10k offering for 1984 Bethune Cookman Football film

Just putting 2 and 2 together...I think I know who you are....your dad played for BCC back in the 80s, correct?

Check with some of the old school Wildcats at the link I posted...also contact FAMU, I know they have old game films(YES FILM lol) laying around.
Yes he played at bethune from 1981-1984. Won the MEAC championship in 1984. And the MEAC defensive player of the year in 84 as well. Trying to gather all his college and nfl film together as a gift. I've found most of 1981. Good amount of 1982. Some 1983. And not one game from 1984. It's like it was a ghost year. So I got to figure out some way some how I can find this film.

Questions for some of y'all?

1. Also does anyone remember there being a coaches show in the early 80s based out of Houston?

2. MBC network? Network that broadcasted HBCU games? Does anybody know where that show was produced? And maybe when it started?

3. Did any network or local tv stations broadcast any HBCU games in the 1980s? Specifically 1984.

Bostic,
MBC was based in Atlanta. But as I recall, they came along much later than the mid 80's that you're asking about. I'm thinking early 2000s for MBC. I think BET was the only one in the 80s (with weekly games)

Last edited:

Yes he played at bethune from 1981-1984. Won the MEAC championship in 1984. And the MEAC defensive player of the year in 84 as well. Trying to gather all his college and nfl film together as a gift. I've found most of 1981. Good amount of 1982. Some 1983. And not one game from 1984. It's like it was a ghost year. So I got to figure out some way some how I can find this film.

Questions for some of y'all?

1. Also does anyone remember there being a coaches show in the early 80s based out of Houston?

2. MBC network? Network that broadcasted HBCU games? Does anybody know where that show was produced? And maybe when it started?

3. Did any network or local tv stations broadcast any HBCU games in the 1980s? Specifically 1984.
BET was the only option before the 90's with Charlie Neal doing a lot of the games

Back