2023 Football Schedules

Even a h and h is out of the question? I heard the grapevine speaking of how redneck racist sela folk/fans are (see FAMU's playoff game there for further substantiation).

How and why do kids of color grace their campus if their redneckism is at that level?
@patsnation80 & @JAGSC - When I played for Southern in the mid 2000s, we heard convos about playing Southeastern Louisiana. Coach Richardson even offered up the idea of Southeastern playing their home game against us at Tad Gormley Stadium in New Orleans to hold a larger crowd . But SE Louisiana wouldn't comply
I definitely don't want SU to play them rednecks.
So why is there criticism of Jackson State and Grambling, when they rotate off each others schedule but they schedule each other anyway? Keep in mind, I am just using Jackson St and Grambling as an example because other SWAC members do it too. Some of us say only lazy, incompetent athletic directors do that. I respectfully disagree. I think these athletic directors have to look at the bottom line. It has to make economic sense. But anyway, just my opinion.

So why is there criticism of Jackson State and Grambling, when they rotate off each others schedule but they schedule each other anyway? Keep in mind, I am just using Jackson St and Grambling as an example because other SWAC members do it too. Some of us say only lazy, incompetent athletic directors do that. I respectfully disagree. I think these athletic directors have to look at the bottom line. It has to make economic sense. But anyway, just my opinion.
It’s a tough position to be in.

It does. Hence why PV should be breaking feet in Lamar, SFA, HCU, IWU, SHSU, ... w/ the goal of filling its own stadium w/ smart marketing but.... it's easy to relent and be the whipping BOY for SMU and other high-end fbs'ers for a paultry $200,000-$250,000 payday (net).

That's lazy scheduling. No other way to look at it especially when you got 2 SWAC schools as OOC schools with all of those FCS schools in Texas and LA sitting right there but then complain about getting worked with at-large bids in the FCS playoffs.

You can't do both when you do this (or have 1 SWAC OOC school and 1 D2/VUL type school on the same schedule)

Scheduling is not as easy as it seems… the conference scheduling format does not help things either especially when the 3 biggest brands minus FAMU in the conference and country are not playing on a yearly basis.

That's lazy scheduling. No other way to look at it especially when you got 2 SWAC schools as OOC schools with all of those FCS schools in Texas and LA sitting right there but then complain about getting worked with at-large bids in the FCS playoffs.

You can't do both when you do this (or have 1 SWAC OOC school and 1 D2/VUL type school on the same schedule)
Well, it is like @Journalist said in his post #152, "it is a tough position to be in". You are either gonna play those redneck, racist schools in Texas and Louisiana which some on here do not want to do, or you gonna play conference members as out of conference games which some on here do not want to do. But anyway, it is what it is.

Its not lazy, it's business. Aside from Homecoming, JSU is Grambling's biggest game. The only other option is a money game. They wouldnt make the same money vs another FCS program or a D2. There is only ONE Jackson State University.

Its not lazy, it's business. Aside from Homecoming, JSU is Grambling's biggest game. The only other option is a money game. They wouldnt make the same money vs another FCS program or a D2. There is only ONE Jackson State University.
When FAMU comes to Jackson every rivalry they have will be second tier. That is going to be one hell of an event..

Stop it

So the JSU game is bigger than the Bayou & State Fair classics?!

Yep, JSU Class of 1969. We been traveling the country playing golf the last 35 years. He is a realist that respects good games and the games are not life or death. A reasonable Tiger…👍
But yall lost to Tin Man Hughes in Bragg. I think we will be ok... LOL

Granted, I do agree that you all are doing well at Bragg! However, you never had to play Coach Prime at Bragg.

Back