NCAA Transfer Portal - Part 2

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Dez not quite sure I would agree with that. Example Hunter Register from your school could have played anywhere. Now don't say he was the exception :)
What you mean? Hunter not better than Micheal Hayes, Scottie Anderson, nor Sylvester Morris. They all played in the Swac.

What you mean? Hunter not better than Micheal Hayes, Scottie Anderson, nor Sylvester Morris. They all played in the Swac.
Dez I’m not saying he was better than those players but just said he was good enough to play at a FBS.

Players are overrated, however if you have the chance to take a 5 as opposed to a 3 you are going to jump on the 5 unless you are looking to fill a position on your tteam and you need that 3 star.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
So you don’t feel Nick or Dalbo are looking at stars, I find that hard to believe.

The stars follow the recruiting. The chicken dont come before the egg.

How do you think the sites determine when a 2 star becomes a 3, or a 3 becomes a 4, etc?

Most of your top 10-15 programs aren't just chasing stars. They're doing legit evaluation. Many others might recruit based off who's recruiting who and who's ranked.. but those that do that in P5 typically dont do well. Example... Butch Jones at Tennessee. Signed some nicely ranked classes but it was a wash because they weren't evaluating thoroughly enough

Last edited:
Where did you hear that information?

Straight from the coaches or scouts themselves.

Read these books and you'll see what I mean

4th and Goal Everyday
Meat Market

Most of the top player rankings come after programs start evaluating, contacting and offering these kids. The programs usually know their targets long before the sites and public know.

I've personally seen kids go from 2 stars (or not even on a site) to 4 star based on a coach reportedly visiting a kid

On the flipside, I've seen a 3 star drop to a 2 star based on where he eventually signs. Thats what happened to Aqeel Glass. He was a 3 star until he committed to AAMU

Yeah kids are not even given star ratings until the end of their sophomore years (spring) in most cases. Often times the big name schools have seen them at camps or while visiting the upperclassmen on campus and they offer the young guys as well. SU offered a kid from Dallas (now at Duncanville) as a freshman before anyone else last spring. The big names have started offering and I'm sure the kid will be rated a 4 star by the end of this summer.

Back