Ex-ESPN Employee Adrienne Lawrence Accuses Bomani Jones of Staring At Her ‘Intensely’ in Lawsuit

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
This….this is something.

Last year, former ESPN legal analyst Adrienne Lawrence described a toxic environment at ESPN headquarters where men made numerous unwanted sexual and romantic advances and accused many of them of spreading false sexual relationships with female employees. She specifically accused SportsCenter anchor John Buccigross of improper conduct after he sent a few sexually suggestive text messages her way.

In her lawsuit against the Worldwide leader, she went at another noticeable name in Bomani Jones, but the accusations against him are nowhere near what other employees have been accused of.

Bomani’s eyes are being brought into question and what he did with them.

“On or around November 7, 2016, Ms. Lawrence was preparing to leave the makeup room in Building 4 and Bomani Jones, the former co-host of ESPN’s Highly Questionable who was on campus to fill-in on ESPN2, was seated in the makeup room. Standing by the door and dressed in a skirt, Ms. Lawrence looked down to change her shoes and looked up to find Jones staring at her legs, ogling her, and intensely giving her “elevator eyes,” as he slowly looked her up and down in a sexualized manner, making Ms. Lawrence feel extremely uncomfortable – another longstanding practice at ESPN.”

ESPN responded to the allegations, denying them all:

“We conducted a thorough investigation of the claims Adrienne Lawrence surfaced to ESPN and they are entirely without merit. Ms. Lawrence was hired into a two-year talent development program and was told that her contract would not be renewed at the conclusion of the training program. At that same time, ESPN also told 100 other talent with substantially more experience, that their contracts would not be renewed. The company will vigorously defend its position and we are confident we will prevail in court.”

http://www.totalprosports.com/2018/...jones-of-staring-at-her-intensely-in-lawsuit/

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Man these yamps need to stop. Women will not stop straight men from wanting to fuk them. Get over it. Only gay men don't look at your azz and tits. I'm beginning to understand why so many groups have never hired women or had a woman working in the group. Maybe it's time to separate these broads again.

Its tough. I've been told by several coworkers(Great Friends of Mine) that I have a wandering eye. Its hard for me to notice that I am doing it. However, I am working on it. Sometimes I can't help it..lol
I've learned that black women have self esteem issues. Just being real. It seems like the ugliest women are the ones complaining. Pretty women speak and are comfortable with who they are. Those monster face chicks are the worst......

It's a good policy to be uber-professional at work. If they come with a flirt, double entendre or something slick, I let it fly over my head and walk off. I at least give them a chance to get the subtle hint. Its the dudes that are just lecherous and so obvious about it that creates these feelings in women who then want to retaliate...the only kind folks hear are--lawsuits. Dudes may not understand but not surprising...

If you as a grown azz man go around at work telling women you bet their puzzy is good and you wanna lick her cat you have mental issues. Flirting and being ignorant is totally different. Stop blowing everything out of proportion. It's not hard. Saying "Girl you sharp today ain't you" vs "dam girl look at that fat azz in that dress" are not even in the same ball park. @chocalate_topaz am I wrong?

Its this tall Ethiopian sister at work that got snitched on for sleeping with her old supervisor a few years back. So, since I came back from paternity leave, she has been flirting pretty hard. At first I thought I was bugging but a few other people at work done noticed. I stay far away from that sister.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
At my old job I would have got fired for all the blatant flirting and sexual harassment if we had this climate today lol

People think I hate feminism when I mention it in cases like this.

The overall cause of feminism I support. This right here is BS

Have any of you stop complimenting women altogether while at work? In this climate I don't even respond to women that flirt at work.

I don't compliment at ALL!!!! It's this fine sister that works upstairs...cats in the building don't even say hi to her. Word is she has filed 3 sexual harassment suits at her last 3 jobs. She works on the second floor. You know how you walk in a building and wait and hold a door open for a woman....not me when I see her I keep it moving. I was at Waffle House with my son and he goes to school with her daughter so they were talking. I went and got in the truck.

Man I keep my head straight and eyes forward. This b.s. ain’t worth it man. You sneeze and it’s sexual harassment.

It sure isn't...folks on here trying to justify comments...screw that.

If you as a grown azz man go around at work telling women you bet their puzzy is good and you wanna lick her cat you have mental issues. Flirting and being ignorant is totally different. Stop blowing everything out of proportion. It's not hard. Saying "Girl you sharp today ain't you" vs "dam girl look at that fat azz in that dress" are not even in the same ball park. @chocalate_topaz am I wrong?

CeeDog both can be considered sexual harassment. I bet if you ask your Human Resources Director they would tell you not to say either.

All this boils down to is that (black) women want equality but the difference is (black) women want more. SMH

I don't understand complimenting anyone's appearance at work. I've never done it. But, I've gotten compliments on my shoes (I wear dope Jordan's to work so I get it) .

CeeDog both can be considered sexual harassment. I bet if you ask your Human Resources Director they would tell you not to say either.
Bruh I go up front and holla at the folks in the front office all the time. Technically saying good morning could be seen as sexual harassment, but cases like that ain't being filed. Y'all need to stop the drama. The folks filing charges are the cases where dudes asking for puzzy and talking about how fat her azz is, stalking and asking for out on dates when they have declined you already.

Back