2016 All-SWAC Men's Basketball team announced

Cc9Z97XVAAAEkAa.jpg:large

COY is often given to the coach whose team exceeds expectations. But I have no issue with Davis winning it. TSU has dominated the league since his arrival. He's best coach in the conference.

Like I said if Griffin were to focus only on basketball he could play in the NBA. At best he'd be Shawn Marion like and at worst he'd be a Kenneth Faried, Montrez Harrell or a more athletic Paul Milsap.

Like I said if Griffin were to focus only on basketball he could play in the NBA. At best he'd be Shawn Marion like and at worst he'd be a Kenneth Faried, Montrez Harrell or a more athletic Paul Milsap.
Ball handling, shooting, and perimeter defense. I think he is much better at football even though Asberry didn't take advantage of his skills as well as Davis is. He has the talent to break TSU and SWAC single season records in football.

Ball handling, shooting, and perimeter defense. I think he is much better at football even though Asberry didn't take advantage of his skills as well as Davis is. He has the talent to break TSU and SWAC single season records in football.

Griffin's first love is football.

If you google some of Griffin's high school highlights you will see his ball handling, shooting and perimeter defense.

What he's playing now is precisely what Davis is asking him to do; if he plays for us next season (provided he doesn't declare for the NFL draft) and we have a legitimate big man on the floor you will see Griff's ball handling skills as he won't be playing the 4-5 position he's playing now.

If you google some of Griffin's high school highlights you will see his ball handling, shooting and perimeter defense.

What he's playing now is precisely what Davis is asking him to do; if he plays for us next season (provided he doesn't declare for the NFL draft) and we have a legitimate big man on the floor you will see Griff's ball handling skills as he won't be playing the 4-5 position he's playing now.
Yeah I saw him play a lot in high school.

I tried to tell them same thing earlier.

Hope he don't start his "kill the SWAC" tour 2016 with us..........lol

COY is often given to the coach whose team exceeds expectations. But I have no issue with Davis winning it. TSU has dominated the league since his arrival. He's best coach in the conference.
I agree. You were expected to finish 9th, but ended up finishing 2nd. That's Coach of the Year material in any other conference.
I agree as well with the award typically going to a coach who exceeds expectations, but you gotta remember the predicted order of finish was voted on by the same body who named the All-SWAC team -- they typically just look at the previous season finishes and look at any new player expected to make a quick difference.

Saw this in the SWAC tournament notes:

Texas Southern forward Derrick Griffin has broken the SWAC season record for consecutive double doubles (12) and most in a season (18). Griffin passed Demarquelle Tabb who earned 14 in 2010 with Alabama A&M. As a freshman, he only ranks behind Bill Simmons (LSU) who has 19. A player that has competed in nine more games than Griffin this season. In his last nine games he’s only missed 12 shots

https://admin.xosn.com/pdf9/4597311.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=27400&

Griffin had 18 Double Doubles. For the entire season, these teams had the following number of Double Doubles
Jackson State: 15
Alabama A&M: 10
Alabaman State: 8
Alcorn State: 6
Grambling: 4
MVSU: 4
PV: 3
SU: 2
UAPB: 1

Back