2021 spring NCAA football season ?

THEESwacProphet

THEE SWACs Neighborhood Prophet
So caught this article yesterday below. They’re saying that due to the uncertainty timeline of Covid-19, spring ball canceled, and summer practices at risk .... they’re thinking about pushing football too spring vs the fall... from an HBCU stand point, that’s huge for homecoming engagement and student numbers , as most students stay more in the fall and transfer in the spring. Also , this could give some teams more advantage to build chemistry, strength, and reset the culture if college football moves to spring.... not to mention, budgets could be further crippled as hbcus live on the money that basketball, football, and in some cases marching bands bring in.... classics that schools depend on could be at risk....man, how does this effect recruiting ? Sooo soooo many questions if the ncaa does indeed alter the start date to spring.., article below... interested to hear what y’all thinking.

So caught this article yesterday below. They’re saying that due to the uncertainty timeline of Covid-19, spring ball canceled, and summer practices at risk .... they’re thinking about pushing football too spring vs the fall... from an HBCU stand point, that’s huge for homecoming engagement and student numbers , as most students stay more in the fall and transfer in the spring. Also , this could give some teams more advantage to build chemistry, strength, and reset the culture if college football moves to spring.... not to mention, budgets could be further crippled as hbcus live on the money that basketball, football, and in some cases marching bands bring in.... classics that schools depend on could be at risk....man, how does this effect recruiting ? Sooo soooo many questions if the ncaa does indeed alter the start date to spring.., article below... interested to hear what y’all thinking.

I don't like the idea of playing the college footbal season in the sprng. I would prefer to see a shortened regular season played without open dates, if necessary, that started in October and concluded in December. The playoff and bowl season could go on largely uninterrupted.

I don't like the idea of playing the college footbal season in the sprng. I would prefer to see a shortened regular season played without open dates, if necessary, that started in October and concluded in December. The playoff and bowl season could go on largely uninterrupted.

na you have to have some type of warm weather... I would say march to may.

I would rather not have a season than to do this because it throws everything out of wack. As soon as the season is over with, you basically got to get right into getting ready for the next season

I would rather wait it out and see how things unfold as far as treating this virus. I think that IF the numbers peak in May or June and there is a better handle of this by July, a season could possibly still happen. I would favor a season starting in October with just SWAC games

That would be too much going on at one time. Football, some basketball, baseball, track and field, and all other spring sports.

That would be too much going on at one time. Football, some basketball, baseball, track and field, and all other spring sports.

Thats what would make it perfect.... you could have basketball on Tuesday and Friday.... baseball games on Saturday during the day and football games at night.

Back