Shoutout to those of you who are about that Hunting/Wildlife!

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
I am a city boy at heart. Luckily my Pops taught me some things when I was younger (how to shoot, fish, grow a garden). It just so happens that at 47, I am still gifted with the knowledge to do these things. I've already started the process of sharing this knowledge with my lil man.

No I ain't shooting deer and hunting rabbits just yet, but I stay in the suburbs of a big city now. Where I live is just right. If push comes to shove, I will do what I have to do for my family. I never used to watch stuff like this growing up. However, because of the current situation, I am all eyes and ears.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNlGJRXYCy8&list=WL&index=75

I was recently invited to hunt some wild hogs by a friend that purchased acres of land here in Texas. They are a big problem for the farmers here. Texas allows you to hunt them from the air. I got a problem with killing just to be killing though so I might turn the invitation down.

I was recently invited to hunt some wild hogs by a friend that purchased acres of land here in Texas. They are a big problem for the farmers here. Texas allows you to hunt them from the air. I got a problem with killing just to be killing though so I might turn the invitation down.

What do they do with them after the kill them? Do they leave them for the vultures and coyotes and other scavengers?
We had some come through our neighborhood a few years back. They were tearing up my neighbors yard almost nightly. Someone set out a trap and caught two one night. They have not been back since. I heard they came and picked them up to be slaughtered.

What do they do with them after the kill them? Do they leave them for the vultures and coyotes and other scavengers?
We had some come through our neighborhood a few years back. They were tearing up my neighbors yard almost nightly. Someone set out a trap and caught two one night. They have not been back since. I heard they came and picked them up to be slaughtered.

Some folks don't eat wild hogs and others do. I'm sure you probably know that though.

I love fishing, but never been into hunting. Since we have all this time on our hands, decided to put the family land I have that’s just growing up to use lol. I’m planting a garden and thinking about raising lambs.

I never really thought about it but I'm guessing you're from North Louisiana. No crabs in N. LA.?

LOL, you are absolutely right! No crabs here in North Louisiana to my knowledge! I'm not an outdoorsman, and to be honest with you, I would'nt have known a crab if I had seen one! After I had posted the question, seems that I do remember people eating crabs during the time I spent in Baton Rouge.

Last edited:
Yeah there are crabs in Nawf Loosana. My folk are from Funston, Logansport and that area going north to Shreveport. There are crabs in freshwater.

I live in the Monroe area, in the Northeastern portion of the state, but I am not familiar with Funston. Are those communities actualy in Northern Louisiana, or are they more centralized?

I live in the Monroe area, in the Northeastern portion of the state, but I am not familiar with Funston. Are those communities actualy in Northern Louisiana, or are they more centralized?
Funston is about 5 miles north of Logansport.

Where is Logansport in relationship to Shreveport, Alexandria, and Texas? In which parish is it situated?
South of Shreveport....about 45 minutes down 71. Logansport sits on the Sabine River. Hwy 5 runs past Funston thru Longstreet. Turn right at the flashing light to Hwy. 71 then left to Shreveport.

Back