20-21 SWAC OOC Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the last two year, we have beaten five ( Jacksonville State, UNA, Troy, Samford, South Alabama) of the PWI teams in the state. Only Auburn and Alabama are not on the list.
The basketball school doing pretty well in state D1 college hoops!

I agree becuase Sampson didn't want to schedule PVAMU or stu this season since these are schools close and easy to schedule during this covid season.
Not just uh, when is the last time PV or sTu got to play shsu, sfa, Rice? Might even be a while before either of us are invited back to baylor, all schools close by, we have to hunt for games now

Really love what this Devilettes team is doing. They're winning OOC games with a 7 woman roster and going viral off their locker room dance video. Can't wait to see what they do in SWAC play.

knocked back to reality. The SWAC is STRONG in women's basketball.

Very strong. I've seen 5 strong teams on that side ( JSU, sTu, aamu, gram, Pb) and 2 others that I'm sure will be strong in SWAC play (su/pv). Im not sure what's going on with Joyce for Pb but haven't seen her in a few games. I haven't seen Alabama state this year yet. Alcorn girls were the worst squad I've seen play. They are BAD this year. Valley was ok.

View: https://twitter.com/AllAccess_SM/status/1341047785383182337?s=19

The interview is from 19:50 - 38:00. A few SWAC coaches get shouted out as well.

This is big for an HBCU to be undefeated going into conference play. I don't think that's ever been done before in the modern era. Granted, it was only 2 ooc games with the rest having been canceled due to COVID (Ohio St & UNA), but I think we were still set up to have a chance at a winning record back when the schedule was first released. Plus, the national attention and free publicity that the program is receiving just for being 2-0 is immeasurable.

I've always wondered how we (SWAC) would be ranked at the end of the regular season if we scheduled more winnable games against mid-major opponents. Once the OOC season concludes I plan to create a thread breaking down HBCU scheduling and where we should look to head moving forward.

Not just uh, when is the last time PV or sTu got to play shsu, sfa, Rice? Might even be a while before either of us are invited back to baylor, all schools close by, we have to hunt for games now

Granger said on a recent interview that they reached out to pretty much every regional school and they all but TCU said there was "scheduling" issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back