2015 SWAC/MEAC vs FBS Upset Chances?

If alcorn Executes and plays good on the perimeter, they might have something to say about and upset, believe it or not I have them making it a game and chance to win

If alcorn Executes and plays good on the perimeter, they might have something to say about and upset, believe it or not I have them making it a game and chance to win

I agree too...Ga Tech playing a lot of freshmen.....it's a huge task to pull off.

I second Jsu and Alcorn having the best chances to an upset. I'm leaving out Friday around 4pm headed to Murfreesboro. Thought about trying to make the Alcorn game Thursday night but it's going to be a bit rough making that one especially since I chose to make the Tenn St vs Alabama State game in Nashville . This will be a hell of a season if JSU/ Alcorn and SU/Grambling can become undefeated all the way till they meet on thanksgiving . If so we can expect the soul bowl to have around 50,000 and the bayou around 65,000. I'm truly excited about playing MTSU though. Man I feel like the players and coaches are really trying to cash In on this one. It's not like JSU vs may game or JSU vs Oklahoma, it's MTSU whom once were a FCS. Honestly for example if JSU were to move to CUSA JSU and MTSU would be very similar so I'm glad they are kind of over looking us. I've followed some of there players and there talkn about bringing in 2 scoreboards because there going to run out of points on one and they're going to embarrass JSU etc, hell Mississippi state didn't say all that and they could beat both of us on the same day. Like my grandma always said you have to be careful what you say because they make more than one size shoe so don't think it can't fit your feet !!!! I would have been skeptical if our defense wasn't so damn good because some times it takes the offense a couple of drives to jell together but atleast the defense can hold the offense while the offense starting getting there groove especially for the first game. And on top of that sometimes you get bored of beating up on your own playmates during camp so sometimes you don't have that true drive, that's why I don't judge fall camp. But when you in front a another guy who don't give a f*** about you and your school shid you be ready to light fire under they a** !!!

I agree too...Ga Tech playing a lot of freshmen.....it's a huge task to pull off.

LOL.. Dude, ya'll gonna get BLOWN out...

We are not playing a lot of freshmen. Granted we are inexperienced in our most important offensive positions, A-back and B-back but we STAY loaded at RB and we recruits "athletes" to also run the rock. All you have is guys who have been waiting their turn to shine and they are not all freshman. Maybe first time starters but not freshmen. The rest of the team is surely not freshmen.

I think GT's triple option is going to give Alcorn pure hell. I am hoping that the Braves get the ball first and set a tone for an offensive battle. The Braves can't play conservative and I don't believe they will. They must run their offense an score early. GT is going to try to make a top 10 statement by attempting to blow Alcorn away.

I think GT's triple option is going to give Alcorn pure hell. I am hoping that the Braves get the ball first and set a tone for an offensive battle. The Braves can't play conservative and I don't believe they will. They must run their offense an score early. GT is going to try to make a top 10 statement by attempting to blow Alcorn away.

Dude, the Tech defense ain't no joke and returns a lot of starters. We are in year three of the Ted Roof era on defense and you know what that means. Our defense has gotten better every year under Roof. If Alcorn gets the ball first, they will be three and out. GT is certain to score on their first possession.

Dude, the Tech defense ain't no joke and returns a lot of starters. We are in year three of the Ted Roof era on defense and you know what that means. Our defense has gotten better every year under Roof. If Alcorn gets the ball first, they will be three and out. GT is certain to score on their first possession.

I wasn't impressed with GT's secondary when I saw them vs Tulane last year. Alcorn can move the ball, but I just think the Jacket's ball controlled pace will keep them off the field.

I expect JSU to play tough. MTSU is no Mississippi State. I know many SWAC schools give up to FBS programs before they kick the ball off, but I have seen two different FCS schools go into MTSU and win. JSU has the size to fight, and the depth chart to keep the game from turninginto a blowout if this staff is up to the challenge and the players come out believing that they can play with them.

Jackson can win this game, I hate my Braves are playing GT because part me believes the SWAC as a whole has gotten better but that GT game will not show it

I'm not seeing this at all. Did you see GT last year?

I don't think anyone has a chance of an upset here, JSU is a 34 point underdog and Alcorn, this is not talking down on your team but this is a National Ranked Team! You will not last before Halftime, Think about it when yall played MSU not ranked and you will see what it feels to play a Ranked Team full of 3-4 star rival players! If JSU Defense can dominate MTSU offense the only close upset would be and same for SU has a slim chance of upset vs LA Tech ( new QB system)

I'm growing more confident in our ability to play USF pretty tough. I'm excited to see what this new offense looks like.

I wasn't impressed with GT's secondary when I saw them vs Tulane last year. Alcorn can move the ball, but I just think the Jacket's ball controlled pace will keep them off the field.

Ok, well that was last year vs Tulane. That was the second game of the season. The defense got better as the season progressed. So you might want to go watch us vs a real team like Clemson, UGA, and MS State instead of Tulame. Also, why are you talking about a secondary? Alcorn's QB can't throw so you can cancel Christmas on that anyway.

Jackson can win this game, I hate my Braves are playing GT because part me believes the SWAC as a whole has gotten better but that GT game will not show it

JSU can win this game IF we don't miss a beat from the Alcorn game. I think Alcorn could have given MTSU a run for their money last year but for JSU to have a chance, we can't make any mistakes. I like our talent but if MTSU is a legit 8 or 9 win team this year, we can forget it. Right now, I expect us to lose by 5 TDs but im still praying for the upset! LOL

Man the way GT whooped Mississippi State .. Lawd that QB looked like Mike Vick out there. That mofo was killing folks. That dude is the truth...Only a day away so this will be mute point around 7:45 tomorrow night...

Ok, well that was last year vs Tulane. That was the second game of the season. The defense got better as the season progressed. So you might want to go watch us vs a real team like Clemson, UGA, and MS State instead of Tulame. Also, why are you talking about a secondary? Alcorn's QB can't throw so you can cancel Christmas on that anyway.

I hear ya. I just feel that Alcorn's only hope at making things look decent for a while is to come out of the gate swinging. If they try to play down by down football, that triple option attack is going to eat up the clock and wear out the Brave's defense to an ugly blowout.

Was Alcorn's Walktrough out near the Perimeter mall cause that's the only place said execution was taking place i..lol

Last edited:
Back