The New ASUN Football Conference

You get $450k or less as an FCS opponent against major FBS

As an FBS you now get $800 or more

There’s your difference

Thank you. At best, you can HOPE a SEC team like Auburn breaks off an in-state school like AAMU or ASU $500K to bring their band but for the most part, it's the usual $250K-$400K or so guarantee that G5-P5 schools pay FCS schools.

And to the A&T poster, almost half of the conference are already above (PV, ASU), near (SU, AAMU) or within earshot (TxSU) of the FBS school with the lowest budget (ULM at $15 mil I believe at last check). You would think that JSU will see a windfall that will put them in the PV category with the next couple of years and the rest of us (yes I'm talking about my school) have some work to do but when you got a commissioner who is working for all 10 (soon to be 12) schools with the deals he is making (sponsorships, flex scheduling for the Spring season, etc) I have all the confidence in the world that it will possible for all 12 to have a shot at moving up as a conference

And as was i. If your happy just being the best black school so be it. That's your choice. We choose different. And that's our choice
You are literally out of your ever loving mind. ALL of us IN the SWAC aspire to DOMINATE over any and all on our schedule, black, white, green, yellow, a&t lol, ... whomever.

You seriously have a reading comprehension issue don't you? lol Damn man. smh

You get $450k or less as an FCS opponent against major FBS

As an FBS you now get $800 or more

There’s your difference

That's not true. PV is getting $550K to play tamu in the fall which is only a $50 increase over what we got when we played them some years ago.
I still think we should be getting a lot more than that based on what they have paid other FCS schools.

You are literally out of your ever loving mind. ALL of us IN the SWAC aspire to DOMINATE over any and all on our schedule, black, white, green, yellow, a&t lol, ... whomever.

You aspire ? But what are you doing to get there? Where is the investment and the return.

What’s the OOC record in the SWAC for the past 10 seasons?

Anybody figured out if A&T and Hampton gone get left behind yet?

Or they about to be playing Robert Morris and nem.....lol

And no SWAC program is beating A&T anytime soon except for maybe FAMU (🙄). Just remember to bow down and kiss the ring next time.

Last edited:
And no SWAC program is beating A&T anytime soon except for maybe FAMU (🙄). Just remember to bow down and kiss the ring next time.
Good luck to A&T in the asun conference. Does the asun not have a forum/messageboard for you all to communicate w/ your fellow conference members? lol

It's primarily SWAC/MEAC folk here in this medium, which we share no common football endgame or ideologies w/ you people.

Good luck to A&T in the asun conference. Does the asun not have a forum/messageboard for you all to communicate w/ your fellow conference members? lol

It's primarily SWAC/MEAC folk here in this medium, which we share no common football endgame or ideologies w/ you people.

2 Things .....................

1. A&T is going to the Big South not the Atlantic Sun

2. Common ideologies lol. A&T is a HBCU and a land grant one at that. Just like 6 teams in your conference. lol. You're making this too easy lol

2. Common ideologies lol. A&T is a HBCU and a land grant one at that. Just like 6 teams in your conference. lol. You're making this too easy lol

A HBCU CONFERENCE. A&T doesn't have common ideologies because they choose to run to a deadend conference to chase after a national title that no one cares about. You are on a HBCU board using typical AGS talking points when it comes to looking down on the SWAC yet the much better conferences are not on ESPN/ESPN2 because... again... no one cares about them. At least when the TSU people peek their heads over here, they sort act like they got some sense

The good white folks who wrote that article stated that the Big South is a deadend conference that's more spreadout than the MEAC was. I'm sticking to my prediction that A&T will be back in the MEAC in under 5 years because once the bottom line is affected and the Big South is eventually done, you will have to go back to the MEAC

A HBCU CONFERENCE. A&T doesn't have common ideologies because they choose to run to a deadend conference to chase after a national title that no one cares about. You are on a HBCU board using typical AGS talking points when it comes to looking down on the SWAC yet the much better conferences are not on ESPN/ESPN2 because... again... no one cares about them. At least when the TSU people peek their heads over here, they sort act like they got some sense

The good white folks who wrote that article stated that the Big South is a deadend conference that's more spreadout than the MEAC was. I'm sticking to my prediction that A&T will be back in the MEAC in under 5 years because once the bottom line is affected and the Big South is eventually done, you will have to go back to the MEAC

Lol.

Football endgame and (football) ideologies. I thought that was clear. asun, big south w/ Hampton, whatever. Go to the messageboard and cut the fat w/ your conference members. Why are you people here on this site comprised of HBCU conferences?

Goodness.

Hmm, something I have been thinking of for a while since the schools left the MEAC and it's troubles (and many people wanting the MEAC to fold), What happens to the Celebration Bowl?
Oh, I forgot, some SWAC coach say the SWAC schools will be going to those other games.

331070D0-9B0F-4A8B-9E10-8ABBBB3DFABE.jpeg

Football endgame and (football) ideologies. I thought that was clear. asun, big south w/ Hampton, whatever. Go to the messageboard and cut the fat w/ your conference members. Why are you people here on this site comprised of HBCU conferences?

Goodness.

Attachments

• B924A428-EFB3-4E35-9775-2510C40C2C73.jpeg
    B924A428-EFB3-4E35-9775-2510C40C2C73.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 8
Hmm, something I have been thinking of for a while since the schools left the MEAC and it's troubles (and many people wanting the MEAC to fold), What happens to the Celebration Bowl?
Oh, I forgot, some SWAC coach say the SWAC schools will be going to those other games.

The Rumor is that ESPN is going to keep the game alive but open it up. Would be the SWAC vs highest ranked non SWAC HBCU not in the FCS playoffs. I think the conversation was to use the GPI rankings but not sure what would be used

They need to take their asses back to the MEAC now because I'm honestly shame for them. This is gonna be terrible.

I have no idea how they think a lateral move makes sense. PLUS now with FAMU and BCU gone, their travel argument is gone... GONEEEEEE!

Back