Official "The Chi" on Showtime Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm on episode 4. No doubt this show is real, so real that it is depressing. If it ain't one bad thing happening, it's another. Kinda like the worse of the Wire meets Goodtimes with no J.J.. Even though I need a balance, I will still watch it and finish getting caught up.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I tell you one thing though, I enjoyed the scene with the old dude and his lady (who was so fine) and how she told him to get some crab legs, steak, and wine. I say that because sometimes this world can get so stressful, jobs, bills, tragedies, and what not, it is good to just slow down and enjoy simple pleasures in life.

Last edited:
All caught up...lots of good life lessons..there are some good funny moments so it's not too depressing. Thumbs up!

Ole Reg don't know what hit him when he tried to take things up on his own.

Papa is a character all to himself at such a early age. He'll be the more successful one out of those three.

Dam, Surprise to hear Earnest got 3 kids and not just EJ. He still hasn't learned to wrap it up.

Finding out more about "Q" every episode.
About him and Tracey...WOW!!!
He about to take over his streets again.

Too many confessions in this episode. How will the season end?

Okay, I watched episode 9 but I missed something. So my man Ron...y'all mean to tell me Ron was told by Tracey all this time that Jason was his son when it was Q's all along?
Wow!

I figured Reg would take out Trice way back. How you gonna put one of your boys on someone who had already punked you in front him. I'm curious to know what's going to happen between Q & Reg now.

Last edited:
Okay, I watched episode 9 but I missed something. So my man Ron...y'all mean to tell me Ron was told by Tracey all this time that Jason was his son when it was Q's all along?
Wow!

I figured Reg would take out Trice way back. How you gonna put one of your boys on someone who had already punked you in front him. I'm curious to know what's going to happen between Q & Reg now.
I thought Ronnie knew that Jason wasn't his son, but he felt like he was, because he helped raise Jason.

I thought Ronnie knew that Jason wasn't his son, but he felt like he was, because he helped raise Jason.

He did and said so many times. He never knew who Jason's father was and Tracey never told anyone.

I liked this recap, because they brought up a couple of things I questioned myself.
Like Brandon and Sarah having sex, I was wondering when that was supposed to have happened and who's gonna end up pregnant.
Who were the two guys that spotted Brandon at the food truck.
The scene with Emmett and his baby momma's boyfriend was ridiculous.

He did and said so many times. He never knew who Jason's father was and Tracey never told anyone.
Okay, I guess I binged watch everything so fast that I missed it. Now it's really messed up that he killed that other kid and then confessed on top of it all.

I liked this recap, because they brought up a couple of things I questioned myself.
Like Brandon and Sarah having sex, I was wondering when that was supposed to have happened and who's gonna end up pregnant.
Who were the two guys that spotted Brandon at the food truck.
The scene with Emmett and his baby momma's boyfriend was ridiculous.

I don't see how they didn't know Brandon & Sarah had sex. It was so implied with them that they did when they kissed after that event.

Those 2 guys was from the place where he use to work at. That's how Sarah found him and told him about her boyfriend knowing about the. It shouldn't really matter about him knowing unless he's looking to attack Brandon.

Everybody looking to get paid including Emmett's baby momma's boyfriend.Now that is just foul for him to ask for money when Emmett is giving the momma money for EJ.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I commend the writers for the way the season ended. There was a lot of closure for each character. They did not leave the viewer in limbo.

What turned out to be the funniest scene for me was when Emmett walked in on his baby's momma as she was beating up her dude. In the previous episode he was fronting like he was a hard killa but in that scene he was hollering and crying. Speaking of his baby mamma, man how does one deal with a chick like that?

Brandon, just can't catch a break can he? I see more pain for him next season...
Why Ronnie got to snitch?
Reg, I kinda like him. He just doing what he knows to do.
Q, a real G!
Tracey, she just fine as wine...

Papa, Kevin, and Reg's little brother--> reminds me of Mike, Namond, and the rest of the young hoppers from Season 4 of the Wire. It was cool watching them in the play and enjoying what little innocence they have left...

Just when you think Det Cruz caught a break when Ronnie confessed to the murder, he now have to investigate the murder of Det Wallace. I was surprised that Q left his body there to be found and didn't dump it no where.

Both of Kevin's momma's gonna beat dat arse when he get home.

That's terrible what happened to Ronnie's mom. I think it's whoever bought that property wanting to get her out that house.

Emmett wants Ej but don't want to have anything to do with his other 2 kids.

Ronnie looked like he was set while in jail but them drugs got him and he's gonna throw a wrench in that plea deal he initially took.

Last edited:
Random thoughts after 2 episodes of season 2:

I kinda like Reg. He is one of those cats that might rub you the wrong way when you first meet him but once you get to know him, you realize he is just trying to get by like everyone else. He has a heart too. Why do I get the feeling that he and Q will link up later during the season to take out his new boss? ....And him being warned not to look at old dude's accountant though, LOL!

Emmett's pop and how he is able to work with his babies mommas, much respect....can't stand Emmett's baby momma though...

Ronnie is just in a messed up situation. Glad I'm not him.

Brandon probably has more bad luck than any of the characters. I think something will happened with that gun.

Overall, I love the realism from all of the lives of each character. This is really like the Wire meets Good Times without the silly comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back