Shoutout to those of you who are about that Hunting/Wildlife!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I live in the Monroe area, in the Northeastern portion of the state, but I am not familiar with Funston. Are those communities actualy in Northern Louisiana, or are they more centralized?

I spent a week in Monroe about 30 years ago or so. I vaguely remember a river separated West Monroe from Monroe. Anywho in my mind, (could have been wrong) I looked at them as twin cities.

Bream and Crappie are some of the best fish you can ever eat. My ole lady like that Buffalo fish. Has to many bones for me, but it's good if you can get past the bones. Just make sure you eat some bread with it. Lol
I heard a guy on a local sports talk show say that if you cut buffalo right there are not that many bones. He said most people cut it wrong producing more bones....I don't know. Just selling it like I bought it.

I spent a week in Monroe about 30 years ago or so. I vaguely remember a river separated West Monroe from Monroe. Anywho in my mind, (could have been wrong) I looked at them as twin cities.

Yes, the Ouachita River separates Monroe from West Monroe, and they are referred to as the "twin cities" at least in the local media.

Ain't nothing like some good fried rabbit or grilled rabbit wrapped in foil with lemons. My pops used to fry squirrel and make gravey with it.

I heard a guy on a local sports talk show say that if you cut buffalo right there are not that many bones. He said most people cut it wrong producing more bones....I don't know. Just selling it like I bought it.
Now when I go to Hernando Mississippi I usually get some big boned buffalo. It doesn't have that many tiny bones.

Ain't nothing like some good fried rabbit or grilled rabbit wrapped in foil with lemons. My pops used to fry squirrel and make gravey with it.

I've had rabbit before. I haven't had squirrel before though. I know some folks in South Louisiana, particularly those Cajuns eat the hell out of squirrels though.....LOL

Yes, the Ouachita River separates Monroe from West Monroe, and they are referred to as the "twin cities" at least in the local media.

From what I can remember (at least what I saw), it was a beautiful small urban area.

I hate the word "crappie". :D

When I was a kid, my grandparents called them white perch. Some folks in southern Louisiana and south Mississippi called them sacalait. Sounds much better than crappie to me. More appetizing.
Pronounced crah'pee...at least that is how we pronounce it.

😂

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
They buying them as fast as you can raise them lol. Goats don’t do well in Louisiana.
I remember back in the 90's one of my friends from Ghana asked me to go with him to a goat farm in Ruston. We bought a goat and had to chase it around so that we could kill it. I grabbed the hind legs and my friend grabbed the goat by its throat and cut its neck. We ended up skinning it and chopping it up. We had curry goat and rice. That was my first and last time eating goat. It had a gamey taste to it.

Goats do pretty well in Georgia. In metro Atlanta there are too many Caribbean restaurants to count. And, most of them serve/sell goat.
Oh they will buy them, it’s a huge Muslim community in NO and BR. It’s hard to raise them in the boot where I live, East Baton Rouge. They get sick fast because the moisture in the ground. One day they doing fine the next day the entire Herd sick, they all have Diarrhea , and once that happens they usually die.

Oh they will buy them, it’s a huge Muslim community in NO and BR. It’s hard to raise them in the boot where I live, East Baton Rouge. They get sick fast because the moisture in the ground. One day they doing fine the next day the entire Herd sick, they all have Diarrhea , and once that happens they usually die.

The Muslims are where the money is for them. I was stationed in Turkey for a year many years ago. While there I noticed during the approach of Muslim holy days lambs were for sell in many places. I slowly began to realize many of them were being purchased for religious sacrifice.

Back