SWAC Football and COVID19

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
As I said before, I don't think players will catch it from playing against each other. It's after games and during the week in which players are at increased risk of catching it (try controlling 18-22 year olds without completely bubbling them off)

There will be game postponements and cancellations. That's why I dont think too many teams rushed out to schedule that 7th game to allow for make up games

That's why i'm in the crib until I get the shot. Folks seem to not be concerned with how many folks are dying. And even those that aren't dying, that are recovering with lasting side effects.. like the damaged heart, lungs, people that didn't get their taste/smell back...nope. I will say though, at least here where I am, i've seen more people wearing masks but still.

Michigan suspends all athletics after 5 reportedly test positive for 'super-spreader' COVID strain​

Jack Baer
January 23, 2021

The University of Michigan is suspending all athletic activities “until further notice and up to 14 days” after several individuals linked to the athletic department tested positive for the COVID-19 B.1.1.7 variant, the school announced Saturday.

The number of confirmed cases is currently five, with 15 more presumed positives according to The Michigan Daily. The new strain was reportedly introduced at the beginning of the semester (Jan. 19) by a Michigan athlete from the United Kingdom, per the Daily.

All members of the athletic department will immediately quarantine up to Feb. 7, but no determination has been made about games scheduled beyond that date. Among the affected programs is the men’s basketball team, which is currently ranked seventh in the country in the AP poll.

I guess no one’s concerned about this new strain of the 🦠, let alone the current COVID-19 strain.

I’ve been seeing too many priorities take a back seat when it comes to this pandemic.
I don't know what strain I got, but this is nothing to play with, trying to breathe is no joke. Tried to be careful, but I think my tRump supporting coworker got me and 4 others at work and he's the only one that won't go get tested smh

You'd be better off increasing your daily dosage of vitamin D and exercise, rather than putting all your hope and faith in a vaccine. Good luck to all of the trial subjects that do take the vaccine!

This is useless for folks that have health conditions... and most others, for the record. If it were that simple there wouldn't be 400k folks dead. I'm certainly betting on a vaccine over a home remedy... as does most of science but hey.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
This is useless for folks that have health conditions... and most others, for the record. If it were that simple there wouldn't be 400k folks dead. I'm certainly betting on a vaccine over a home remedy... as does most of science but hey.
Why not do both? The vast majority of Blacks and most people of color are Vit D deficient as a given due to melanin which interferes with the conversion of the inactive form of Vit D in the skin by sunlight to the active form. Also, we know that Vit D is involved as a modulator in the immune system. Studies have been done and are underway to look at patient outcomes with Covid-19 infections to see if there is a correlation with their measured Vit D levels.

Why not do both? The vast majority of Blacks and most people of color are Vit D deficient as a given due to melanin which interferes with the conversion of the inactive form of Vit D in the skin by sunlight to the active form. Also, we know that Vit D is involved as a modulator in the immune system. Studies have been done and are underway to look at patient outcomes with Covid-19 infections to see if there is a correlation with their measured Vit D levels.

Scientists have recently found a direct correlation with low levels of vitamin D and how it is associated with a higher risk of COVID-19 hospitalization and infection! There is a ton of recent publications out there to peer review should there be any isolated talk about the risks of allowing our bodies to try to develop natural antibodies for Covid; as opposed to us putting something in our bodies that will alter our DNA forever!

Scientists have recently found a direct correlation with low levels of vitamin D and how it is associated with a higher risk of COVID-19 hospitalization and infection! There is a ton of recent publications out there to peer review should there be any isolated talk about the risks of allowing our bodies to try to develop natural antibodies for Covid; as opposed to us putting something in our bodies that will alter our DNA forever!
The COVID vaccine doesn’t alter your DNA. And while vitamin D deficiency does play some role in development of severe disease from infection, taking vitamin D doesn’t have any impact on whether a person becomes infected or not.

Reactions: J C
The COVID vaccine doesn’t alter your DNA. And while vitamin D deficiency does play some role in development of severe disease from infection, taking vitamin D doesn’t have any impact on whether a person becomes infected or not.

What do you think mRNA really is? The vaccine includes lipid nanoparticles which are designed to package, protect, and deliver mRNA inside cells. Cells are the building blocks of tissue and organs. At some point, these nano particles are going to instruct the cells on what to do, how to perform their job and when. This is the first time in history this procedure has been approved for world-wide use!

On July 9, 2020, I was sitting on the floor in my apartment watching television, when I broke out with chills. I didn't have the AC on, but the ceiling fan was on. I was so cold that my teeth were chattering and I pulled out my comforter and got into bed. This was after 6pm; later that night I woke up a little after 9:45pm, hot but no fever. I went back to sleep around 10:30pm. The next morning when I woke up, I felt fine, like nothing had happened. After I got dressed I took my temp; it was 98.3. I live down the street from a Walmart, so I went there looking for some wipes and alcohol. As soon as I got inside the store, I started freezing. I was so cold that, again, my teeth were chattering, and I was shivering. I didn't stay long enough to get what I came for; I was practically running out because I was so cold. As soon as I was outside, I could feel my blood tingling as I started to get warm and when I got inside my car, I was just so happy and warm. It was my payday, so I went decided I'd go to the bank. By the time I got to my bank, I was sweating, and I thought, "God, please, NO!"

It was Friday (I don't work on Fridays), and it was my weekend off, so I didn't have to worry about being back at work until Monday, but I still called my supervisor and told her what was going on. She told me to come in and get tested, which I did. Our Employee Health was supposed to call me back with my results, but didn't. I got swabbed at 1243PM and hadn't heard anything around 5PM. I finally called our ER around 7PM for my results; they were (=). Later that night, I was having chills and my body started to ache. My fever would bounce from normal to 100-degrees.

The next day (Saturday, July 11), my chills were so bad that I couldn't feel my toes or fingertips. My fever had gone up to 100.3 and I felt like someone had taken a bat to my ribs. All throughout that day my fever would bounce around (100.3, 98.9, 100.8, 99.7), and now my head was pounding. By Sunday, I knew I had to go to the doctor. On Monday (July 13), I went to my PCP. I couldn't come inside due to my fever, which was 101.3 before I arrived. I told her what was going on, and she actually didn't think I had COVID-19; she thought it may have been the flu, but needed an X-ray to be sure. But because of my high fever, the only place I could get an X-ray was through an ER. After I left my doctor, I called my supervisor again, and told her about my fever. I took my 2nd COVID test and 5 hours later was called and told it was (=).

On Tuesday (July 14) I went to one of the local hospitals and gave them my doctor's order for a chest X-ray. My temp before Ieft was 101.3, when I got to the ER it was 102.0. Less than 10 minutes later I was getting swabbed for another COVID test. About 30 minutes later I had my blood drawn for ABGs (arterial blood gas) and 15 minutes after that I had an X-ray performed. About 4.5 hours after I got swabbed, the ER doctor came and told my COVID test was (=). An hour later she told me my X-ray came back "cloudy"; my lungs had bacteria on them! She diagnosed me with pneumonia and prescribed me Levofloxacin (sp). She was even going to discharge me, but the results from my ABGs came back. My
pH was high (7.48)
pO2 low (56.0 mmHg)
pCO2 low (33.2 mmHg)
HCO3 low (24.0 mEqL)
and my O2 saturation had dropped down to 89%. I couldn't go home; I had to be admitted.

I was in the hospital for almost 7 days (6.5 days). During that time I had 2 IVs in one arm, pumped with antibiotic after antibiotic after antibiotic. I had to be placed on 2 liters of oxygen and had to take breathing treatments 3 times/day, which hurt like hell. Since I have absolutely no history of any kind of respiratory illness (never smoked a day in my life, never inhaled any type of drugs or chemicals, no asthma, not even sinusitis, nothing), I had about 5 pulmonologists coming in, asking questions about my health. Since I was diagnosed with pneumonia, I was on the floor with a few COVID patients. Doctors and nurses constantly coming and going from room-to-room.....and then coming into my room. I even had one doctor (a pulmonologist) trying to tell me I had lupus and wanted to take a biopsy of my lungs. He had 11 tubes of blood drawn on me for connective tissue tests. I told him I did not have lupus, and that when all those tests he ordered came back negative, which I knew they would because I didn't not have lupus, don't ever come to my room again, and that if by some weird chance I did have lupus, he would NEVER touch my lungs. All those tests came back negative, and I never saw him again.

My 2nd day in the hospital, I asked for a tablet so I could keep up with my lab results. I'm employed as a Medical Technologist and perform lab tests everyday, so I knew what to look for. I had blood drawn on me, and I also had urine collected, for what I thought was for a urine culture. Each day I looked at my labs and everything was pretty consistent with what I expected, but I didn't understand why I didn't see my urine culture results. On my 4th day I finally realized that I'd overlooked something. I perform a test called Strep Pneumo/Legionella; it detects bacteria in the body but that test uses urine only. The hospital had done one on me. The test will either detect a bacteria called Streptococcus pneumoniae or a bacteria called Legionella. I tested negative for strep pneumo, but I TESTED POSITIVE FOR LEGIONELLOSIS. I had somehow been infected with a rare form of pneumonia called Legionnaire's Disease.

I was discharged from the hospital after being there for 6.5 days. During my time in there I was never once fearful, never afraid of contracting COVID. I had complete peace of mind because I had totally surrendered my life over to Jesus, and was at total peace knowing that whatever the doctors told me, I'd be okay. Now it's 2021, and because I am a healthcare worker, I have to take this vaccine. At first I wasn't going to take it right away; like many of our brothers and sisters, I was hesitant and said I'd take it after everyone else did. But the Holy Spirit brought me back to my days in the hospital, and reminded of the total peace I had in God then. I will take the vaccine in the morning, Monday January 25th. I have the same peace and confidence in my Lord Jesus; I trust the wisdom He has given the doctors, researchers, scientists. God is not only the Giver of life, but the Giver of health as well. I am so blessed to be employed in a profession where this vaccine is readily available for me. The way I see this is another opportunity to activate the faith, trust, and belief that I profess in my Lord Jesus, and for me, it's also an opportunity for me to allow God to once again manifest Himself to me, giving me another wonderful testimony of His goodness, graciousness, and awesomeness.

Very true but normal serum levels may have a positive impact on two very important end points which are: (1) Progression to severe disease necessitating ICU admission/Intubation and (2) Death. I've seen where several people I am familiar with being sent home for the ER after testing positive with mild to moderate symptoms on the mineral supplement, Zinc, and Vitamin D because basically there was/is nothing else to offer unless you are fortunate enough to get "VIP" treatment.

I hope you get better soon. Trying all I can to avoid it.
I'm just thankful my O2 levels are coming back, I think everything will be good whenever I can shake that fever. I was lucky, my friend caught it on a wednesday had fever and passed away the following Monday, it is very tricky

Many states are not doing testing to determine the strain.

I posted articles about mRNA - please read. Don't let the street committee scientist cause you not to educate yourself about your own health.

Back