2019 Track & Field Season

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Just a few pics I took late on day 3 since I was doing baseball.

46995915674_9b495675e0.jpg

2019 Swac T&F Championship

Dear Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Troy State, hell anybody outside of the SWAC that has a track & field program. Will you please come steal Coach Beene from Alabama State!?!?

I'm so ready for the days of old of my Flying Tigers dominating the SWAC!!

PLEASE HELP!!

I repeat!!! ;)

PRAIRIE VIEW, Texas| Alabama State completed the sweep of the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) Outdoor Track and Field championships Sunday afternoon, giving both teams the indoor and outdoor titles this season.

The women claimed their 10th consecutive title with the win, pulling away from the field down the stretch with several student-athletes reaching the medal stand. Meanwhile, on the men's side, the Hornets used the pole vault and 5000-meters to get separation from Jackson State to win their first title since 2004.

Javaris Goins and Chaaka Trahan helped to provide distance between the Hornets and Jackson State in the men's pole vault competition as the final results were posted during the 5000-meter run. Goins reached the medal stand with a third place finish (3.95 meters) and Trahan finished fourth (3.65 meters) in the event; setting the stage for the 4x400-meter relay in which the Hornets had to finish within reach of Jackson State to win the title. They did one better, finishing ahead of the Tigers to claim the outdoor championship.

Alabama State ended the day with 176.5 points, finishing seven points ahead of Jackson State in second with 169.5 points. Prairie View A&M finished third with 126 points, while UAPB finished fourth with 99.

I was especially impressed with Pine Bluff who only entered one runner in the open 400, and he finished 5th. Where did those other 3 legs come from? Did they use their 400m hurdlers?

That was impressive. I believe I recall a half miler was on 3rd or anchor.

Maybe TSU will open the old check book to make that coach want to live in the 4th largest city in the country

The big issue in Texas is the athletes that need to be here and can help you their high school coaches and summer coaches want to play hard ball. Especially track for some reason.

Lancaster High School was built by a PV alum and there has been NO pipeline.

Other coaches will get mad at HBCUs when we don’t take the 10.9 sprinter but will hand the other schools the 10.3 kid with no hesitation and will give them another one if the school messes over them.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Yep cause Alcorn got a QB from LSU in Marcus Taylor but he wasn’t McNair by any means. SU got the ones that played big roles at LSU but other issues got in the way so they left and you heard about them still and they didn’t like that. It was dry until SU got an offensive linemen from there a few years back but he never got grades straight.

Spears and Doug at Grambling could get them from LSU and then Spears got some to TSU when he was with Johnie Cole.

Walter Highsmith of TSU could get those high level thug transfers lol but Johnie Cole was the last coach in the SWAC who was in on every transfer. Barlow was a close third. Some were legit others weren’t as good and some didn’t belong on a campus of any means. Lol
The big issue in Texas is the athletes that need to be here and can help you their high school coaches and summer coaches want to play hard ball. Especially track for some reason.

Lancaster High School was built by a PV alum and there has been NO pipeline.

Other coaches will get mad at HBCUs when we don’t take the 10.9 sprinter but will hand the other schools the 10.3 kid with no hesitation and will give them another one if the school messes over them.

And it is not just track and field. I have heard a former TSU basketball coach say the same thing. I am sure it is the same in football.

Sprinting can be coached...

Well, yes and no. When you say sprinting, are you talking about technique or speed? If you are talking about technique, then yes that can be coached, but if you are talking about speed, then no. Speed is something you either have it or you don't.

Did anyone watch The World Relays that was just held in Yokohama, Japan? Damn!!! What a mess!!! I have never seen so many mishandled exchanges, disqualifications for lane violations, etc. And it wasn't just the United States.
Hell, even Jamaica did not win one gold medal, male or female.

Especially Lancaster women’s track (I believe they won state in TX 5A this year). That same coach is the AD there! Gram needs to dip in there too.

Back