30 for 30: HBCU Edition

- Eddie Robinson
- The 1984 MVSU vs. Alcorn State game. This is one the most underrated games in College Football History and HBCU Football History.

They should SERIOUSLY do one on Prairie View fans. The "fans" have sucked on saltines so long until they think it's sweet and buttery, like a ritz cracker. Even w/ all the newfound cheez whiz and hog head cheese on top of the wafers (the beautiful facilities), the same issues are evident today as they were during the middle of the 80-consecutive game losing streak, of which, I sat through 54 of the 80.

That would be awesome. Gotta get Bomani on it too, since his folks worked at PV during the streak

Perhaps it would be a better idea to showcase two or more topics on the HBCU edition of 30 for 30!

They do have the 30 for 30 Shorts (15 minutes or so) so some of these stories would fall up under that umbrella. They could do all of them during Black History Month so that they could garner the most attention

Of course I am gonna say the 1984 Valley team because that is arguably the most memorable and recognized HBCU team of all time with records that still stand today

I do think that if you did one on Grambling, it could go from the Robinson days to the low point of the protest and then bring it back full circle with Fobbs

The McNair years at Alcorn deserve one

If we are sticking with the SWAC I would say the 80 game losing streak of PV.

Outside of the SWAC, I would say either FAMU going FBS or the 1998 FAMU football team (HBCU Gameday already laid the groundwork)

They should SERIOUSLY do one on Prairie View fans. The "fans" have sucked on saltines so long until they think it's sweet and buttery, like a ritz cracker. Even w/ all the newfound cheez whiz and hog head cheese on top of the wafers (the beautiful facilities), the same issues are evident today as they were during the middle of the 80-consecutive game losing streak, of which, I sat through 54 of the 80.

i remember when HBO came to the yard in 97 for that special because everyone thought we would snap the streak against Langston at Blackshear Field. We lost but that whole weekend on campus was electric. I marched with a hangover.

Eddie Robinson needs a movie or feature length film...

HBCU 30 for 30s:
- The Bayou Classic (History on how it came to be played in New Orleans, and the everyday impact it has on the SU-GSU rivalry year round)
- The Pete Richardson era
- Roger Cador
- The Satellite Express of Mississippi Valley State
- Steve McNair's senior season (1994)

- Prairie View Football's 80 game losing streak in the 90's and how the program eventually shook back and won a title in 2009

-10 JSU players drafted in the 1968 NFL draft
- 2 JSU players drafted in 1975 are in the NFL HOFer's
- 3 NFL HOFer's played on the same team at JSU

Central State Marauders winning five straight black national titles and three NAIA national titles in nineties.
Willard Bailey
Louis Crewe

FAMU Football team that averaged 50pts a game and dominated everybody. I Think Bob Hayes was on that team.

1978 FAMU National Championship Team also

Back