Texas Tech & LSU transfer Giles comes home to TSU

tsugraytiger

He may be our ticket to Atlanta because I remember how well he did at Tech ... his dad is a video coordinator for TSU and he's from Houston so he should feel right at home and ready to play compared to when he was with Tech & LSU.

I'm really impressed with TSU roster this fall, we just need to execute because we got the resources.

**Continues to look for potential flights to Atlanta in December**

Whose going to consistently get him the ball? Just being a good wide receiver means nothing if the QB can't get him the ball.
And has your defense improved any? If not, oh well.

Whose going to consistently get him the ball? Just being a good wide receiver means nothing if the QB can't get him the ball.
And has your defense improved any? If not, oh well.

They got De'Andre Johnson from FAU. McKinnley has definitely brought in a lot of talent for TxSu since he has taken over. They've definitely had the best off season recruiting I've seen from any Swac team in years.

never understood why TxSU hasnt been a force in football..all the talent in Texas and they havent been consistent in winning
Think about it, what have the FBS Texas schools done lately? Texas won a national title then faded, Texas Tech had an uptick but soon fell off, TCU was looking great and have since fallen off, Baylor was doing well then the scandal hit them, SMU, UTEP, UTSA, and Texas State also haven't done much.

Last edited:
They got De'Andre Johnson from FAU. McKinnley has definitely brought in a lot of talent for TxSu since he has taken over. They've definitely had the best off season recruiting I've seen from any Swac team in years.

Best recruiting class from what I have read goes to Alcorn, Southern, and Prairie View in that order.

Texas Southern has had one hell of a class. I don’t know who you get any better.

Think about it, what have the FBS Texas schools done lately? Texas won a national title then faded, Texas Tech had an uptick but soon fell off, TCU was looking great and have since fallen off, Baylor was doing well then the scandal hit them, SMU, UTEP, UTSA, and Texas State also haven't done much.

Texas and Texas A&M are expected to have good year. Baylor made it to a bowl game last year. They were not expected to have a competitive team last year.

Stop making me say good things about those schools.

Texas and Texas A&M are expected to have good year. Baylor made it to a bowl game last year. They were not expected to have a competitive team last year.

Stop making me say good things about those schools.
Just pointing out that being in Texas doesn't guarantee success on the field. It's more than just Texas talent that'll win championships on any level.

I’ve said this numerous times in here and quote me ... Texas southern will be a problem in the west and will offset one of the big three in the west southern, pv, or Grambling from potentially coming out the west.. one or even more could have a Texas southern L on their resume this year... I keep telling folks this ... this ain’t same ole same ole this year... on paper the swac is strong from top to bottom baring injuries

I’ve said this numerous times in here and quote me ... Texas southern will be a problem in the west and will offset one of the big three in the west southern, pv, or Grambling from potentially coming out the west.. one or even more could have a Texas southern L on their resume this year... I keep telling folks this ... this ain’t same ole same ole this year... on paper the swac is strong from top to bottom baring injuries

I don't take preseason rankings too serious, but according to these rankings, the SWAC has 3 out of the 4 bottom FCS teams in the country (Houston, we have a problem....LOL):

http://www.compughterratings.com/FCS/rankings

I don't take preseason rankings too serious, but according to these rankings, the SWAC has 3 out of the 4 bottom FCS teams in the country (Houston, we have a problem....LOL):

View attachment 7579

View attachment 7579

Me either, emphasis on “on paper” swac looks good top to bottom.. coaching , showing up, QB play, and injuries come into play when season starts that’s where contenders and pretenders are separated.

Back