Former LSU outside linebacker Dantrieze Scott to transfer to Grambling State

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Yea the last transfer we had from LSU under Nick Saban was Tremon if I'm spelling it right if not, somebody help me. He was our starting db on the 2003 Black National championship team. He was number 8, he got the last interception of the game of the bayou classic.
Erin Damon might have been his name
Chris Cooper was a beast too
Yea the last transfer we had from LSU under Nick Saban was Tremon if I'm spelling it right if not, somebody help me. He was our starting db on the 2003 Black National championship team. He was number 8, he got the last interception of the game of the bayou classic.
I think that was Erin Damon
Chris Cooper was a good one too

At one time SU was getting the legit stars LSU had as LSU sucked and SU was winning. They would leave in the morning and be enrolled by practice. Lol

In 92 you former had LSU stars playing for both SU and GSU (Jermaine Sharpe and Jay Johnson)
That was happening with all HBCUs back in the day.

But, during that time ours was most noticeable. We dominated the Swac in the 90s.

Yep cause Alcorn got a QB from LSU in Marcus Taylor but he wasn’t McNair by any means. SU got the ones that played big roles at LSU but other issues got in the way so they left and you heard about them still and they didn’t like that. It was dry until SU got an offensive linemen from there a few years back but he never got grades straight.

Spears and Doug at Grambling could get them from LSU and then Spears got some to TSU when he was with Johnie Cole.

Walter Highsmith of TSU could get those high level thug transfers lol but Johnie Cole was the last coach in the SWAC who was in on every transfer. Barlow was a close third. Some were legit others weren’t as good and some didn’t belong on a campus of any means. Lol

Yep cause Alcorn got a QB from LSU in Marcus Taylor but he wasn’t McNair by any means. SU got the ones that played big roles at LSU but other issues got in the way so they left and you heard about them still and they didn’t like that. It was dry until SU got an offensive linemen from there a few years back but he never got grades straight.

Spears and Doug at Grambling could get them from LSU and then Spears got some to TSU when he was with Johnie Cole.

Walter Highsmith of TSU could get those high level thug transfers lol but Johnie Cole was the last coach in the SWAC who was in on every transfer. Barlow was a close third. Some were legit others weren’t as good and some didn’t belong on a campus of any means. Lol

The Cole Brothers are the recruiters in the HBCU spectrum. They won at LANE COLLEGE, and sent Jacoby Jones to the NFL draft. Now, they are going to win. But, the after affects are nothing nice with them.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Nah! When he played in the Eddie Robinson Jamboree 2 years with Ferriday High School. He liked the Grambling "Vibe." He said that he wouldn't have an issue playing for Grambling if things didn't work out at LSU. Planted that seed a while back.

I told someone those kids generally don't forget how we treat them in recruiting when things don't work out at the big school. It's kind of like playing the long game with some of these kids. Some we get to come back, some don't.

But I'm glad we are getting more aggressive going after the top-rated kids. Shoot your shot, right?

I told someone those kids generally don't forget how we treat them in recruiting when things don't work out at the big school. It's kind of like playing the long game with some of these kids. Some we get to come back, some don't.

But I'm glad we are getting more aggressive going after the top-rated kids. Shoot your shot, right?

Transfer portal blocks the middle man which has been instrumental in stopping those guys in the past from coming back to HBCUs as they’ll send them to OVC or Other outposts to keep them away. Ryan Perriloux was a done deal to someone’s HBCU until LSU got in the way.

They tried like hell for Honey Badger to play for McNeese

Beans ... you said Funkytown and I almost said Ft Worth LOL

Had a student from Ferriday and another originally from Delhi. Them two would argue back and forth which town was countrier. Good times!
Starts with a D ends with I DELHI where dey chew it to the grisly!!!

Back