2021 Swac Football Attendance - Week 13

Naw...it's the pro teams, traffic, and there's too much to do there lol.
A good friend of mine works in the technology industey in Amarillo. It is a city in Texas. Are you suggesting that there's too much to do in Amarillo? One of my wife's best friends pastors a church with her husband in Longview. It also is a city in Texas. Is there too much to do in Longview? Or were you specifically talking about Houston and/or Dallas?

Last edited:
Top Average FCS Attendance 11.27.2021
1) Jackson State 40,726
2) Montana 24,670
3) James Madison 21,769
4) Montana State 19,604
5) Southern University 18,698
6) Florida A&M 16,967

The FAMU attendance numbers are incorrect. For whatever reason they don't show any data from our first 3 games, 1 of which was a home game. They are avging the attendance of 4 games with 3 games worth of data.

The avg attendance for the 3 games with reported data is 22,622.

Even if the first home game only had 14k (and I'm pretty sure it was higher than that), our avg attendance this year was around 21k.

The FAMU attendance numbers are incorrect. For whatever reason they don't show any data from our first 3 games, 1 of which was a home game. They are avging the attendance of 4 games with 3 games worth of data.

The avg attendance for the 3 games with reported data is 22,622.

Even if the first home game only had 14k (and I'm pretty sure it was higher than that), our avg attendance this year was around 21k.

Yes, from what I can see the NCAA didn't count your Fort Valley game. They are capable of making errors. I noticed they screwed up on SU/McNeese final score in one area but had the correct score in another.

The SWAC has the attendance/fandom already on lock. If the conference can upgrade its level of competition where there beating several teams OOC a year and showing up in droves for their classics consistently they’d be the gold standard among FCS.
To be honest with you I do understand why these athletes if they have a choice between SWAC or MEAC would choose any of the other FCS schools.

But isn't that primarily limited to the Houston and Dallas areas, and not necessrily all the small communities where some of those pwis are located. There are only two NFL football teams in Texas, a state of 29M residents. That's not a lot of football teams for that many people.

A good friend of mine works in the technology industey in Amarillo. It is a city in Texas. Are you suggesting that there's too much to do in Amarillo. One of my wife's best friends pastors a church with her husband in Longview. It also is a city in Texas. Is there too much to do in Longview? Or were you specifically talking about Houston and/or Dallas?

I'm not suggesting...I'm just repeating what a couple PV folks told me.

See the thread below...

JSU/PVAMU to the SCG; The Celebration Bowl; FAMU to the FCS title game.​

But high school football attendance is off the chain, huh!

That's a whole different animal. You have parents, relatives and friends of these kids coming to those games. If you have a high school with 3-6K students in them, you can always get 2-3 times that amount coming to the games. After those kids move on, you get the next generation moving in those spots and it just keep repeating. It's not the same with some of these colleges as they have athletes from all over the place and some don't get that foothole in the community unless you're one of those major schools that have a lot of alumni and groupies that follow them.

Back