2017 Honda Battle of the Bands

AAMU represented the swac best. The Ocean gets a nod for the Black tv throw backs. Alcorn...keep practicing.

BCU, that Falcons logo was on point as were 14k (Lawd!) and the show overall. Great job NCAT.

I approve this post! No one bucks like 14K!
shappy_clap_100-101.gif

Last edited:
Hey stu, heard y'all took some serious old heads to march with y'all a the Honda?

16402478_10158126585410006_818508282926287177_o.jpg

"This dude was the band director at Yates last year and got fire by text....principal texted him and told him that his services were no longer needed "

Don't know how true this is but.......

Looks like not only he marched, but it seems like he had partaken in every event. It seems like he was stepping his ass off at the HBOTB social gathering. Some folks just don't know how to let go of the collegiate life. This kind of stuff makes fathers leery about sending their daughters to college.

upload_2017-2-5_9-1-49.png

I'm wondering was that another old mofo he was staring down from NCA&T. Funny how NCA&T grew by 40 to 50 members compared to the start of the school year.

Last edited:
Hey stu, heard y'all took some serious old heads to march with y'all a the Honda?

16402478_10158126585410006_818508282926287177_o.jpg

"This dude was the band director at Yates last year and got fire by text....principal texted him and told him that his services were no longer needed "

Don't know how true this is but.......

Frat, unfortunately that is their M.O. They have always had folks in the band for years upon years. Nothing new here. I am not shocked at all.

Even when they got in trouble in Japan, there were kids not supposed to be in the band or even in school.

To me after marching 4 years that should be enough. Maybe a 5th rip if you are still in school. But no more than that. Doc was really strict about that during our time. I know he made a few exceptions after folks got their jackets. But they were in school. Even then it was not common practice.

Exactly why FAMU's band is no longer 400 to 500 members. There's no accountability for mofos that have graduated and is no longer associated with the school as a student. IMO, HBCU bands really need to stop this dumb practice. Now it makes me wonder how BCU can keep such a large band for a small school.

Exactly why FAMU's band is no longer 400 to 500 members. There's no accountability for mofos that have graduated and is no longer associated with the school as a student. IMO, HBCU bands really need to stop this dumb practice. Now it makes me wonder how BCU can keep such a large band for a small school.

FAMU ain't been the same since the old bandmember/ Tallahassee CC pipeline was cutoff!

Back