Alcorn Band Director, Renaldo Murray fired?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Damn that’s crazy..he has completely turned that program around. We use to laugh at folks going to Alcorn when I was in high school in the mid 2000s

Hope he gets his job back

What's up with all these Band directors being fired over the last few years? Never heard of this back in the days even when hazing was at its prime.

That hazing stuff gonna change in Louisiana as new anti-hazing laws are coming into effect soon

Real question, why is the student in the request for signatures saying the band would "fall apart" over Murray's sudden dismissal??? Does Alcorn not have other competent leadership in it's assistant directors until this situation gets straightened out????????……… hmmmmmmmmmmmmm smh

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Damn that’s crazy..he has completely turned that program around. We use to laugh at folks going to Alcorn when I was in high school in the mid 2000s

Hope he gets his job back
Laugh?? Those were alcorn best years in the 90s and 2000s. What asu were you watching.?

What's the accusation?

Usually with band directors, it's hazing, stealing money or f&@king band girls...

In this case, none of this took place by Dr. Murray. He was promoted to chairman of the music department. He was not fired. I'm on staff and these are the facts.

Last edited:
In this case, none of this took place by Dr. Murray. He was promoted to chairman of the music department. He was not fired. I'm on staff and these are the facts.

So what you're saying is the next thread is going to be us congratulating you on your promotion as Next Head BD for the SOD? Gone head Scream Team

No they wasnt sorry.
During that time period he mentioned, Alcorn wasn't sorry, but they weren't a threat to opposing bands at all. Their drilling was good, but the quality of the band was nowhere near the league of Southern and Jackson State.

Back