2016 All-SWAC Men's Basketball team announced

In_The_662

Deeeeep In The Delta.....
How can the 2nd leading scorer in the SWAC be left off the 1st and 2nd team nor get the Newcomer of the Year?

FIRST TEAM
Guard – Chris Thomas – Texas Southern
Guard – Jamel Waters – Alabama State
Forward – Ladarius Tabb -Alabama A&M
Forward – Adrian Rodgers – Southern
Center – Derrick Griffin – Texas Southern

SECOND Team
Guard - Tamarcio Wilson – Alcorn State
Guard - Paris Collins – Jackson State
Forward – Malcolm Riley – Texas Southern
Forward – Raeford Worsham – Jackson State
Center – Nick West – Alabama A&M

PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Derrick Griffin – Texas Southern

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR

FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR
Nigel Ribeiro – Grambling State

COACH OF THE YEAR
Mike Davis

http://www.swac.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27400&ATCLID=210775969

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
popcorn.gif

Lol....the SWAC is something else. Congratulations to all honorees, but how did Derrick Griffin win those other categories and not freshman of the year considering he is a freshman?
They didn't want the individual awards to be swept by one player or, better yet, one team.

Also I agree Marcus Romain should've been at least 2nd team ahead of the other two guards listed.

Lol....the SWAC is something else. Congratulations to all honorees, but how did Derrick Griffin win those other categories and not freshman of the year considering he is a freshman?
All I can think of is that they didn't want to give him EVERYTHING. LOL

BTW, When was the last time a freshman won Men's POY in the SWAC?

They didn't want the individual awards to be swept by one player or, better yet, one team.

Also I agree Marcus Romain should've been at least 2nd team ahead of the other two guards listed.
So do you think they should've taken Riley off and had Romain in his place instead? Keep in mind, the other two guards on the second team did lead their teams to a 2nd and 3rd place finish.

So do you think they should've taken Riley off and had Romain in his place instead? Keep in mind, the other two guards on the second team did lead their teams to a 2nd and 3rd place finish.

If you use that logic, then Tabb shouldn't be on the team either (despite leading the conference in scoring) since they're below Valley in the standings

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

Looking at all previous Freshmen of the Year awards have went to TRUE freshman. Griffin is a redshirt freshman.

Riley is a statistical leader on the #1 team in the conference and also a Forward. Although Wilson improved YOY, Collins was more of an impact player for the team.

People don't want to see my All-SWAC team... it might make too much sense than this list, but it is what it is. I'm just a guy behind a computer.

Riley is a statistical leader on the #1 team in the conference and also a Forward. Although Wilson improved YOY, Collins was more of an impact player for the team.

People don't want to see my All-SWAC team... it might make too much sense than this list, but it is what it is. I'm just a guy behind a computer.
I want to see it

The SWAC never seems to get it right when it comes to recognizing it's own players......I am sure Romain will be recognized by some organization other than the SWAC.....

If you use that logic, then Tabb shouldn't be on the team either (despite leading the conference in scoring) since they're below Valley in the standings
I used that logic because Romain is the best player on his team just like Wilson and Collins are for their teams. Riley is the 3RD best player on his team.

debating... do I want my teams to do well and have one win the swac tourney and head to the ncaa or... have Griff and TSU dominate the tourney and have Griff destroy a couple of high major squads and be compelled to leave college basketball as a nba draft pick. decisions, decisions

I used that logic because Romain is the best player on his team just like Wilson and Collins are for their teams. Riley is the 3RD best player on his team.
I don't know about that. Riley hit a slump but he is arguably tied for second on this roster. He is probably the best outside shooter on the team.

Back