2017 SWAC Basketball Tournament

Your A&M Brothers and Sisters feel your pain :(

I cannot support anything I do not believe in, PQUE. No "alma mater" runs that deep in my world, just because. None of them. And I'm very far removed from sheeple (a follower, just because).

What coach Davis has is successful.

What Prairie View A&M sports is not successful. Something needs to change @ PV and it starts @ the top ("athletic director," coaches, in that order). Also, what is so hard about driving towards those 3 little areas and watching young men do their thing on the court just to say "hi, we're interested in you coming here." ??????

Prairie View has came in the 3rd place in the commissioners cup standings TWO years in a row.

How much time should we devote to these top tier kids?

Coach Davis at Texas Southern has a stategy and it seems to be working for him. I wish he would recruit some of the local high school talent but I can't argue with success.

Coach Davis has the luxury of Houston, Texas.... nobody else in the conference has that type of luxury. It's much easier getting a transfer to move to Houston.

Damn.valley

Got a lot more faith in the women with Kern than I do with the men. 6 win improvement in season one. Once she gets her system in place, she'll be OK. I like the commits she has coming in (shooting and size)

Men: Half of the team basically is seniors and we only improved by 1 game. Going into the last year of his contract, Payne has been very hit and miss with the JUCO recruits plus he's average about 4-5 transfers a year (players transferring out). Something to keep an eye on in a couple of years. 6-8 wins again next year and we're probably looking for a new coach

Halftime-
TSU-38 Bama St-31
We are killing TSU in the post but they are killing us with the 3's

Prairie View has came in the 3rd place in the commissioners cup standings TWO years in a row.
What about M/W bball? How has PV M/W fared diring the same duration? There's entirely too much talent local to PV for it to think it not good enough to receive an interest contact. smh

And I'm sure PV enjoyed that 3rd place trophy the conf office sent them lololololol. smgdh

Last edited:
Congrats to TSU. At least we can say we made it to Houston....too bad it wasn't the Toyota Center. We need to bring in a couple of point guards next season

sTu Tigers win.....2x!
PV women had been on a roll but our ladies' defense shut them down. I was really concerned about PV blowing teams out lately but that Tiger D put the clamps on them.

Back