20-21 SWAC OOC Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Final
UAPB 75 Winner!!!!
Arkansas State 74
Oh wow....wait....I just remembered, one of my mentee/students just started playing for APB this year. He was one of the top NJCAA players while at the Community College that I work for. In fact, we've had several to go to Pine Bluff in recent years. We didn't get to give this one a big send off like we normally do because of COVID-19. I looked at the stats of the game to see if he contributed and he did. So proud to see he is helping Pine Bluff out. Lion & SWAC Fans, remember that name "Jaylen Lynn." The kid can ball....

Oh wow....wait....I just remembered, one of my mentee/students just started playing for APB this year. He was one of the top NJCAA players while at the Community College that I work for. In fact, we've had several to go to Pine Bluff in recent years. We didn't get to give this one a big send off like we normally do because of COVID-19. I looked at the stats of the game to see if he contributed and he did. So proud to see he is helping Pine Bluff out. Lion & SWAC Fans, remember that name "Jaylen Lynn." The kid can ball....

From what I've seen so far, TXSU, UAPB, AAMU & PV are looking good (would like to see AAMU play a few more games to get a better gauge).

From what I've seen so far, TXSU, UAPB, AAMU & PV are looking good (would like to see AAMU play a few more games to get a better gauge).
It looks like some of the freshmen from last year has made a real leap. Our best freshman last year transferred, which would hurt us some. But we expected much better results this year.

I know that the AD(s) have to consider revenue, but it would be nice to see a little better out of conference strategic scheduling balance.

The commissioner has said he wants to do that similar to how the MEAC has done over the past 4-5 years because the current method ain't working. By the time these guys get into conference play, they aren't used to playing in close games so it might take them 3-4 games to get used to close game situations

In the past 10 years (including 3 years in Greenwood/Greenville/Clarksdale), the men have only played TWO on campus games in Itta Bena and 3 in Greenville/Clarksdale. With the current AD, they've only played TWO countable home games in 7 years. Since the New Gym opened up in 2016, we've only played TWO OOC games (and only one counted) in Itta Bena. It ain't working pimping those guys out for a check because you can't raise funds.

The commissioner has said he wants to do that similar to how the MEAC has done over the past 4-5 years because the current method ain't working. By the time these guys get into conference play, they aren't used to playing in close games so it might take them 3-4 games to get used to close game situations

In the past 10 years (including 3 years in Greenwood/Greenville/Clarksdale), the men have only played TWO on campus games in Itta Bena and 3 in Greenville/Clarksdale. With the current AD, they've only played TWO countable home games in 7 years. Since the New Gym opened up in 2016, we've only played TWO OOC games (and only one counted) in Itta Bena. It ain't working pimping those guys out for a check because you can't raise funds.

Need to play games on Saturday night in Itta Bena also. That was a magical place when that old gym was full on a weekend night. No coincidence the team’s record has changed when they went to early games

I HATE comparing games... but the Samford team we beat defeated the defending OVC champs Belmont by 13 on the road (where they dont lose).... Belmont 3 days later beat Tenn State by 13.

I would say sTu and Pv definitely. Pb struggled in their other games. Aamu looked good as well but definitely need to see more games. Gram looks good defensively but struggle putting up points. Still need to see Brent after Covid protocols. We are a 22 point underdog tonight.

I would say sTu and Pv definitely. Pb struggled in their other games. Aamu looked good as well but definitely need to see more games. Gram looks good defensively but struggle putting up points. Still need to see Brent after Covid protocols. We are a 22 point underdog tonight.

Fair assessment.

I HATE comparing games... but the Samford team we beat defeated the defending OVC champs Belmont by 13 on the road (where they dont lose).... Belmont 3 days later beat Tenn State by 13.

I understand and one has to have a larger sample & comparatives to make a better assessment. I've seen S.U. play twice against #5 & #40. I know where our weaknesses are based on the aforementioned games. I have no idea at this juncture if those weaknesses will be as pronounced against less competitive teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back