole matter? I take issue with the ASU faithful dragging this mess on. If Cole is vindicated but tears down the school in the process, will you still be happy?

I take issue with the ASU faithful dragging this mess on.

what?
:confused:

The only quotes from "ASU folks" in this article came from affidavits, so don't know how you construe that as "ASU faithful dragging this mess on

What difference could these affidavits make? All it proves is that Cosby was brought in to do the investigation...an investigation that was obvioulsly justified. Cosby obviously knew that he already had enough to get LC justifiably fired. He just took time to do a full investigation. What is going to be the difference in what LC was doing wrong?

Originally posted by unknown1
TP I swear you are slow sometimes....did you actually READ what the article said?:confused:

Dude, if your girlfriend is cheating on you and you told someone that you could prove it boastfully, what does that have to do with the fact that she was cheating? I am totally missing the point here. It's like your PI telling her sister, "Yeah, your sister is going to get caught real soon." I totally miss the point here.

Well explain to me what difference these affidavits make if what was uncovered is TRUE. Now I can see if these people were saying they helped to doctor paperwork or that they lied about him about them. All they are saying is they dude was confident that he could prove wrongdoings in the program. :confused:

If these affidavits are true, then Cosby just showed how ignorant
he really is. It seems to me that he was somewhat bragging about how he was brought in to fire the three named coaches, and he referred to himself as the hatchet, the hammer, and the hitman. If he knew in January that he had enough evidence to fire
the football coaches then why not fire them at that time instead of
waiting until the week before practice starts. I mean this cat just
let this whole ordeal playout in the media like some kind soap opera, and to me that shows that he didn't have any loyalty to
Bama State from the beginning. If these findings exposes some wrongdoings by Cosby, Lee, or Joe Reed then I think they all
should be banned from employment with any other universities.
That would be the result if the Coles and Freeman are to be the
wrongdoers.

I'm with you tp....

Why does it matter if they were "out to get Coles" or not. As long as the information that they obtained to use against him was factual and true, then they have the grounds to fire him as the football coach. Be it planned ot ptherwise. If he did wrong, then he did wrong, plain and simple.

Nowhere in that article did it imply that the allegations against Cole, etc were fabricated or untrue. Although it did imply that the adminstration was going to do all it could to dig up any wrong doings by the program, but even that doesn't address the allegations against cole. It still doesn't prove that he was innocent of anything.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: I'm with you tp....

Originally posted by Suge
Nowhere in that article did it imply that the allegations against Cole, etc were fabricated or untrue. Although it did imply that the adminstration was going to do all it could to dig up any wrong doings by the program, but even that doesn't address the allegations against cole. It still doesn't prove that he was innocent of anything.
hmmmmm.......

read on

Last Friday, Cole, offensive coordinator Johnnie Cole and linebackers coach Richard Freeman all received letters from ASU, which outlined the specific charges against them.

Changing the grades of players and playing ineligible players in games -- charges that were listed in the statement attributed to Cosby -- were not listed among the charges in the coaches' letters.

However, the statement in July attributed to Cosby said that the football coaches were responsible for changing the "failing academic grades of a stella athlete" in order to "restore his eligibility and ensure a winning season."

Cosby resigned from ASU on Aug. 6, citing health reasons. He is the athletic director at Stillman College.

Earlier this week, Lee removed responsibility for grade changing from Cole.

"We had a situation here where some grades were changed for some student athletes," Lee said. "Mr. Cole did not change any grades. He was not implicated in that matter."

As for the accusation regarding coaches playing ineligible players, Lee said compliance or procedural problems were to blame.

"The way some players were brought on to campus caused them to be ineligible," Lee said.

Re: Re: I'm with you tp....

Originally posted by mighty hornet
hmmmmm.......

read on

Last Friday, Cole, offensive coordinator Johnnie Cole and linebackers coach Richard Freeman all received letters from ASU, which outlined the specific charges against them.

Changing the grades of players and playing ineligible players in games -- charges that were listed in the statement attributed to Cosby -- were not listed among the charges in the coaches' letters.

However, the statement in July attributed to Cosby said that the football coaches were responsible for changing the "failing academic grades of a stella athlete" in order to "restore his eligibility and ensure a winning season."

Cosby resigned from ASU on Aug. 6, citing health reasons. He is the athletic director at Stillman College.

Earlier this week, Lee removed responsibility for grade changing from Cole.

"We had a situation here where some grades were changed for some student athletes," Lee said. "Mr. Cole did not change any grades. He was not implicated in that matter."

As for the accusation regarding coaches playing ineligible players, Lee said compliance or procedural problems were to blame.

"The way some players were brought on to campus caused them to be ineligible," Lee said.

MH, what Suge and TP are saying is that there actually were charges made against the coaches, as evidenced by this:

jag,
What Suge and TP failed to consider is that since that letter was sent to Cole listing those charges, Lee has backtracked off those charges. It's akin to charging me with stuff on Monday, firing me on Tuesday, and then coming out on Wednesday and backtracking off the charges.

"Earlier this week, Lee removed responsibility for grade changing from Cole.

"As for the accusation regarding coaches playing ineligible players, Lee said compliance or procedural problems were to blame. "

"Dont even order their pants?"
Now that is funny.

mh and others...just because you are paranoid
does not mean someone is not after you. Coles
could have been fired on the stripper thing alone.
He can be fired for those players on the team that
were promised scholarships but didnt get them.

Now I know you are going to say that Coles had no
direct involvement in that, but thats what is called
"Lack of Institutional control."

But overall, what I want to say is....
DUUUUUUUHHHHH

Any lunkhead can see that this was a witch hunt.
They didnt have to fire Coles but they did. You cant be the
highest paid coach with the worst team in the SWAC.
Maybe the powers didnt want to go thru another
embarrassing season like last year. It does seem like
Cole was denied due process, but you have to admit, we
are not dealing with the most intelligent people in the
world.

mh and others

Do you still contend that you would let your child go to
ASU as an athlete under these conditions? Hell even as a student.
If your president is this dumb in athletic matters, he cant
be that bright otherwise.

I been telling yall for the longest that Cosby was just a puppet
and had NO control over what was going on.....
I guess since the white folks done put it out you can
believe it now.

This crap will never end cause we are dealing with the butter
knifes of the drawer. :smh:

Originally posted by Get Ready
I been telling yall for the longest that Cosby was just a puppet
and had NO control over what was going on.....
I guess since the white folks done put it out you can
believe it now.
You aint gotta lie to try to make it seem like you know what you're talking about. You were singing Cosby praises, saying he was only interested in cleaning up the program. You even called him "the good guy" in all of this. No matter how much we tried to tell you this was a witch hunt, you wouldn't listen, cause you KNOW everything, remember?

I know it's hard for you to do, but try to keep it somewhat real.

jag,
What Suge and TP failed to consider is that since that letter was sent to Cole listing those charges, Lee has backtracked off those charges. It's akin to charging me with stuff on Monday, firing me on Tuesday, and then coming out on Wednesday and backtracking off the charges.

"As for the accusation regarding coaches playing ineligible players, Lee said compliance or procedural problems were to blame. "

MH,
He sent the letter AFTER he dropped the charges that were not relevant.

Dude,

I know you couldnt tell that I was begin sarcastic. But really, getting rid of Coles does give you some credibility and respect from your peers in the Sports world. Its a step in the right direction for your school. You are not wise enough to see it now cause he was winnning 6 games a year for you. Thats never really happened before at ASU. But you cant have someone that thinks he is more important than the program while at the same time finishing in last place. Here is a hint...its not good to embarrass your university everytime some writer is willing to quote you. Its not classy for the coach or the university.

jag,

MH, if you read reports from as far back as two or three weeks ago, you will find that the grade change accuasation had been dropped. I think it was in the original paper talking about LC's suspension. You just believe in LC and are dumb enough to think that he did nothing wrong. The man is a liar and a cheater. We are gonna miss him the SWAC.

Archie Cooley send help!!

Originally posted by Tigerpride
MH, if you read reports from as far back as two or three weeks ago, you will find that the grade change accuasation had been dropped. I think it was in the original paper talking about LC's suspension.

No it isn't. Lee just now began his backtracking.

Man yall some clowns....
Get over it. I'm about sick of even hearing and reading the same song from yall PARROTS! The ONLY thing you should be concerned with is your end of season record and getting there.

Believe me with that alone you should have your hands full.
Be weary if you lose the 1st 2-3 games.... all hell will break loose.

Heck, you'll be calling for JockWash again.
By the way -- I'll be in Jackson to see that arse whipping you'll recv from the Hornets this year as well.

:cool:

Back