2017 Honda Battle of the Bands

CwRyowwXYAE6kMA.jpg

https://twitter.com/The_Honda

Alcorn Sounds of Dyn-O-Mite selected for 2017 Honda Battle of the Bands

The Alcorn State University Sounds of Dyn-O-Mite marching band is being rewarded for being one of the top historically black college and university bands in the nation.

The Sounds of Dyn-O-Mite will be one of the eight bands participating in the 2017 Honda Battle of the Bands Saturday, Jan. 28, 2017 in the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia at 1:30 p.m.

The Honda Battle of the Bands was created to celebrate, support and recognize the excellence of black college marching bands and the unique academic experience offered by HBCUs. Honda annually awards approximately $200,000 in grants to participating marching bands during the program period.

Alcorn Director of Bands Dr. Renardo Murray is proud of the band’s invitation, and looks forward to putting on a show for thousands of spectators.

Alcorn State University: Alcorn Sounds of Dyn-O-Mite selected for 2017 Honda Battle of the Bands

Hey stu, heard y'all took some serious old heads to march with y'all a the Honda?

16402478_10158126585410006_818508282926287177_o.jpg

"This dude was the band director at Yates last year and got fire by text....principal texted him and told him that his services were no longer needed "

Don't know how true this is but.......

Hey stu, heard y'all took some serious old heads to march with y'all a the Honda?

"This dude was the band director at Yates last year and got fire by text....principal texted him and told him that his services were no longer needed "

It's funny how bands get larger after football season. One can only assume that a few football players can toot on a horn too.

upload_2017-1-29_3-13-56.png

upload_2017-1-29_3-11-58.png

And the increase in size is not subtle at all. These bands go from approximately 140 members plus to 180 members plus. One can only assume that a few football players can toot on a horn too after football season. I tell you, Black folks and their college bands. Too funny!!! LMAO!!!

Excellent showing by Alcorn

Sounds dumbed out. that "This is Why I Love You" and "Fake Love" were on point

IMG_2445.JPG

AAMU represented the swac best. The Ocean gets a nod for the Black tv throw backs. Alcorn...keep practicing.

BCU, that Falcons logo was on point as were 14k (Lawd!) and the show overall. Great job NCAT.

I thought the Battle of the Bands was a little boring his year. In my opinion, BCU was the best. Alcorn, AAMU and NC A&T were decent. I wonder why a SWAC band has never closed out the Battle of the bands. It's always a MEAC band that ends the show.

I thought the Battle of the Bands was a little boring his year. In my opinion, BCU was the best. Alcorn, AAMU and NC A&T were decent. I wonder why a SWAC band has never closed out the Battle of the bands. It's always a MEAC band that ends the show.
I agree I think was super boring. My highlight moment was bama state honey bees

AAMU represented the swac best. The Ocean gets a nod for the Black tv throw backs. Alcorn...keep practicing.

BCU, that Falcons logo was on point as were 14k (Lawd!) and the show overall. Great job NCAT.

A&M was voted 2nd behind BCC in the official Honda poll...so your comments are on point

Back