The Novel Coronavirus - Thread V

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

And Now for the Good News About Omicron​

Yesterday, Omicron panic swept across the internet, and through the city, as informed Americans started belatedly reckoning with what terms and phrases like “doubling every two days,” “Rt of six,” and “two to three times as infectious as Delta” really meant: a coming tsunami of cases, quite likely bigger than anything we’ve seen before in the pandemic. The U.K. set a new record high for cases yesterday, after setting one the day before, and there are warnings of a million new infections per day by this weekend — the equivalent of 5 million in the U.S.

What that tsunami means in terms of ultimate outcomes is still not clear, but on two critical questions — the likely duration of an Omicron wave, and the relative severity of disease caused by the new variant — there has been some news recently, too. And it is — all things considered, given the near-inevitable scale of the coming case surge — encouraging.

We’d be out of this if more people, including elected officials, panicked.

We have long passed the opportunity to contain. The only option now is mitigation. We have effective vaccines & new therapeutics are promising. This is not a containment situation anymore.

And don't give me that "vaccines dont work against Omicron" snake oil neither

We have long passed the opportunity to contain. The only option now is mitigation. We have effective vaccines & new therapeutics are promising. This is not a containment situation anymore.

And don't give me that "vaccines dont work against Omicron" snake oil neither

We gave up trying to even mitigate as soon as vaccines came along. As soon as … less than half the people in this country got vaccinated, the CDC and WH said you don’t have to wear masks anymore or test or isolate if you get exposed to the virus. LOL.

Now there is a testing shortage and the CDC is discouraging folks from wearing N95 masks though they provide the best level of protection. As long as the stock market good, these folks don’t care how many get sick and die.

We gave up trying to even mitigate as soon as vaccines came along. As soon as … less than half the people in this country got vaccinated, the CDC and WH said you don’t have to wear masks anymore or test or isolate if you get exposed to the virus. LOL.

Now there is a testing shortage and the CDC is discouraging folks from wearing N95 masks though they provide the best level of protection. As long as the stock market good, these folks don’t care how many get sick and die.

Please explain to me why the hell should any policy be catered around people who dont want to get vaccinated?

Please explain to me why the hell should any policy be catered around people who dont want to get vaccinated?
There are literally people who can't get vaccinated (like small kids), or adults because of their health conditions, the vaccines do not provide adequate protection.

Last edited:
The policy should be that the unvaccinated should be low priority patience when it comes to hospitalizations, They should have to pay for testing.

He got called out on his sh*t, now he wants to be the victim!

Cracking Up Reaction GIF

The policy should be that the unvaccinated should be low priority patience when it comes to hospitalizations, They should have to pay for testing.
right now if you're not boosted, you're considered not considered fully vaccinated. does that mean only 60 million people should live?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
What conditions prevent vaccination?
a coworker took his mom to be vaxxed. she got the first shot and had a seizure while being watched after. turns out she's allergic to one of the preservatives they used, so she couldn't get the 2nd shot or presumably the booster.

My mom was taking care of my brother's kids this past week. went to a school function on the last day and got covid. she was wearing a cloth mask. she is symptomatic vaxxed and boosted. day 3 of symptoms for her. no one else in the house tested positive.

People wanted this to be over but people are gonna pretend themselves into another wave this winter (similar to last year). I don't think we will go into lockdown until it's grim (like it was in January-March this year in MS). I think we'll be in an endemic with this for the next few years

View: https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1463645064010387457

View: https://twitter.com/IdeaGov/status/1463915527445757955

View: https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/1463907581877833729
We are not going into another lockdown

There may not be a lockdown, but a hell of a lot of places will definitely have shortages. People will just keep getting sick. I'm vaccinated and boosted and that joint still slapped me. I think what a lot of people are missing when they say that omicron is mild... that's mild compared to death. It's still not pleasant in the least bit.

There may not be a lockdown, but a hell of a lot of places will definitely have shortages. People will just keep getting sick.
Yep. Businesses, restaurants and even banks are already either closing down or functioning with skeleton staffs because so many folks are out sick. Thousands of flights are being canceled. Unless something is done to slow transmission, the virus is gonna force the scaling back of a lot of shit. This simply isn’t sustainable.

View: https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1477395244744331271?s=20

Back