2021 Fall Football Schedule for MVSU (Official)

Why is the SWAC Championship on there?

Probably need to be worrying about if you will have a coach after the SCG

When we go back to 8 games in the fall (hopefully), AAMU can go back to be a bridesmaid in the East even with Alcorn gone

Serious question, why is your AD not putting d2 or lower tier opponents to at least get 1-2 early wins to help rebuild belief from the alum? I see early money games and injuries and no break for the guys to build confidence... seriously valley deserves and really should look at the AD .... valley deserves to be competitive.
I agree. If I was their AD, I would schedule 3 home-home games with the SIAC.

Why have Valley play nothing but D2s. They need to run a budget just like everyone else. Take your lumps and cash the checks that is just the nature of D1 sports.

Besides whatever happened to new year new me?

Probably need to be worrying about if you will have a coach after the SCG

When we go back to 8 games in the fall (hopefully), AAMU can go back to be a bridesmaid in the East even with Alcorn gone
1) We have won the East more than any other team.
2) Alcorn will be in the West next year, so keep dreaming.
3) If we a bridesmaid, who are you? The flower girl?

If my school was the only team in SWAC history to never win a conference championship or even make a championship game, I wouldn’t be talking foolishness.

1) We have won the East more than any other team.
2) Alcorn will be in the West next year, so keep dreaming.
3) If we a bridesmaid, who are you? The flower girl?
spinning GIF

Man... this has to be one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen. I don't care if moving it to Sunday improves our TV chances.

This is just flat out lazy scheduling because she can't fundraise. First time Southern has been on the schedule since 2015 and you give up your first home game against them for a paycheck. Now I hope everyone sees why a lot of people want her gone. She is the longest tenured AD in the SWAC yet our budget has remained the same.

She gotta go

1997 SWAC Football Showdown

Southern-JSU Saturday night
TSU-Alcorn State Sunday afternooon

Mississippi Veterans Memorial

I had the t-shirt lol

This was done a couple of times in the late 70's One year Alcorn played Grambling in the afternoon and JSU played Tenn. St that night. Doug Williams senior year. He came to Jackson twice that year and put on a show.

Last edited:
This was done a couple of times in the late 70's One year Alcorn played Grambling in the afternoon and JSU played Tenn. St that night. Doug Williams senior year. He came to Jackson twice that year and put on a show.
Out of the box thinking like this could easily be beneficial, imho.

When the hurricanes did damage to htown related/Louisiana (New Orleans), the BC was moved to htown and that Thanksgiving w/e was very, very festive when PV whooped up on sTu and Gram/SU played their game the next day (if memory serves correct).

Back