Former LSU outside linebacker Dantrieze Scott to transfer to Grambling State

Hey Southern posters' How do you let another HBCU come in your city and get a transfer?

The kid isn’t even from South Louisiana. But I will indulge you. Saban cut the LSU-to-Southern transfer thing when he came there, and Les Miles continued that practice. Can’t do it no more in the transfer portal era.

We have a kid on the roster that was at LSU, but he was a local kid. Now if those Maringouin boys (Todd Harris and Nelson Jenkins) upped and came crosstown, that would be news because they were 4-star prospects and from Metro BR.

Kids have transferred from Tech and UL-Monroe to Southern. We don’t beat our chests in front of Grambling folks about it.

The kid isn’t even from South Louisiana. But I will indulge you. Saban cut the LSU-to-Southern transfer thing when he came there, and Les Miles continued that practice. Can’t do it no more in the transfer portal era.

We have a kid on the roster that was at LSU, but he was a local kid. Now if those Maringouin boys (Todd Harris and Nelson Jenkins) upped and came crosstown, that would be news because they were 4-star prospects and from Metro BR.

Kids have transferred from Tech and UL-Monroe to Southern. We don’t beat our chests in front of Grambling folks about it.

Why did Saban cut the pipeline?

Oh that game is already written in stone.

At one time SU was getting the legit stars LSU had as LSU sucked and SU was winning. They would leave in the morning and be enrolled by practice. Lol

In 92 you former had LSU stars playing for both SU and GSU (Jermaine Sharpe and Jay Johnson)

Why did Saban cut the pipeline?

Can someone please answer Mrwiregrass's question, because that is the same thing I thought. Hell, Southern does not play LSU, so why would Nick Saban, or Les Miles care if they enrolled at Southern once they transferred from LSU??? I am just curious.

Can someone please answer Mrwiregrass's question, because that is the same thing I thought. Hell, Southern does not play LSU, so why would Nick Saban, or Les Miles care if they enrolled at Southern once they transferred from LSU??? I am just curious.
Now that the transfer portal is in effect all that is null and void. The only threat to LSU in Louisiana is SU and Gram. SU was winning and LSU was losing and all there players that were having issues wanted to come to SU. Saban put a end to it and wouldn’t let any players transfer to SU.

Now that the transfer portal is in effect all that is null and void. The only threat to LSU in Louisiana is SU and Gram. SU was winning and LSU was losing and all there players that were having issues wanted to come to SU. Saban put a end to it and wouldn’t let any players transfer to SU.

My college coach told me told, The 80's team from Southern could've beat LSU.

At one time SU was getting the legit stars LSU had as LSU sucked and SU was winning. They would leave in the morning and be enrolled by practice. Lol

In 92 you former had LSU stars playing for both SU and GSU (Jermaine Sharpe and Jay Johnson)
Yea the last transfer we had from LSU under Nick Saban was Tremon if I'm spelling it right if not, somebody help me. He was our starting db on the 2003 Black National championship team. He was number 8, he got the last interception of the game of the bayou classic.

Back