SWAC Coaches on the Hot Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Not enough guaranteed funds in the kitty to ensure the contract and resources will be made available!
My brother, there are enough JSU folks around here that will tell you that I find out stuff that I am not supposed to know ahead of time. 😂

I will say this to you. Valley has some heavy hitters that are tired of being left behind, and are ready to see a spark for their program. Dancey’s hire was more strategic than some believe.

That’s all I can say for now.

I would say McKinney at TSU.

As one of the highest paid SWAC coaches ($300K+) and hotbed of talent in Houston, TSU should expect more than 1 win in 3 seasons. He has to produce this year.

If Dooley lucks up and beat GSU again, would Fobbs be on the

Excited I Feel Sick GIF

yes

You better leave Melvin Spears where he is. He will sink your program even further in the ground. He couldn't make it but one season at Alcorn.
FYI. His only bad year (ALCORN) was that one where the president ego like a lot of our HBCU's got in the way and look now. They got rid of the president. It was like when Doug Williams got into it with the president. He fired a Grambling legend over being petty and his ago. Just and inside scoop for you. It was that In the closet president. The man has won 5 black college championships. Did you talk bad about Bobby Petrino when he got put in a scandal and then got a new job. Double standards.. Give a some our coach's a chance because it's hard to work with some of us sometimes. Look around your work place.lol

FYI...

I don't know or claim this person lol. The few Valley posters that consistently post on here know each other and are vetted

Hey 662,

I can promise you that Spears damn sure would schedule accordingly at Valley a d keep y’all at least in the 5-6 category consistently. I would bet the house on it.

As much as I believe this, I do know the Spears has no chance of being hired next at Valley. As much as I actually like him as a recruiter and person who takes pride in the school that he is affiliated with, Spears is a “wild” individual when the cameras aren’t rolling. “Wild.”

Hey 662,

I can promise you that Spears damn sure would schedule accordingly at Valley a d keep y’all at least in the 5-6 category consistently. I would bet the house on it.

As much as I believe this, I do know the Spears has no chance of being hired next at Valley. As much as I actually like him as a recruiter and person who takes pride in the school that he is affiliated with, Spears is a “wild” individual when the cameras aren’t rolling. “Wild.”

Melvin Spears is a hell of offensive coordinator. He is a better role player than head coach. Some guys are made for certain things.

FYI. His only bad year (ALCORN) was that one where the president ego like a lot of our HBCU's got in the way and look now. They got rid of the president. It was like when Doug Williams got into it with the president. He fired a Grambling legend over being petty and his ago. Just and inside scoop for you. It was that In the closet president. The man has won 5 black college championships. Did you talk bad about Bobby Petrino when he got put in a scandal and then got a new job. Double standards.. Give a some our coach's a chance because it's hard to work with some of us sometimes. Look around your work place.lol
Well go ahead and hire him. Maybe he's calmed down by now. It was more to Spears firing than you may know.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Evidently you do not know how Melvin Spears took down the Alcorn program, and he was my classmate at the Corn.

Spears will be Spears lol but he'll set the next man up for success. can't deny he has an eye for talent
I would say McKinney at TSU.

As one of the highest paid SWAC coaches ($300K+) and hotbed of talent in Houston, TSU should expect more than 1 win in 3 seasons. He has to produce this year.

That "talent hotbed" is overrated - TSU football historically has done better with talent not from Houston or talent from the city that messed up and needs another chance

Well go ahead and hire him. Maybe he's calmed down by now. It was more to Spears firing than you may know.
I coached with him and he stood up for his staff and wouldn't let any Admin. or parents dictate him when it came to trying to win. Facts! Air Canada wasn't what they thought he was. Hey Stillabrave! He might have been your classmate but he's one one hell of a coach/recruiter and mentor and just didn't take any shhhhhhhhhhhh... He just was on a collision course with the prez who didnt like his winning swagger but Spears knew of his daggers. YO! TMZ style....

Last edited:
I coached with him and he stood up for his staff and wouldn't let any Admin. or parents dictate him when it came to trying to win. Facts! Air Canada wasn't what they thought he was. Hey Stillabrave! He might have been your classmate but he one one hell of a coach/recruiter and mentor and just didn't take any shhhhhhhhhhhh... He just was on a collision course with the prez who didnt like his winning swagger but knew of his daggers. YO! TMZ style....
You tell'em Pretty Pretty!!! They don't hear you tho!!

Lol @ swagger and daggers.

I coached with him and he stood up for his staff and wouldn't let any Admin. or parents dictate him when it came to trying to win. Facts! Air Canada wasn't what they thought he was. Hey Stillabrave! He might have been your classmate but he's one one hell of a coach/recruiter and mentor and just didn't take any shhhhhhhhhhhh... He just was on a collision course with the prez who didnt like his winning swagger but Spears knew of his daggers. YO! TMZ style....
Well you should know that he almost faced assault charges with that parent and player. Not taking anything away from his credentials as a coach. Like everyone said, he was a great offensive coordinator. He let ego get too far in the way. Winning is done on the field not on the streets.

Well you should know that he almost faced assault charges with that parent and player. Not taking anything away from his credentials as a coach. Like everyone said, he was a great offensive coordinator. He let ego get too far in the way. Winning is done on the field not on the streets.
Already knew that... He was not in the wrong and you as a Man wouldn't accepted the behavior of that parent and that student athlete that day. Man they wore their blackish card out that day with First person eyes knowledge. I just hate when people like him get a bad wrap and not coaching when he can help some of our HBCU's but we keep seeing all kind of other (PW) coaches getting chances to win at programs with 2nd. 3rd and 4th chances. Why we cant pick our own up instead of bad talking them. When you're in a hole you sometimes need a hand to pull you out. All luv fam... IJS....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back