Texas Tech & LSU transfer Giles comes home to TSU

I’ve said this numerous times in here and quote me ... Texas southern will be a problem in the west and will offset one of the big three in the west southern, pv, or Grambling from potentially coming out the west.. one or even more could have a Texas southern L on their resume this year... I keep telling folks this ... this ain’t same ole same ole this year..

I'll take it one game at a time. I felt the same with Haywood in his 2nd and 3rd years and we see how it turned out. We will definitely win more games than we did last year.

I’ve said this numerous times in here and quote me ... Texas southern will be a problem in the west and will offset one of the big three in the west southern, pv, or Grambling from potentially coming out the west.. one or even more could have a Texas southern L on their resume this year... I keep telling folks this ... this ain’t same ole same ole this year... on paper the swac is strong from top to bottom baring injuries

I agree. TxSU will shock some folks this year.

I think, on paper and proven already through T~, that sTu WRs will be one of the best core groups in the SWAC. Tren'Davian's prowess is already solidified and we expect BIG things from him this fall. I'm sure Mr Giles will follow suit w/ his rebirth.

I'll take it one game at a time. I felt the same with Haywood in his 2nd and 3rd years and we see how it turned out. We will definitely win more games than we did last year.
Question, will TSU bring more fans to Dallas this year when you all play SU? It was kind of embarrassing sitting there looking at TSUs' empty seats. I was sitting on TSUs' side and it was empty.

Last edited:

It kind of embarressing at the SWAC tournament watching teams not name TSU disguised as empty seats. We know who we are. If we have a couple of winning FB seasons we will consider going to a game or two.

Think about it, what have the FBS Texas schools done lately? Texas won a national title then faded, Texas Tech had an uptick but soon fell off, TCU was looking great and have since fallen off, Baylor was doing well then the scandal hit them, SMU, UTEP, UTSA, and Texas State also haven't done much.

Still a great source of pride down here to leave and go play out of state. Mack Brown changed that for a quick minute and it's held to an extent at UT. Looked like Sumlin may have gotten something going in college station, and for a brief moment more of our best started staying home but that didn't last. Our best are still making out of state teams the best.

That could change with the coach at A&M though. He's got the pedigree and track record and had them looking pretty decent last year. If he can consistently build on that he may have something. I don't expect much from UT or the rest of the schools here until another one seriously competes for a NC and we have another phase where our best wanna stay home.

Played with alotta dudes from Florida at State, and it always stayed with me how much they wanted to stay in Florida and play, even if that meant at what used to be considered second tier schools before they'd leave and go out of state.

Think it is the number of power 5 schools and almost power 5 schools in the state. The talent is diluted.
Texas
Texas AM
Texas Tech
Baylor
TCU

Back