2015-2016 Swac & Meac Band #'s predictions

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Rob, Jindal had cut that school's budget to the bare bone, they didn't have enough band members to spell JSU, so they left out the U and went with JSwho. This year try floating JSUwho down the field!
mod.gif
That ish still hurts huh

Dude, you kinda slow, sure you're a college grad? JSU grads, STOP Liking this crap, ya'll soft as cotton candy!
You just made a very bad attempt at a joke. JS-WHO is likened to Auburn and Alabama fans saying LS-Who instead of LSU. Who replacing U is clearly better than keeping both. JSWHO sounds much better than saying JSUWHO.
B01kQMhIQAArlQ1.jpg

lswho_tshirt_front_sq.jpg
lswho_large.gif
lswho_large.gif

Last edited:
Okay more updates guys .... PV is expected to be increasing in size in the 130-150 range ... Brass was their main concern. This is good cause like aamu if those cats got size and kept their current arranging style they'll definitely be a force . A strong aamu and pv equal a very strong swac for band. The following band camps start this weekend into next week , so look for video links from me ... Bcu (next week) , aamu (Saturday today) , southern (Sunday) and others I will know soon. Also txsu is expected to stay at about the same size with a few adds here and there in there brass section. They'll be in the 115-130 range. Thoughts?

Okay more updates guys .... PV is expected to be increasing in size in the 130-150 range ... Brass was their main concern. This is good cause like aamu if those cats got size and kept their current arranging style they'll definitely be a force . A strong aamu and pv equal a very strong swac for band. The following band camps start this weekend into next week , so look for video links from me ... Bcu (next week) , aamu (Saturday today) , southern (Sunday) and others I will know soon. Also txsu is expected to stay at about the same size with a few adds here and there in there brass section. They'll be in the 115-130 range. Thoughts?
Yeah I figured TXSU wouldn't get much bigger. Recruiting will only get harder if PV continues to gain steam.

Yeah I figured TXSU wouldn't get much bigger. Recruiting will only get harder if PV continues to gain steam.

Yeah since 2012 p.v. Even on its down year with the hazing thing over its head has produced a strong sound in the stand with not many in the stands... Idk they're rebounding ... However for me they got to bring that old school pv excitement to the field shows cause they're just an afterthought ... As for txsu I mean the band has been pretty average since their 2011 year where they were top 3 band in my book. There's no forward progress with them ... No Honda, no big band recognition to hang a hat on, no memorable field shows, and nothing spectacular in the stands. It's bad. I like txsu , they were the main attraction back in the 80s ... And for those who don't know what I mean ... Research and you'll see what I mean. Until a change maybe in faculty is made ... Numbers will be low and I see nothing noticeable about them changing in the upcoming season in the stands. Just spitting the truth... Take it or leave it.

Does anyone know anything about uapb or mvsu? I heard mvsu is getting some numbers not a lot , but definitely bigger than last years addition.., however uapb I'm not sure of... I hear the bd prefers a smaller m4 as of late than a bigger addition as shown from how their numbers decreased mid season in 2013 & never really recovered this past year... They've lowkey been a solid band on the field..., but I'd like that 2004 aggression sound back in the stands while still maintaining the balance and controlled philosophy at pb.

Does anyone know anything about uapb or mvsu? I heard mvsu is getting some numbers not a lot , but definitely bigger than last years addition.., however uapb I'm not sure of... I hear the bd prefers a smaller m4 as of late than a bigger addition as shown from how their numbers decreased mid season in 2013 & never really recovered this past year... They've lowkey been a solid band on the field..., but I'd like that 2004 aggression sound back in the stands while still maintaining the balance and controlled philosophy at pb.
I honestly don't know how UAPB recruits, they have become so silent in the SWAC pecking order.

It's hard to please you in much of anything band related these days. Can you throw in ONE compliment every now and then?
Here is a compliment on the screaming in the most recent Dowell Taylor bands: It was light years better than in the Liddell bands.

I am from the SIVAD/Houghton era. I can tell you this: Prof would have cracked you in the gonads if you could not control the attack, release, and tone of a Double G as well as you a second line G IN A PERFORMANCE. I can almost hear his voice yellin'. One thing you could not do was ruin a performance. You would be without a mouthpiece. And the stare ... the stare would let you know that if you dd it a second time, you would be spending more of your own money in the next semester.

Prof offered no excuses to a single member of Trump Funk because they were his students.

Talledega vs Southern Midnight Madness BOTB (Night before Boombox Classic) crosses finger that Jackson attends as well.... holy shit that battle would be LEGENDARY!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Talledega vs Southern Midnight Madness BOTB (Night before Boombox Classic) crosses finger that Jackson attends as well.... holy shit that battle would be LEGENDARY!

I think you should make this a new topic bro. It'll take away from the topic already at hand

I wonder if I call Dowell up right now and ask him his thoughts about getting everything he wants all the time from JSU administration. I wonder if he will say I never had to battle with them to get what I wanted. You really think he would say that. LOL.

Like I said, NO HBCU BAND DIRECTOR will say he got everything he wanted from their administration. Whether it's instruments, uniforms, scholarships or even travel budget to go to every AWAY game. Meyers may be supportive of the band, but it does not mean she just writes a blank check for them to do whatever they want. They still have a budget. Sheesh.

The other thing about my post was it wasn't even directed at JSU. You came in hear bumping your gumbs like I need to tell JR that JSU don't have the same issues with band funding as the other HBCUs do. Seemed a little personal.
I'm Not sure where you coming from with this one but honestly Taylor has gotten what he wants. As the other guy stated before new uniforms, scholarships,field, director stand, and she even increased the bands budget so they are able to make all away games No exception . New horns have been ordered also so what else could he possibly want.And let's not forget the boom eats extremely well on the road. Even in the proposed stadium right next to the new stadium is the blueprint of a new band hall with there own practice field purposely for the band.. Speak for other schools but JSU is truely blessed. Instead of finding a way to down play those blessing you should be saying your glad somebody is doing well. Hell even the football got new uniforms and the almost changed helmets designs at every game so yes JSU is being truely blessed.

Back