2017 Mississippi Valley State Football Schedule (Tentative)

Bray was a bust last season. Comegy better go find him a dual threat guy asap. Jarmin would be a better option, but he I can't see him hanging around the program if he is forced to fight for time again. He actually manages the game well. I won't be shocked if he transfers to a JUCO for a year and then comes back to the FCS ranks.

#28 Dual Threat QB according to ESPN but of course they won't publicize him signing with a HBCU

Darn. Talk about asking and receiving. I saw some information on this kid a while back. I thought he was going to a Big 12 school. (Or I could have mistaken him for another Betts.)

Nice pick up by Rick. The man has brought some very good kids to Valley in 3 years, but no results on the field.

Darn. Talk about asking and receiving. I saw some information on this kid a while back. I thought he was going to a Big 12 school. (Or I could have mistaken him for another Betts.)

Nice pick up by Rick. The man has brought some very good kids to Valley in 3 years, but no results on the field.

He committed to Kansas State (assuming that they wanted him to change positions) but decommitted and was down to Alcorn, Valley and USM. As we know Alcorn has two QBs so Valley was the best place he could play QB. Thank you Memphis alums

I hope he has already qualified or is at least very close. Often when guys decommit from Power 5 offers it is because they have not qualified and the offer gets pulled. This young man may be a great student for all I know. Hopefully for Valley's sake he is because he appears to be the real deal!

Comegy pulled out another bag of "how in the hell did he pull that recruit off" with landing Betts. A 3 star QB who is a true freshman is a big deal in the FCS world. Especially the SWAC.

There are a handful of kids that Comegy brought to Valley who I knew would impact the program, and they did through getting SWAC honors and showing that they could compete with conference opposition. However, the records of the team speak otherwise. Comegy needs to start winning now. Not next year, now. The 3 year mark usually shows were the program is going. The 4th year shows what program your staff have put together. This team is officially Rick Comegy's team this season as he has had 4 years to bring in talent. I am rooting for the Detla dudes this year.

Last edited:
Comegy has talent but he lacks depth bad, especially on the DL and OL. That is the reason that Valley has a hard time beating teams especially in the 3rd in 4th quarter.

He committed to Kansas State (assuming that they wanted him to change positions) but decommitted and was down to Alcorn, Valley and USM. As we know Alcorn has two QBs so Valley was the best place he could play QB. Thank you Memphis alums
Wow. Well that's the same kid. KSU folks on Twitter were saying that Betts has what it takes to play at the next level. Betts-Valley, Glass-AAMU, and Caldwell-NCCU are the top HBCU signees at QB. I didn't forget about Ford-Alcorn, but he really isn't a true QB. From the clips I have seen, Betts showed the best skills in high school. (Although I love Glass' size.)

Now, all of this talk sounds great, but the kid will still be a true freshman behind a questionable offensive line. Therefore there are still too many questions. I can't understand how Valley's line has been so bad with such a good OL coach.

Last edited:
Comegy has talent but he lacks depth bad, especially on the DL and OL. That is the reason that Valley has a hard time beating teams especially in the 3rd in 4th quarter.

When you have limited scholarships, you can't win. PERIOD. Even at JSU, he was short handed in the later year after the APR fiasco. Imagine if Comegy had his full allotment in 2012 and 2013.... Those scholarships are NEEDED for depth. That was our problem in the last 90s and early 2000's. JSU was only giving out 50 scholarships. Then we started giving out 63 when others started to catch up. Hughes (the first one) only had 50 and he was kicking ass. Imagine the depth he would had have with 13 more to give out per year.

D2 would kill Valley's money during basketball season.

If a school is D2 are they required to have certain sports for women?

D2 would kill Valley's money during basketball season.

If a school is D2 are they required to have certain sports for women?

They ain't making no real money no way.. and football is the cash cow..

Do you know how bad Comegy would beat Grambling if he could recruit non-qualifiers and MS JUCO kids? Because you don't have to graduate JUCO to go D2.

They ain't making no real money no way.. and football is the cash cow..

Do you know how bad Comegy would beat Grambling if he could recruit non-qualifiers and MS JUCO kids? Because you don't have to graduate JUCO to go D2.

LOL.....at both points. Here is a picture of Comegy's team if that happened

still-of-adam-sandler,-terry-crews,-lobo-sebastian,-bob-sapp-and-dalip-singh-in-the-longest-yard-(2005)-large-picture.jpg

It's good that Valley's playing challenging FCS opponents, sure wish some of those schools would schedule our top programs with home-home situations.

Total ignorance... that's why the President left.

For once in your sad life, could you act like you have some type of sense non-sports guy and not get aroused every time you see a Valley post to get your hate on? Just one time.

We know why our former president is now your president/problem and it has nothing to do with athletics but you and small minded JSU alums of your ilk are too prideful to see that the plans are in place to sink both schools but of course your brain won't allow you to type that.

Then again you were the same one that didn't mind HBCU mergers before and thought massa IHL was gonna treat JSU as an equal with the growth. Then reality set in last month

Back