Report: Deion Sanders not a candidate for head coaching position at Jackson State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhhh, what the hell do I have fear? Remember, I'm a G-Man. We own J-State. My point about USM being a better fit for Deion is more to do with what Deion is more likely accustomed to. Everyone ain't fit to be an HBCU coach. And for someone like Deion who has no college coaching experience at all...
Kenn what you just said doesnt make sense at all, you said what hes accustomed to! Then you say he has no college coaching experience, go ahead and say how you feel, you think he wont be successful because of facilities and he wont be successful because he hasn't coached on the college level, tell me what type of facilities does usm have that's light years ahead of JSU since you think hes a better fit there? They have no IPF, old stadium like JSU, their fans are complaining about that as we speak, so what you said makes no sense. Are you taking online classes at usm or something!? Lol

I will put your name on the list for the JACKSONIAN magazine it normally goes to JSU alumni but we want to send you a copy because we don't wanna leave you out of ANY JSU news. We will also be sending you a copy of "Jackson Fair, Jackson Dear" the school song because we know you wanna learn that too....lol

I seriously doubt that.

My parents donated money to your lousy university for years. Without receiving a thank you note or anything.

Alcorn, on the other hand, did have the courtesy and class to send a thank you letter AND I was often surprised to receive a newsletter or a magazine from them. That's simple human decency. Appreciation. Emotional intelligence. Something I've yet to see from JSU on any level.

My father didn't attend college. My mother went to SU. They donated to several HBCUs for many years. It was interesting to watch how differently universities accepted a donation from someone not affiliated with their school in any way. Particularly, universities in the same state. Only one stands out as being callous, entitled, and unappreciative - JSU.

Besides all the bragging, boasting, pretension, and posturing y'all do, y'all really could use a little humility. A little foresight. If someone could foresee the consequences of making poor decisions. If someone could make a conscious effort to make sure they made good decisions. Logical, well-reasoned, and wise decisions. Maybe your football program wouldn't be a wasteland. Maybe your school wouldn't be despised by some.

Unfortunately, NOBODY can. According to your very own.

NOBODY there has enough sense to keep dumb stuff from happening over and over again.

NOBODY.

What a shame. smh

Last edited:

I seriously doubt that.

My parents donated money to your lousy university for years. Without receiving a thank you note or anything.

Alcorn, on the other hand, did have the courtesy and class to send a thank you letter AND I was often surprised to receive a newsletter or a magazine from them. That's simple human decency. Appreciation. Emotional intelligence. Something I've yet to see from JSU on any level.

My father didn't attend college. My mother went to SU. They donated to several HBCUs for many years. It was interesting to watch how differently universities accepted a donation from someone not affiliated with their school in any way. Particularly, universities in the same state. Only one stands out as being callous, entitled, and unappreciative - JSU.

Besides all the bragging, boasting, pretension, and posturing y'all do, y'all really could use a little humility. A little foresight. If someone could foresee the consequences of making poor decisions. If someone could make a conscious effort to make sure they made good decisions. Logical, well-reasoned, and wise decisions. Maybe your football program wouldn't be a wasteland. Maybe your school wouldn't be despised by some.

Unfortunately, NOBODY can. According to your very own.

NOBODY there has enough sense to keep dumb stuff from happening over and over again.

NOBODY.

What a shame.
Then support Alcorn!...Seems to me if I "hated" a university as much as you do JSU then I would never want to keep up with whats going on there at ALL. By the way If JSU decided to hire 20 coaches in 2 years and then decided to fire them all, then guess what that's OUR BUSINESS. No matter how arrogant you think we are or how you think we need to "humble" ourselves or how you or any other SU fan hates JSU, WE DONT OWE YOU OR ANYBODY ELSE a satisfactory explanation for the success or failures of Jackson State University. Calling us names and trying to criticize us every chance you get is not going to make SU stand any taller. I don't care WHAT goes on at SU or what goes on with their athletic department. Take a look at your posts, you are a SU alum (I assume) in a JSU related post complaining and criticizing OUR football program VIGOROUSLY!! lol What planet does that make sense on. Maybe if you took a little time to keep up with more SU news you wouldn't be worried about whats going on at JSU or who "despises us". It shouldn't matter to you if we hire Deion Sanders or Barry Sanders... lol Pay attention to your OWN SCHOOL.

Last edited:
Then support Alcorn!...Seems to me if I "hated" a university as much as you do JSU then I would never want to keep up with whats going on there at ALL. By the way If JSU decided to hire 20 coaches in 2 years and then decided to fire them all, then guess what that's OUR BUSINESS. No matter how arrogant you think we are or how you think we need to "humble" ourselves or how you or any other SU fan hates JSU, WE DONT OWE YOU OR ANYBODY ELSE and explanation for the success or failures of Jackson State University. Calling us names and trying to criticize us every chance you get is not going to make SU stand any taller. I don't care WHAT goes on at SU or what goes on with their athletic department. Take a look at your posts, you are a SU alum (I assume) in a JSU related post complaining and criticizing OUR football program VIGOROUSLY!! lol What planet does that make sense on. Maybe if you took a little time to keep up with more SU news you wouldn't be worried about whats going on at JSU or who "despises us". It shouldn't matter to you if we hire Deion Sanders or Barry Sanders... lol Pay attention to your OWN SCHOOL.

I'm amused that you think I care anything about JSU.

I'm just a casual observer who can see a dumpster fire and can surmise how it started. Have a few ideas on how to prevent future dumpster fires.

If it bothers you that much, I'll stop commenting on your school. Vigorously or otherwise.

For now ....

lol

I used to think that they were just delusional, but I'm humble enough to admit that their thinking goes beyond that. They are just completely INSANE. They just keep doing the same old experiment over and over again and expecting different results. It's like a lunatic asylum over there with a bunch of fairies sprinkling pixie dust everywhere. And I wouldn't say their repeated hire of bad coaches started this. It was their dreams of building a domed stadium that drove them to this level of INSANITY. I guess it was the people around Meyers who created that debacle as well.

I used to think that they were just delusional, but I'm humble enough to admit that their thinking goes beyond that. They are just completely INSANE. They just keep doing the same old experiment over and over again and expecting different results. It's like a lunatic asylum over there with a bunch of fairies sprinkling pixie dust everywhere. And I wouldn't say their repeated hire of bad coaches started this. It was their dreams of building a domed stadium that drove them to this level of INSANITY. I guess it was the people around Meyers who created that debacle as well.

Man, the saddest thing was TP telling me some mess like that thinking he was making perfect sense.

Let me stop. I promised I would stop because the youngster was getting distraught that I had the nerve to say something about his school.

These people are mad for real. Calling my phone trying to cuss me out. Because of something I said on the internet. I've been laughing so hard that I was crying. My sides and my face hurt from laughing at these folks.

LOL!

I'm done. Imma try to be nice.

For now ....

Actually the dome was Meyers idea, which we never wanted. For y’all to have a lot to say about JSU, y’all sure are “dumb and slow” when it comes to what you actually know cause apparently y’all don’t know shit. Let’s just be honest and say y’all really scared now that Alcorn has moved over to the west cause y’all for sure ain’t gone see the SCG now LOL. All this deflecting ain’t gone stop the fact that y’all got some hard decisions to make about Comegy 2.0 which is what y’all should really be concerned and talking about rather than JSU but yet you are here. And let’s not even get on “dumpster fire” concerning campuses and administrations....that’s a whole different topic for that 3rd world campus yall claim LOL.

“Sweep around your own front porch” should be a stamped motto for y’all.

If JSU wants to build something like Madison Square Garden!!... then guess what??? THAT'S OUR BUSINESS... I ask the question again HOW DOES THIS CONCERN SOUTHERN???!! We don't give 2 fake nickels about what ya'll doing with Mumford Stadium or who is hired at SU.. I've never seen a school who claim they don't care about us, but they wanna INSERT themselves in every conversation about us. Ya'll are so NOSEY I bet ya'll even wanna know what they served in the cafeteria yesterday..lol

Kenn what you just said doesnt make sense at all, you said what hes accustomed to! Then you say he has no college coaching experience, go ahead and say how you feel
I just said how a felt. But look, I don't have a dog in this fight. If J-State wants to hire that high-maintenance prima donna, have at it.

I have no doubt that his hire will result in national media attention, extra buts in the stands, and even an uptick in recruits.

But J-State already runs through coaches like water. And no matter what happens, I simply don't see Prime staying in Jackson for longer than two years. If he is fortunate enough to be successful at J-State after a year or two, you best believe other schools with more money will come for him...and he will leave for that money. If for some reason he bombs after a year or two, you best believe you J-State folks will get rid of his ass because that's what J-State folks do with coaches after two years.

That's the problem with you J-State folks when it comes to football coaches. You guys focus too damn much on style when you should be focused on substance. There is NOTHING about Deion Sanders, who has ZERO college coaching experience that makes sense in hiring him as your head coach when I know there are other solid options available. But yet, once again, you guys are falling for fools gold.

Carry on.

Last edited:

I just said how a felt. But look, I don't have a dog in this fight. If J-State wants to hire that high-maintenance prima donna, have at it.

I have no doubt that his hire will result in national media attention, extra buts in the stands, and even an uptick in recruits.

J-State already runs through coaches like water. And no matter what happens, I simply don't see Prime staying in Jackson for longer than two years. If he is fortunate enough to be successful at J-State after a year or two, you best believe other schools with more money will come for him...and he will leave for that money. If for some reason he bombs after a year or two, you best believe you J-State folks will get rid of his ass because that's what J-State folks do with coaches after two years.

That's the problem with you J-State folks when it comes to football coaches. You guys focus too damn much on style when you should be focused on substance. There is NOTHING about Deion Sanders, who has ZERO college coaching experience that makes sense in hiring him as your head coach when I know there are other solid options available. But yet, once again, you guys are falling for fools gold.

Carry on.
Damn!!

Again....HOW DOES THIS CONCERN SOUTHERN OR ANY OTHER SCHOOL FOR THAT MATTER????? Worry about your OWN schools athletic programs and the decisions THEY make... seems like if I'm going to worry about a football program decisions its going to be a program that INVOLVES me. If we wanna hire a pencil sharpener as our next head coach its STILL JSU's affair... WE. DONT. CARE. WHATS. HAPPENING. AT. YOUR. SCHOOL!

But for once i have to agree with j st alums here. Why care about who they hire? My attitude towards them whoever they hire they still will be unsuccessful. These pages are to damn long to be talking about a school who is self checked. For my SU people let j st be jst they will fuck over themselves.

Carry on....

Again....HOW DOES THIS CONCERN SOUTHERN OR ANY OTHER SCHOOL FOR THAT MATTER????? Worry about your OWN schools athletic programs and the decisions THEY make... seems like if I'm going to worry about a football program decisions its going to be a program that INVOLVES me. If we wanna hire a pencil sharpener as our next head coach its STILL JSU's affair... WE. DONT. CARE. WHATS. HAPPENING. AT. YOUR. SCHOOL!
That's just it! It doesn't concern any other SWAC school. But YOUR school is the topic of this thread. That is why we are talking about it. There are other threads on this forum that focus on other schools that have nothing to do with yours...you see how this works now? (sheesh)

That's just it! It doesn't concern any other SWAC school. But YOUR school is the topic of this thread. That is why we are talking about it. There are other threads on this forum that focus on other schools that have nothing to do with yours...you see how this works now? (sheesh)

Watch it Kenn, they just might boycott this page, because us nosey SU folks need them to continue to post something about jsu every second. How else can we get such great FREE entertainment???

Last edited:
Lol We as JSU alums dont care that DEEPLY into the hiring successes or failures at SU, GSU, Valley, Alcorn, or any other school. We also don't DEFEND a false point of view into what we THINK is happening at another school with THEIR administration. Amicable rivalry is one thing but to make assumptions about what "the problem is"at another school is like walking into somebody else's house and telling them how to move the furniture around. I've read a lot of these forum posts and the criticism about JSU and what goes on with us is on a WHOLE DIFFERENT LEVEL, and suddenly everyone knows whats going on at JSU. All I ask is IS IT THAT DEEEP????? lol... There is a difference between wins and losses when we play each other than obsession into another school and whats going on with another schools head coaching hires (and that is not directed at you particularly). All of our good and bad decisions are OURS to make, and no matter who we hire as our head coach whether its Deion or anybody else has nothing to do with any other school. All we are concerned with when it comes to other SWAC schools is GAME day. We don't care what kinda new stadium they are gonna get, who they just hired as their head coach, what new dorm they just built or what kinda food they serve in their cafeteria, all we care about is GAME DAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back