Andre Johnson is open to being head coach at Texas Southern (Chris Dishman Named Coach)

The search for a new head football coach at Texas Southern University is becoming a highly-coveted position. VP of Athletics, Dr. Kevin Granger, told HBCU Legends, "We're getting an overwhelming interest from candidates sending their resumes and inquiries about the position. Coaches from HBCU, PWI, Division II, FCS, and the NFL have expressed an interest."

Dr. Granger outlined his list of requirements for head coach candidates as the interview process begins at Texas Southern to replace Coach Clarence McKinney.

THE COACHING WISHLIST

1. Prior experience as a head coach
2. Previous success leading a football program
3. Experience or background with an HBCU
4. A strong recruiter and able to develop the talent
5. Able to engage and connect with students, fans, and alumni

For the moment, no one has been excluded from consideration, still, Granger emphasized previous head coaching experience will be a requirement.

Tell your coaches to stay out the tsu inbox. Yes, your coach, and your coach, oh and your coach is interested too. 🤣

The search for a new head football coach at Texas Southern University is becoming a highly-coveted position. VP of Athletics, Dr. Kevin Granger, told HBCU Legends, "We're getting an overwhelming interest from candidates sending their resumes and inquiries about the position. Coaches from HBCU, PWI, Division II, FCS, and the NFL have expressed an interest."

Dr. Granger outlined his list of requirements for head coach candidates as the interview process begins at Texas Southern to replace Coach Clarence McKinney.

THE COACHING WISHLIST

For the moment, no one has been excluded from consideration, still, Granger emphasized previous head coaching experience will be a requirement.

Tell your coaches to stay out the tsu inbox. Yes, your coach, and your coach, oh and your coach is interested too. 🤣
😆 🤣

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

THE COACHING WISHLIST

Tell your coaches to stay out the tsu inbox. Yes, your coach, and your coach, oh and your coach is interested too.🤣

Bubba would be a good fit for you all

Um those white folks in Boulder were NEVER broke or struggling financially first and foremost ... CU Boulder is a wealthy school with access to BIG DOLLAS AND RESOURCES! They don't need Deion to save them financially. Secondly, we all know Deion is planning on leaving once Shedeur leaves. All he cares about is controlling Shedeur image and career ... he can't care less about coaching somebody elses kid and uplifting the CU Boulder brand. Thirdly, the CU Boulder fanbase been starting to call Deion out and catch on to who he really is. I've seen a bunch of loyal CU fans already tired of the Primetime circus on the internet. You only think my last sentence is dumb b/c you have not done your research. Actually let me help you out a bit (see link below). My boss went to CU Bolder and she even told me it's a WEALTHY school that attacts a lot of rich kids and gotta lot of rich alums that give back BIG. CU Boulder is in a completely different universe compared to how our HBCUs operate

While nobody cares what your CU boss told you, you are correct in many regards. You also have to understand that there are many people who have not caught on to the Prime-Shedeur coaching connection. Some people really think he will coach beyond next season when he dgaf about any of those other kids.

Are you seriously calling that story a promotion and an endorsement, or do you not understand what those terms mean in the context you're attempting to use them?

In that case, publishing a story that Texas Southern would not retain McKinney was an endorsement, too, right?

If you have questions about why Andre Johnson was asked about potential interest in the TSU job, reach out to the Houston Chronicle columnist who asked him and actually built a case for that partnership.
I apologize, the article wasn't complete trash. One sentence was interesting.
"Some consider Texas Southern a sleep football giant if it were to (1.) land the right coach and (2.) get administrative support."

1. We are all hoping for (AJ, ain't it for sure)
2. Is pretty much a locked in

All the best

While nobody cares what your CU boss told you, you are correct in many regards. You also have to understand that there are many people who have not caught on to the Prime-Shedeur coaching connection. Some people really think he will coach beyond next season when he dgaf about any of those other kids.

They are going to catch on when they move to the Big 12.

Don't let Baylor and TCU get their acts back together. Colorado left for a reason.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Lol! Have you read what you wrote back to yourself? Because being good and STILL not getting fan support is pretty damn bad.

I suppose a better question might be..."when has texas southern EVER been good and/or have ANY fan support ?" Work on atleast doing one of the 2. Because yall are failing at both

As always..yall are focused on the wrong shit! Anyway, Go Panthers!

I suppose a better question might be..."when has texas southern EVER been good and/or have ANY fan support ?"
Isn't that something, and still used to kick pv to sleep every year. I'm starting to think pv Tekashi 69'ed tsu with the ncaa. Because that's shole when your fortunes turned. Pv shole always giggling about it too.

nicki minaj 6ix9ine GIF

PV ☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾

Last edited:
Isn't that something, and still used to kick pv to sleep every year. I'm starting to think pv Tekashi 69'ed tsu with the ncaa. Because that's shole when your fortunes turned. Pv shole always giggling about it too.

We started back to kicking y'alls ass before the NCAA even came calling! Our fortunes "turned" when we re-instated scholarships. 17-3 vs tsu in the last 20 years to be exact!

Stop cheating and we wouldn't have to call the man to investigate y'all.

Allowing football players on campus and NOT students eligible to be at the university as a student is cheating. :-/

The last 20 yr record is concerning and lopsided, obviously. Even w/ subpar PV coaching, we were still able to dominate.

Stop cheating and we wouldn't have to call the man to investigate y'all.

Allowing football players on campus and NOT students eligible to be at the university as a student is cheating. :-/

The last 20 yr record is concerning and lopsided, obviously. Even w/ subpar PV coaching, we were still able to dominate.
Hush snitch..🤣😅

The sanctions tsu received were comparable to a walking death sentence. The significant difference was tsu didn't have to end the program. That for a decade and a couple bad hires will pretty much kill a program. So no argument from me there. tsu has to do better.

Back