2008 Honda Battle of the Bands SUCKED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
they play the heyal out that song on Sirius radio (well I listen to it on my dish network). I like it until they start rapping.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Then I'm like, "..daymn where's the remote".

:emlaugh:

I need to gone and make that investment in satellite radio. :nod: These radion stations here ain't hittin on shat. :smh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
So I see that no one is talking about...

1.........Dr. Isaac Greggs getting honored at the Honda
2.........The guy from Virginia State that proposed to his girlfriend on the field....

man them Swamp Thangs and them Dirty Souths! :dead:

Xhale , ummmmm a dirty south ????:confused::confused::confused:

Man them Swamp things are off the chain.......... Hell I was suppose to do margaritas after work today but might need to switch up.... Opps:lmao::lmao::lmao: that's ok Pappa don't have happy hour for 2.00....

I figured that would throw folks off. I don't think the song made it here to Atlanta just yet cause I heard the song for the first time in Montgomery last weekend.......and love it!!! :tup:

If you've never heard it, here ya go:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1lBYrx5263Q&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1lBYrx5263Q&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I heard it when I was in ATL about two weeks ago.... (or was it up here in Philly? )....hmmmmm

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I think this was one of the best Hondas in a minute for the simple fact that the majority of the bands were ok. Sure, some lacked energy but the execution was good and the music was good. There is no question that TxSU shut it down!!! :tup: Way to represent............recruitment gon be a fool!!! A lot may disagree but I think NCCU was strait. Yeah, they were different but they give the audience the cloest to Asia that they will ever get. And yeah, it wasn't crunk but they musicianship was on point. Big ups to them. We need to cultivate ourselves sometimes and appreciate the diverseness that marching bands can put out.

On another note, I think the dedication to Dr. Issac Gregs could have been longer and better planned. They spoke on him for a hot second then when on to that "who better, new skool or old skool". I'm like WTF? :shame: Ryan Cameron was ill for that. Dr. Gregs has contributed to much to the music world for him to get a short dedication like that. I believed he deserved more than that. A true Icon to bands.

I think this was one of the best Hondas in a minute for the simple fact that the majority of the bands were ok. Sure, some lacked energy but the execution was good and the music was good. There is no question that TxSU shut it down!!! :tup: Way to represent............recruitment gon be a fool!!! A lot may disagree but I think NCCU was strait. Yeah, they were different but they give the audience the cloest to Asia that they will ever get. And yeah, it wasn't crunk but they musicianship was on point. Big ups to them. We need to cultivate ourselves sometimes and appreciate the diverseness that marching bands can put out.

On another note, I think the dedication to Dr. Issac Gregs could have been longer and better planned. They spoke on him for a hot second then when on to that "who better, new skool or old skool". I'm like WTF? :shame: Ryan Cameron was ill for that. Dr. Gregs has contributed to much to the music world for him to get a short dedication like that. I believed he deserved more than that. A true Icon to bands.

Looks like I missed a good one. Daymn!!! :smh:

I think that this years Honda was great.

Tuskegee did surprisingly better than I anticpated. I enjoyed them. But that flying flame of fire, during I believe I can fly...well the whole I believe I can fly just took me back to the movie Drumline....

NCCU sounded good. Really good, but the theatrics were a bit much for Honda. I got bored halfway through. There version of Escapade had the asian parts in it, but I never really heard the song. The costumes for the girl were interesting...I did enjoy Rayden all the way through the show though. :lmao:

Shaw had teh better dance routine I believe. They actually sounded good too. i was disturbed at those finger waves on theose dance chicks though. I loved there Lupe Fiasco INTRODUCTION. (I'm his biggest fan so I may have been TOO excited!!)

I cant remember anything Winston Salem did.

Norfolk sounded good. Had a good sound and I loved when they played Outkast. Formations were good. Loved there trpombones THROUGHOUT!!!

Virginia State was ok. Sounded good. Cant remember any stabnd outy points.

BCU/C sounded good, looked good and I loved teh drum major trick. Loved the Chrisette Michelle feature and the Mar Mcleod Bethune on the field. I didnt go to Florida Classic, so I didnt see that show as I'm sure my other ATLiens who dont go looking for clips on the net or went to the classic, had not either. SO the show was GREAT!

UAPB was oK. I think I anticipated TOO much since I had never seen them before. They were alright. I dont see them returning though.

TxSU showed they arse from beginning to end. I loved it. They came, they entertained and they mellos I thoroughly enjoyed.

I heard it when I was in ATL about two weeks ago.... (or was it up here in Philly? )....hmmmmm

See, it wold have helped UAPB a lil bit if the song was actually out down here. I have NEVER heard it on the radio. And I see they used Grady High School band in the video. We were all in the stands like, Franchize? We thought they were dead? LOL

...NCCU- This band had me in "WTFaretheydoin" mode their entire show. This aint DCI. I thought I was watchin a DCI band at times; then they'll flip it to show style, then right d@mn back to DCI mode. WTF is NCCU?a show style band or corp(DCI)? You caint be both. Needless to say, tha isht was wack and VERY boring. Again, the dome was sleep when this band marched off the field....

NCCU is a BAND with a DIVERSE program who won't let people lock them into a mode. And like your parents tried to tell you, people of color have to be able to do what is both culturally comfortable and what is completely opposite - and do it better than anybody else.

I told the narrowminded on these boards that very when NCCU was selected by Florida State's Marching Chiefs to stand in for them last year during football season. When you are builiding a marching band program today and TRYING TO PREPARE YOUR GRADUATES TO GET THE AVAILABLE JOBS IN THE MUSIC EDUCATION MARKET, YOU MUST GIVE THEM PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE IN MULTIPLE STYLES: SHOWBAND, HIGH-STEP, AND CORP. IF YOU DON'T, THEN YOU ARE CHEATING THE STUDENTS.

Off my soapbox.

NCCU is a BAND with a DIVERSE program who won't let people lock them into a mode. And like your parents tried to tell you, people of color have to be able to do what is both culturally comfortable and what is completely opposite - and do it better than anybody else.

That may be true, but coming from someone who has marched BOTH corp style and show style, if you are going to mix and match styles, then do it RIGHT!!! I saw no heel-ball-toe, I saw straight walking. :rolleyes: :smh:

What's the point of doing it if you are not going to do it correctly?

BTW, I disagree with cheating the students if they only know one style; I know PLENTY of folks who have known nothing but show style and are doing quite well in the music fields as BD's and musicians. :nod:

I told the narrowminded on these boards that very when NCCU was selected by Florida State's Marching Chiefs to stand in for them last year during football season. When you are builiding a marching band program today and TRYING TO PREPARE YOUR GRADUATES TO GET THE AVAILABLE JOBS IN THE MUSIC EDUCATION MARKET, YOU MUST GIVE THEM PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE IN MULTIPLE STYLES: SHOWBAND, HIGH-STEP, AND CORP. IF YOU DON'T, THEN YOU ARE CHEATING THE STUDENTS.

Off my soapbox.

So you're saying, NCCU is the present day version of what Miss. Valley State used to be in the early 1980?s?

See, it wold have helped UAPB a lil bit if the song was actually out down here. I have NEVER heard it on the radio. And I see they used Grady High School band in the video. We were all in the stands like, Franchize? We thought they were dead? LOL

Wow... UAPB played a song that's not out in the ATL?? :lmao:

I can't wait to see the videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back