2015-2016 Swac & Meac Band #'s predictions

I like the numbers I'm seeing from these bands. Hopefully this means we are headed back to the old days as far as quality sound, musicianship, and competition. Im honestly tired of JSU & SU being the only 2 main consistent bands on a yearly basis. Lookin forward to a brighter future for SWAC bands as a whole.

A little sneak preview of southerns 2015-2016 band at a late night practice... Clutch thanks to my boy for the footage...

The heck, y'all got covert operations going on to sneak footage? lol

Now you know band heads sit on campuses every year filming bands during band camp so they can post the videos & be internet bandhead celebrities. Lol
From NCAT to Bethune cookman to Bama a&m to JSU to su all the way to pvu.
Just wait until next week. The videos of them marching around campus, Playing at peprally's, Freshmen orientations etc.
I'll be glad when that time comes so folks can stop asking "how big is this & that band"

Pre-youtube era was really hype. Had to depend on word of mouth. lol

Well when I was at PV, the tsu people used to just make that drive all the way to the Hill to spy. But I think youtube/internet killed ALOT of the mystique that hbcu's had. These days you pretty much know ahead of time what bands are going to do.

Well when I was at PV, the tsu people used to just make that drive all the way to the Hill to spy. But I think youtube/internet killed ALOT of the mystique that hbcu's had. These days you pretty much know ahead of time what bands are going to do.
Even in high school it was real. Our rivals came to spy on our practice so our BD made us set up an arc and play Can You Feel It Fanfare toward them.lol

The JUKE sound great!!!!!...but i gotta say this....JSU arrangment of Uptown Funk is much better!!! I love the balance of this SU band...they might just have the best sounding band this year! Swac beware!!!

Last edited:
JSU need to get that Kevan Johnson guy on staff..asap!!!!!
He wrote that Flight76 & uptown funk..the Boom version..i think. I dont know nothing about Chan Legette, but i heard he is great. But I know Kevan Johnson is an amazing arranger. Hire him boom...lol!

It's hard to critique other band and be professional about it if you aren't a professional. People can see through your biases. Give credit to where it is do.

It's hard to critique other band and be professional about it if you aren't a professional. People can see through your biases. Give credit to where it is do.
JaguarC...If you talking about me...I like the JUKE & BOOM both, But anybody that is not bias & know music...CLEARY knows JSU got this one.....they have the best arrangement of Uptown Funk!

JSU need to get that Kevan Johnson guy on staff..asap!!!!!
He wrote that Flight76 & uptown funk..the Boom version..i think. I dont know nothing about Chan Legette, but i heard he is great. But I know Kevan Johnson is an amazing arranger. Hire him boom...lol!

Kevan is Gramblings arranger now.

Damn....Kevan at Grambling! Grambling is gonna be very dangerous!!!!! They may have one of the best sound & arrangements in the SWAC!!! Damn Sonic Boom, how yall let that happen..smh.

He's not on staff, he's arranging everything for the band and you can already hear the difference in the sound. Won't be shocked if he's soon on staff though, Doc Pannell is working with the President of The University to hire some more staff.

Back