2021 Swac Football Attendance - Week 13

PV scanners still did not work properly as I purchased two tix and neither scanned successfully so stadium "staff" simply whisked us on through.

2nd game in a row where that occurred, on the east side entrance. How many others endured the same? Who knows.

Also, not too many are as ignorant as I am and will sit in a 47 degree rain, heavy at times, to watch a football game from start to finish. While eating some soggy assed nacho chips w/ cheese mixed with rain water.

Y'all ain't ready to have this conversation. I understand my assignment.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Top 5 HBCU FCS Games 11.27.2021
1) Alcorn vs. Jackson State 58,892
2) Southern University vs. Grambling State 55,791
3) Florida A&M vs. Bethune Cookman 54,198
4) Alabama State vs Jackson State 53,578
5) Jackson State vs. Tennessee State 46,171

OOC playoff games
SFA vs. UIW 3,448
UT Martin vs. Missouri State 5,448
Sacred Heart vs. Holy Cross 5,072
UC Davis vs. South Dakota State 3,681
S. Illinois vs South Dakota 3,597
Kennesaw State vs. Davidson 2,764
UNI vs. Eastern Washington 3,845

These attendnce numbers tell me that this FCS playoff is really small time. These are high school,attendance numbers. SMALL TIME!

These attendnce numbers tell me that this FCS playoff is really small time. These are high school,attendance numbers. SMALL TIME!
Tells me if we have the opportunity we need to try to really get aggressive about hosting if we can.

724 in attendance! R E A L L Y, Prairie View! Your football program has an identity issue. Here you are playing for the conference championship, and only 724 fans care enough to show up for you final home game. New stadium, good football team, new helmets and uniforms, biggest conference football budget, and all of 724 fans show up! Count 'em 724 fans in attendance! What a big-time program!

Last edited:
Top Average FCS Attendance 11.27.2021
1) Jackson State 40,726
2) Montana 24,670
3) James Madison 21,769
4) Montana State 19,604
5) Southern University 18,698
6) Florida A&M 16,967

I wonder if the Bayou Classic attendance figure into the attendance numbers for SU and GSU? If not, that is nor fair to those schools that play their final conference game in the same location every year.

724 in attendance! R E A L L Y Prairie View! Your football program has an identity issue. Here you are playing for the conference championship, and only 724 fans care enough to show up for you final home game. New stadium, good football team, new helmets and uniforms, biggest conference football budget, and all of 724 fans show up! Count 'em 724 fans in attendance! What a big-time program!
No sir. It was a severe miscount. There were 726. They didn't count my 2 tix. Seriously. 😂

You and others are asking too much of the casual homecoming-LDC-SFC PV people. Too many aren't diehards like the select few of us; just speaking of the local folk, not those who are at a distance away or are simply waiting to travel next week.

We are NOT a big-time football program but we are good enough to slide in others backdoors to secure their local talent who contribute to whoop up on their local schools who pissed them off. Enjoy your homecoming sir. 👍🏿

I wonder if the Bayou Classic attendance figure into the attendance numbers for SU and GSU? If not, that is nor fair to those schools that play their final conference game in the same location every year.

Only when Southern is the home team. The NCAA has a 100 mile home game attendance rule unless something has changed that I am not aware of. I believe the AD has to handle some type of due diligence to make sure it is included in the home numbers. AD Casem was very detailed about doing this and I noticed the adjustments many times weren’t made until a few months after the season was concluded. I believe this year Grambling was the home team. PV skirted the rule a few years back. I am not sure about the particulars of that anomaly.

Last edited:
OOC playoff games
SFA vs. UIW 3,448
UT Martin vs. Missouri State 5,448
Sacred Heart vs. Holy Cross 5,072
UC Davis vs. South Dakota State 3,681
S. Illinois vs South Dakota 3,597
Kennesaw State vs. Davidson 2,764
UNI vs. Eastern Washington 3,845

And FAMU vs SELA didn't even have the highest attendance for the whole 1st round. Smh...... They said they were gonna be there and take over that lil 7k stadium. Only 4k? Is that a takeover? SMHHH......

No sir. It was a severe miscount. There were 726. They didn't count my 2 tix. Seriously. 😂

You and others are asking too much of the casual homecoming-LDC-SFC PV people. Too many aren't diehards like the select few of us; just speaking of the local folk, not those who are at a distance away or are simply waiting to travel next week.

We are NOT a big-time football program but we are good enough to slide in others backdoors to secure their local talent who contribute to whoop up on their local schools who pissed them off. Enjoy your homecoming sir. 👍🏿
When PV brought its football program back several years ago, it clearly forgot to bring back its fans as well.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Aye @Bewildered, You got your passport ready for Jafrica Saturday?

Who tailgating?

We need to start that somewhere mane. I ain't playing about bringing this damned rabbit (cleaned, dressed, ready to season) and all this damned bambi with me. We going straight kuntry, pre-game. Stamps or somewhere else post-game.

AAMU done put us down for their A&M classic w/ FAMU so we had to table our kuntry culture for a few, until now. AAMU doesn't know those sa-diddy folk at FAM like to call themselves Florida Technical University since they done segregated from their A&M heritage lol. 😂

724 in attendance! R E A L L Y, Prairie View! Your football program has an identity issue. Here you are playing for the conference championship, and only 724 fans care enough to show up for you final home game. New stadium, good football team, new helmets and uniforms, biggest conference football budget, and all of 724 fans show up! Count 'em 724 fans in attendance! What a big-time program!
PV and TSU people don't care about supporting outside the "socially important" games and even then barely. TSU and PV has never made the top 3 in SWAC attendance despite us being among the largest HBCUs and we haven't had more than 30K for our in-state rivalry in the last 15 years for sure ... LIKELY LONGER.

Being a graduate of a Texas HBCU and wanting a better and more consistently lively sports culture is exhausting .... it rarely happens!

Most black kids in TX don't really hv the respect & admiration for TX HBCUs like I would think they would so we need to help change that narrative.

PV and TSU people don't care about supporting outside the "socially important" games and even then barely. TSU and PV has never made the top 3 in SWAC attendance despite us being among the largest HBCUs and we haven't had more than 30K for our in-state rivalry in the last 15 years for sure ... LIKELY LONGER.

Being a graduate of a Texas HBCU and wanting a better and more consistently lively sports culture is exhausting .... it rarely happens!

Most black kids in TX don't really hv the respect & admiration for TX HBCUs like I would think they would so we need to help change that narrative.

Naw...it's the pro teams, traffic, and there's too much to do there lol.

The SWAC has the attendance/fandom already on lock. If the conference can upgrade its level of competition where there beating several teams OOC a year and showing up in droves for their classics consistently they’d be the gold standard among FCS.

That too but we have a culture problem as well. I mean outside of Texas Tech, Baylor, UT, and A&M ... football attendance isn't notably high for all colleges in Texas.
But high school football attendance is off the chain, huh!

Naw...it's the pro teams, traffic, and there's too much to do there lol.
But isn't that primarily limited to the Houston and Dallas areas, and not necessrily all the small communities where some of those pwis are located? There are only two NFL football teams in Texas, a state of 29M residents. That's not a lot of football teams for that many people.

Last edited:
Back